Mortal Kombat 5..

DETO

Press Release

SOURCE: Midway Games

Midway Announces Official Title for All-New Next-Generation Mortal Kombat Videogame

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance� Takes Martial Arts Fighting and the Mortal Kombat® Franchise to New Extremes

CHICAGO--(ENTERTAINMENT WIRE)--Jan. 28, 2002-- Midway Games Inc. (NYSE:MWY - news), a leading software industry publisher and developer announced today that the official title for the all-new, next-generation version of the popular fighting game franchise will be Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance�. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is currently in development and scheduled to ship fall 2002 for the Xbox� video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube�, Game Boy® Advance and other next-generation gaming systems.

Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance marks the relaunch of the Mortal Kombat series with an all-new engine delivering punishing action that will reward long-time fans of the franchise as well as next-generation game lovers. The game features intense hand-to-hand and special-weapon combat, secret hidden moves and combinations with deadly body blows and fatalities.

``Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is the next phase of the Mortal Kombat series that gamers have been waiting for,'' said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway. ``With all-new characters and worlds, never-before-seen features and a totally new fighting engine, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance will set a precedent for all other next-generation fighting games to follow.''

One of the best-selling franchises in videogame history -- with more than 19 million home games sold -- the Mortal Kombat series (first iteration was released in 1992) has generated more than $1.5 billion in revenue through games, movies, music, toys and other merchandise.

Midway Games Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment software. Midway videogames are available for play on all major videogame platforms including the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox� video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube� and Game Boy® Advance.

For more information about Midway Games and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance visit mortalkombatdeadlyalliance.com.

This press release contains forward looking statements concerning future business conditions and the outlook for Midway Games Inc. (the ``Company'') based on currently available information that involve risks and uncertainties. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward looking statements as a result of these risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the financial strength of the amusement games industry, dependence on new product introductions and the ability to maintain the scheduling of such introductions, technological changes, dependence on major platform manufacturers and other risks more fully described under ``Risk Factors'' in the Company's registration statement on Form S-3 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Dec. 11, 2001.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You should check out the demo video they have of Scorpion bein a ninja.....He like does all this crazy shit and then throws the spear then pulls you up close and scares the shit out of you with his lazy eye. You're fuckin freaked, I'M fuckin freaked. It's coming out on all systems...woo hooo!

yes, i agree

MK2 was by far the best MK game ever published and put out onto the market...the reason is very simple....MK2 had the best concept and stroyline...as soon as MK3 came out, there was all these new characters and 'struggling' to make the newest possible ideas...scrambling basically to make money by producing new, yet old (take my meaning?) ideas....they should have stopped with good old Genesis/MK2

Guest uncle-boy

if they were smart, they'd let capcom have the rights to Mortal Combat then there could be the most awsome cross over game ever......

Street Fighter vs. Mortal Combat

^^ HAHA those are great

MK2 was the best?!?! hell no, i hated that game!! the moves and characters were limited, and it seemed kinda slow to me

i remember the first time i saw mk3.....i was pretty young, at this arcade in the suburbs, and i see some white kids crowded around the game machine...i walk on over, and proceed to see Sektor open his chest and this huge machine comes out and crushes the guy......i was fuckin hooked since then...it was so much faster, with the run options....the levels were fuckin sick and urban, like subways and shit, but it never lost the whole mortal kombat feel cus it still had levels like the pit or temple...the characters were fuckin rad too...like those robotic ninjas and some new crazy mother fuckers like Kabal and Motaro.......mk3 was my favorite fuckin game in the world....i musta played that game on my sega genesis for hours and hours, and at the arcade, i would waste my tokens all the time........LONG LIVE MORTAL KOMBAT!!

Guest Canadiano

how come those screenshots label M. Bison as Vega? I thought Vega was the Spanish dude with a mask and rocks claws over his hands.

Guest Ted Wakowski

Holy shit this thread brings back memories. I used to skip school and go to the arcade and play SF2 all fucking day. Mortal Kombat was the shit as well. My boy worked in the arcade and we played for free forever.

These games are responsible for my diminishing intelligence.

Those were the days.

STREET FIGHTER II

Guest Ted Wakowski
Originally posted by Canadiano

how come those screenshots label M. Bison as Vega? I thought Vega was the Spanish dude with a mask and rocks claws over his hands.

The character you know as "M. Bison" was originally named "Vega" in the initial Japanese release of the game. That's because over in Japan the first name given to the boxing character you know as "Balrog" was actually "M. Bison" (after Mike Tyson) but, in fear of a potential lawsuit in the U.S version of the game, Capcom had a few names rearranged, which kept legalities cool. But the Japanese version was never altered, so occasionally you'll see old incarnations of the game with the original names still intact.

Yeah, I was a fucking Street-Fighter-II geek.

Archived