Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What was your favorite piece or pieces in Subway Art.

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Pone156tfo, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Pone156tfo

Pone156tfo Junior Member

Hey remember that old musty book on your shelve called "Subway Art" wel what was your favorite burner in there. Mine was the Disco Piece, The NOC 167 Piece, and the Dondi's.

Piece Love and Toilet Paper

:p

2. hypochondriac#1

hypochondriac#1 Banned

the skeme one with him lying down on the tracks in front of his piece and the children of the grave wholecar with the Vaughn Bode characters, that book got me into graffiti. :cool:

3. whatajerk

whatajerk Member

how about SprayCan Art...... one of the best in that book was Ghome from Brooklyn..it was the smallest piece in the whole book...but soooo nasty..... Arab production was ill....
    In Subway Art well sooooo many to mention.......

4. mud_buddha

mud_buddha Senior Member

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

The Disco piece on pg. 88

The Christmas whole car by Jsun and Seen

That book also got me into graffiti:king:

6. dai

dai Senior Member

holy shit! how could you pic favorites out of Subway Art or Spraycan Art? well im flippin' through and i really can't find a favorite but if i had to chose it'd be the seen and mitch whole train or anything in that book by skeme, dream, dondi, or blade.. :king: :king: :king:

7. canfucker

canfucker Junior Member

i gotta go with hypochondriac on that one, definetly skeme's piece

8. DUE~the~DUE

DUE~the~DUE New Jack

One is not enough to express how sick both of those books are...:rolleyes:

9. hbg

hbg New Jack

my absolute favorite is the happy holiday wholecar by json and richie to pjay. dondi children of the grave again. blade and dolaris trains. mom whole car by seen. lee the wholecar on the next to the last page where he talks about the trains before the buff.

and mitch 77 top to bottom

10. Xeroshoes

Xeroshoes Senior Member

Dream? whatchoo talkin bout moe.

11. scream

scream Junior Member

I love how clean the PSYCHO panel is on the back cover!
    The Vaughan Bode characters on the Sab Kaze wholecar are the dopest ever
    Re: wholecars - Th eDondi Children of the Grave Pt.3, the Bus Eric, and the Duro CIA are my faves.
    The book that taught me and got me in2 graf too!
    I will b emailing u soon Pone - just been hella busy, but haven't forgotten or ignored u - k?
    Peace

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

there was a light 'new-school' piece on the back of the book,
    lower half near the center. I forget who... but whoa!

13. mud_buddha

mud_buddha Senior Member

I could be wrong since I haven't seen every single thing he ever published, but I have seen most of his published work and I'm pretty confident in saying those weren't Bode cahracters (that's ignoring the fact that they're not in Bode's style, which is a judgement call.) Which makes them all the better if yo ask me.

14. graf-freely!

graf-freely! Member

thas hard to say cause the whole book is just sick.ant thing by lee,seen,dondi,duster,skeem,dez,quik,crash,or mitch and blade!my favorite part is the history.that is soo dope!

15. dukeofyork

dukeofyork Senior Member

psycho...skeme...twice...dondi...mitch...
    what a good book..