Sketching at work

2 blaazed

so i have started a new office job (first office job) and most of the time im not realy getting any calls and what not. So am just stuck sitting here bored out of my mind...i want to sketch...but im not realy sure how my boss will take that...so ask of my fellow 12ozers...do you sketch at work?? any funny storys bout it??any horror stories about it?? fill me in

discuss this....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

simple...... do like big kilo does....

Fold a small stack of papers in half. Use like 10.

Then you write work related notes like phone numbers

on the outside on and draw on the inside one.

Think of rolling a 100 dollar bill around a bunch of ones.

well..i work off commision...so if i dont work..i dont make money..plus my boss is a friend...we smoke blunts in the office together and he is letting me design the whole office...but i just dont think it would look right sitting there sketching...but then again it probably looks just as worse as what i am doing right now..

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Oct 26 2004, 08:30 PM

well..i work off commision...so if i dont work..i dont make money..plus my boss is a friend...we smoke blunts in the office together and he is letting me design the whole office...but i just dont think it would look right sitting there sketching...but then again it probably looks just as worse as what i am doing right now..

dude, your already getting high at work... i dont think theyll mind if you draw at work...i draw all day long and nobody gives a rats ass what goes on in my cubicle, as long as the work gets done...

ive sketched a few times at work, but im not fond of doing it.

to many important people walking around that could see.

and no, i dont really do much illegal shit so it doesnt really matter in that reguard, im talking about losing my job over that bullshit though.

I work in a school, so I am always doing outlines for the kids. We just had student government elections so all of the kids that were running came to me for posters and shit. I bring my illustration school work to my job all the time, I just sit there and draw or do outlines and shit. The kids love the fact that I write and some of them think I am full of shit when I show them flix of pieces that I have done.

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Oct 26 2004, 11:59 PM

^^ thats cool...are you a art teacher?

Nah not yet (if ever...haha)

I am a teacher’s assistant. But this year I am like the school cop. I walk around and make sure kids go to class and shit. It’s cool; the school is an alternative highschool/jr. high. Most of the kids are either learning disabled or have emotional issues. Then some of them just got kicked out of regular district schools because they were major slackers. I am seriously thinking of switching to special education cause after working here I doubt I would like a "regular" school.

I draw sometimes at work but I like to make it somewhat amusing....I'll be jotting down notes about work and just out of pure habbit just start rockin' a throwup or hella tags w/out even thinking about it. At that point I pretty much keep going until someone walks by my cubicle, then I just go back working...like I said, it makes it somewhat hilarious. In a sick and twisted way, it almost seems like I'm out on the streets bombing and some random person is just walking by. Damn, I need to get out more. :huh:

Archived