Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

the downside to records...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by vinyl junkie, Apr 17, 2002.

1. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

i love records way more than cd's, but i fucking hate having to get up every 15 minutes to turn them over or put on a new one...
    if i were a geek, i'd build a big jukebox that could hold 12"s and worked with a remote and shit...:spent:

2. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

i have to agree with this...i also hate how records warp if your not careful

3. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

i think they make record players that will flip em over for ya..if I had one of those I would listen my records alot more...ps why are you on the board but not on AIM sucka?

4. my friend has an immortal record picture disc. it looks really cool when it spins around. woooooooooooooo wooooooooooooo, ya know?
    BLACK METAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

5. HELLSATAN

HELLSATAN Guest

i dont mind flipping them over for 12"s but i hate listening to my 7"s thats why tapes are good same with run on sentences

6. vinyl junkie

they do make players that flip them over, but they cost much money... i used to have one that would hold 2 or 3 records and drop another one down on top of the first when it ended, but that ended after a night of rough sex... (don't ask...)

in a perfect world i'd have the record player that angelina jolie has in tomb raider, but that one costs more than my truck... also, i doubt anyone but me noticed it, i'm a vinyl junkie... :lol:

7. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

i love how my turntable plays everything a minor third faster than its intended speed...so that everthing is just a little bit faster.

8. bug

bug Guest

9. vinyl junkie

oh shit...
    http://www.tcrecordrack.com/tshirt_1303.gif'>
    "Vinyl Junkie
    My Habit Keeps Me Broke
    But it feels so-o-o good"

i love you bug... :)

10. footsoldier

footsoldier Senior Member

haha kaes i had the same problem and for a while i didnt know it..so i was used to hearing bands a certain way on my player but then i would hear them on others or live and be like "what the fuck is this guy doin, his voice is so much lower than on the record"....to this day atari and youth of today both sound better faster than normal

11. bug

bug Guest

12. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

also..

they're damn heavy.

more often than not.... i scratch em up (skips) when i listen to em drunk.

13. vinyl junkie

werd... and they're not portable for that reason, but like hellsatan said:
    in the end tho, flipping them over is the only thing that really pisses me off...

14. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

its all about the 8traks , recognise .

but for real i hate how they get worn out and you gotta buy multiple copies .........i aint got that kinda $ ya heard .....

15. vinyl junkie

shh... i've been trying to ignore that fact... yer ruining it for me...