Hall of Fame

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 01/17/2018 in all sections

1. Damn, lot of OGs in here. Hadn't checked this thread in a minute but nice to see some old names. Maybe with some updated topics we got going, we'll start seeing some of you around a bit more?
    2 points
  2. Will definitely look into all this. Thanks for the knowledge.
    1 point
  3. Questions for you since your a bit more of a vet. Exodus- Explain this a little more like i'm and idiot. I checked out Exodus, looks suitable. What happens if the computer I have it on dies? how does one recover? the same question goes for those little USB Drive wallets. If you were to lose them, are you just fucked? It doesnt seem like that could be true but again, I'm new to this. Does exodus take a cut when you exchange from Bitcoin to Lite or others? Why you no fuck with the alt coins? I read good things on Ripple and a couple of others.
    1 point
  4. Its getting cozy up in here... Feel like alot of us are having the same thoughts - Wish I had bought this when I wanted to long time ago. I think the largest hurdle for it is getting over the fact that at a glance it gets compared to digital beanie babies and in some cases, looks like a total ponzi scheme.. That said, I picked up some via coinbase right after Christmas. My brother started fucking with it 4-5 months ago and turned some serious profits in the high risk ICOs. While I kind of understand how the ICOs work, buying in at ground level, can someone please explain how the lending works on them after they go public? The returns he is seeing on crypto lent out is like 1% a day. I'm also interested to hear why is it an ICO isnt really allowed for americans to buy. Whats you guys thoughts on South Korea banning it?
    1 point
  5. The best way to do this is to Create an ERC20 token. 30-40% of the top 100 cryptocurrencies are ERC20 tokens. They're basically a cryptocurrency that's built on top of the Ethereum blockchain using a smart contract. You should research it, but pro's: you get the benefit of being on the 2nd largest, and #1 most decentralized distributed ledger network in existence. You won't have to worry about security, hardware, or starting a network of miners from scratch. The tokens can be distributed to anyone with an Ethereum address. In the future, if you can come up with a utility for the tokens, create a market for them, and get some traction it could blow up. If not, it would still be fun to own some oontz-coin or whatever. I'm a proud hodler of Dogecoin, and cryptokitties, not because I, or anyone else thinks they're a good investment. It's just for fun, like digital collector items for nerds like myself. I've got a "friend of a fiend" that works at Consensys, a Brooklyn based company that specializes in writing smart contracts for Ethereum, which is probably the most reputable one out there if interested.
    1 point
  6. That's just another way of saying what I said (without going into the rest of your post regards the Fed, etc.).
    1 point
  7. Those wondering about the lows we're seeing... There's a lot of bad media out there looking to discredit crypto and hold off its acceptance for as long as possible. News that South Korea was in the process of banning crypto, that Russia would be heavily regulating and that the USA was considering banning is what tanked it this week. When you consider how this is going to rock the establishment, you can see how they'll no doubt pull out the big guns to try and fight this. There's no holding back the tech and you new jacks should see this as an opportunity to get down and make up for lost time.
    1 point
  8. Yeah man, its an exciting time and this convo was way past due. Wish we'd done this 5 years ago and we'd likely be having this discussion over pina coladas off the coast of monaco instead of here on the forum. Better late than never and glad to see the activity on the forums. This is how shit got big back in the days. The two big exchanges I'm most aware of are www.binance.com and www.bittrex.com - keep in mind most registrations are free, so I suggest registering an account on as many as you can as they often close down registrations at the popular ones. In fcat, been considering registering several and selling the logins for crypto for the desperate traders that show up late. And glad to see you back brother!
    1 point
  9. 1 point
  10. lot of asheville shit...here's some clt stuff:
    1 point
This Hall of Fame listing is set to New York/GMT-04:00