1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Difference Between Bush and Kerry

Discussion in 'News' started by rubbish heap, Oct 20, 2004.

1. rubbish heap

rubbish heap 12oz Senior Member

The Difference Between Bush and Kerry

Discussion started by rubbish heap - Oct 20, 2004

Bush and Kerry are sitting in a first grade classroom. The teacher asks, "Children, what is 2+2?"

Both answer 5.

The teacher says, "You are both wrong, 2+2 equals 4, not 5."

John Kerry changes his position on the question and his new answer is 4.

George Bush, on the other hand, continues to deny that the answer is 4 and holds by his conclusion that the answer is 5, citing his "evidence".

This is the difference between the two: John Kerry will change his opinion to fit the facts. George Bush will change the facts to fit his opinion.

Kerry in '04.

rubbish heap - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. NOT GUILTY

NOT GUILTY 12oz Member

NOT GUILTY - Replied Oct 21, 2004

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO ..................THERE BOTH IN THE SAME SATANIC CULT (SKULL & BONES SOCIETY).....&.THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME HIDDEN ADGENDAS ............YOU MIGHT THINK THAT DEMOCRATS & REPUBLICANS ARE FAR APART FROM EACH OTHER, BUT REALLY WE ARE LIVING UNDER A 1 PARTY GOVERNMENT.................FOR ARE VOICES TO BE HEARD THIS MUST COME TO AN END.......AND SOON!!!!!!!!

FOR MORE INFO ON THIS MATTER AND MANY MORE CHECK

WWW.INFOWARS.COM
    WWW.INFOWARZ.COM

NOT GUILTY - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. KaBar2

KaBar2 12oz Senior Member

KaBar2 - Replied Oct 21, 2004

NOT GUILTY is very much on track. There's not a nickle's worth of difference between them.

KaBar2 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Oct 21, 2004

god you people are fucking mindless.

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  5. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass 12oz Veteran Member

Cracked Ass - Replied Oct 21, 2004

I'm with seeking. I'm not thrilled to be voting for Kerry instead of a third party, but the American empire will go down the tubes a lot faster with the current asshole at the helm. The amount of damage he has done to this country in just four years is alarming, I bet he can more than double it in eight.
    I'm down for a return to the Clinton years. Sort of a do-nothing president, but at least he refrained from instigating a fresh army of America-haters and alienating all our allies and trashing the environment and further enabling rampaging corporations and etc. etc.

Cracked Ass - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Oct 21, 2004

people who don't think there is a difference don't understand stem cell research, abortion, trade, the deficit, the middle class, education, the arms race, foreign policy, the economy, the separation of church and state, defeating instead of recruiting terrorists, or the supreme court.

Bush in '04, because one 9/11 wasn't enough.

or how 'bout

Bush in '04, because Parkinson's patients deserve to suffer.

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  7. porque

porque 12oz Senior Member

porque - Replied Oct 21, 2004

...if bush wins again there is no telling what he'll do...he won't have another election to have worry about so he can just do whatever he wants and not have to answer to it...

porque - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

fatalist - Replied Oct 21, 2004

I've read a lot of things, where people have posted "Kerry is just another Bush" comments like that.

What I view is that, John may be trying to follow Bush with the War on Terror, and handling of Iraq. Mainly because that is a major focus for the public, and if John had different views on how to fight the war, chances are, he would lose support.

I do like his idea of reaching out for help, that's a strong, confident move. There's no doubt that we have to finish Iraq in one way or another.

What I'm getting at is, John may be similiar in his views of wars and action, to gather support, but not represent himself as Bush. I believe he is taking some of the key points that Bush is using on war, and taking his own ideas in with it. Except that Kerry, doesn't want to follow the mistakes that Bush did for Iraq.

The two are similiar on the war, but I believe that Kerry knows the main objective, and he wants to bring some new ideas to it. As where Bush's ideas aren't welcomed by some people. People who criticize Kerry for being a Bush-lite, should know that there needs to be an end to war, without cowardice.

I don't view Kerry's ideas and plans for the war as a copycat of Bush, although Kerry is talking about key points of the war, and with solutions of how to solve it. The country is torn on war, and everyone has their own idea of how it should be fought, some people want to pull out, some people want to stay.

If anyone is confused by now, I apologize. What I mean overall is, John may be agreeing with some of the key, important points of war, but as for ideas/opinions they vary. People would view Kerry as Bush because of his stance on war, but I believe Kerry knows there is job that needs to be done. Though these two candidates may share a point on the war, it does not mean that they are exactly alike. There are by little ideas and opinions, that seem to get lost, when there is a bigger issue, but those little ideas and opinions will set you apart from the other person. ^o^

fatalist - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

seeking - Replied Oct 21, 2004

bottom line is that we're already in a war. kerry needs a war strategy, period. he has no choice but to make the best of a shitty situation. bush with his fucking monkey rhetoric about how kerry is alienating the soldiers by saying this war was a mistake....no you fucking asshat, you're alienating their lives by continuing to send them to die for fucking nothing. kerry has to continue this war. he has no choice. if nader was elected, nader would need to finish this war. if fucking gandhi was elected, he would need a feasable plan for the war. kerry is left cleaning up bushes messes, so of course he is going to talk about how he will do it. if he spent all his time talking about how he wouldnt have done it in the first place, what kind of faith does that give us in his ability to handle what he has to? zero.
    seriously some of all yall are so fucking ignorant i dont know how you can eat ice cream without drowning.

people that keep giving this 'they're all the same' bullshit.... i honestly think they (very literally) have had their brains removed by fox and cnn, and had horse shit stuffed into it's place. how the hell can you not see the absolutely GLARING differences?

the easiest and most obvious issue to grasp i think is the abortion issue, because it's cut and dried.

bush: is anti abortion and has passed 11 laws/mandates etc that oppose it.

kerry: favors the right to chose and has always voted accordingly.

in the next 4 years, between 2-4 justices are likely to retire. roe vs. wade is hanging on by a 1 vote margin.

do the fucking math. if bush is elected again, a womens right to chose will be revoked. this isnt some wacky scare tactic, it's the truth. if you think that doesnt apply to you, or it doesnt matter, or that there is 'no difference' between having the right to chose, and not having the right to chose, then please get on your knees and choke yourself...no, not with your hand, with my hand numb nutts! fucking die already.

on top of that, just look at the god damn state of the world! 9/10th's of th worlds population DO NOT TRUST US. how the fuck can we be so god damn arrogant as to ignore that? if i walked into a room filled with 11 people, 9 of whom warn me, 'dont trust that guy - this is why', who the hell am i going to listen to? the one person who says 'no, um...he's right, sure the facts dont even come close to proving that, but trust me...er, well trust him, he's a great guy.'
    fuck that.

seeks/this rant was brought to you by buck65's 'hands on approach'

seeking - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  10. rubbish heap

rubbish heap 12oz Senior Member

rubbish heap - Replied Oct 21, 2004

if someone read into what i posted in the beginning of the thread as "this is the ONLY difference between the 2 canidates", that wasn't what i was trying to say at all. just making a point that that's two fundamental differences in political philosophy between the two canidates.. of course there's differences between the two. abortion, the war, etc.

in a way, kabar has a point too. both parties, while they have their differences in issues, have been in the past / still are corrupt for the most part. this is the motive behind alot of people registering 3rd party or independent.

rubbish heap - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

!@#$% - Replied Oct 21, 2004

power breeds corruption.

!@#$% - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  12. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Oct 21, 2004

I wrote this last week, it's a letter to the editor:

There is a fundamental difference between George Bush and John Kerry when it comes to their respective approaches to terrorism.

George Bush believes that terrorists need a state sponsor, that al Quaeda and other terrorist networks cannot survive without a supportive government. He believes in a “war on terror,” which means to that he believes in a war that pits freedom and democracy against fundamentalist Islamic totalitarianism. This is a flawed, outdated cold war mindset that is ill equipped for dealing with the transnational terrorist networks that threaten our stability today.

War is an armed conflict between two countries’ governments or one government and a group of people vying for control of that government. Our campaign to destroy al Quaeda fits neither of these descriptions. Al Quaeda has no army to crush, no factories to destroy, and can function independently of its leaders. Its operatives do not wish to control the United States, they wish to destroy it. Thus, our struggle with al Quaeda is more akin to a struggle between anarchy and order than to a clash of two armies.

John Kerry sees the current struggle against international terrorism as such a conflict between order and chaos. As a man who spent a large portion of his senate career shutting down international drug cartels and crime rings, John Kerry knows what it takes to break a shadowy international crime syndicate. John Kerry rightly believes that we should not make terrorism the main focus of our lives. In fact, the day we no longer have to worry about terrorism on a regular basis is the day that we will have won the “war on terrorism.” To quote FDR, the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. In effect, to triumph over terrorism we must return to September tenth, when terrorism was merely a nuisance.

We have heard a lot about the “September 10” mindset versus the “September 12” mindset. After September 11 we were told that the best thing to do was to stay calm and follow our daily routines. For a few precious days, the most heroic thing we could do was to continue as if nothing had changed. Then slowly everything became about that day in September. We gave up some of our precious freedoms so that the Justice Department could track down the people who “hate us for our freedoms.” We had to pass the President’s legislative agenda or “the terrorists had won.” French fries became freedom fries and we were given a color-coded system to tell us precisely how afraid we should be. The heroic normalcy of those days in September turned into something out of Orwell: a terrified populace looking to its leader for protection from an amorphous enemy intent on our destruction. By September 11, 2002 we were a country living in fear.

I want the country to go back to the reality of September tenth, when terrorism was something that happened in other places and I didn’t think twice before I stepped on an airplane. This is an entirely attainable goal, but first we need to do away with the man on the television telling us about the vague, nonspecific threats to our lives timed perfectly to kill any positive news about John Kerry. As a nation, we need to come to our senses.

We need to elect a commander in chief who will work to make terrorism recede in our minds by preventing it from happening. We need a president who will restore American honor in the world by restoring American humility in the White House. We need to elect John Kerry.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. hobo knife

hobo knife 12oz Junior Member

hobo knife - Replied Oct 21, 2004

there is some truth to this...perhaps the system is more powerful than any president can ever be...its possible that whether we elect a republican or democrat, the same choices will be made by the same people behind the scenes...could all this "campaigning and debating" just be theatre, an illusion of democracy which plays off of basic human instincts of fear and compassion...

could it be that the lay people are supposed to just sit and watch their t.v.'s and root for their teams and be mere bystanders while these ivy league elites match wits and try to win 4 years of immortality...so that they can be the poster boy for the ceo's and other corporate sultans...

...or...are these candidates simply from different groups of people with immense power and influence...do they answer to different ceo's...or are they in the back pocket of the same corporations (general electric)...

I tend to think Kerry has seen American nation building at its worst, he has seen first hand what we did to vietnam and how we tried to bring democracy to far reaching parts of the world and failed...I am voting against bush simply on the matter of foreign policy, and from what I've heard from Kerry he has morals and values human life enough to realize you dont spread democracy and peace with tanks and bombs.

honestly...whether there is a difference between the two or not I can't definitively say...but I'm willing to take my chance and give Kerry a shot. I really despise bush and I hope he chokes on another pretzel...and dies.

hobo knife - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  14. Haywood J.

Haywood J. 12oz Junior Member

Haywood J. - Replied Oct 21, 2004

Sink the ship then.

Haywood J. - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  15. ledzep

ledzep 12oz Junior Member

ledzep - Replied Oct 22, 2004

I think America has fucked itself.

ledzep - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages: