1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

i think i'll grow a beard...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by zorak, Aug 25, 2002.

1. zorak

zorak 12oz Member

i think i'll grow a beard...

Discussion started by zorak - Aug 25, 2002

the beard stays, you go!

zorak - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Intangible - Replied Aug 25, 2002

[​IMG]

Intangible - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  3. zorak

zorak 12oz Member

zorak - Replied Aug 25, 2002

can i get another free shirt?

zorak - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. Big Bruno

Big Bruno 12oz Senior Member

Big Bruno - Replied Aug 25, 2002

i wanne beard so bad but ive got too much goddamn cherokee in me.

Big Bruno - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. Obsolete

Obsolete 12oz Junior Member

Obsolete - Replied Aug 25, 2002

my dads had a beard since he was 17 , he only ever shaved it off once when he was trying to get into thailland ( this was wayy back in the day) and they didnt even speak to him they just pointed to a newspaper article on the wall about hippys , so he shaved it off and went on into thai land ....just one of the many beard related adventures of my dad

Obsolete - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  6. Santa Claus

Santa Claus 12oz Senior Member

Santa Claus - Replied Aug 25, 2002

mustache on or off?

off, please.

too bad.

Santa Claus - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. WALE!pd

WALE!pd 12oz Loyalist

WALE!pd - Replied Aug 25, 2002

i dont know im one of them guys who is always un shaven.. always got the scrufy week old beard thing going

WALE!pd - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  8. KaBar

KaBar 12oz Senior Member

KaBar - Replied Aug 25, 2002

I had a similar experience in Mexico in 1971, except I was too dense to figure out the solution. We crossed the border at Calexico, CA, and were trying to buy tickets on the Mexican trains to Guadalajara. The Mexican customs regulations state that every tourist who declares their intent to stay more than seven days, or travel more than 25 miles into Mexico has to have both a Tourist visa and at least $300. We had that, but after we bought our tickets we were down to less than $300 a piece.
    The Customs guy was a big, fat Mexican thug with a dirty uniform and a big Colt .45 automatic. He insisted that we could not enter the country without $300 apiece. (To anybody with any sophistication, it would have been painfully obvious that he wanted a "mordida" but I was too youing and stupid to catch on. In Texas if you offer a police officer money, you go to jail. The last thing I wanted was to be sitting in a Mexicali jail defending myself against a charge of attempted bribery of a customs officer.)
    After a few minutes of a sort of Spanglish conversation that sounded vaguely like the Three Stooges "Who's on First?" routine, I finally threw up my hands in frustration and said "This is crazy!"
    OOPS. What an error.
    The customs guy suddenly went nuts, leaped to his feet and drew his .45 and pointed it right at my head! He started screaming in Spanish "Loco? Loco? Are you calling me loco you fucking hippie?!! GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY!" I immediately raised my hands in a gesture of surrender and said "Hey, I didn't call you anything--take it easy." About that time two little Indio soldiers in Ejercito Mexicano uniform, about 17 years old, armed with bolt action Mauser rifles with bayonets fixed, ran up and pointed them at me. Now I had three crazy-ass Mexicans yelling at me in Spanish, all pointing firearms at me. The tourists and train travelers were scrambling every which way trying to get out of the line of fire. They had enough experience to know that if they shot me, the bullets would go through me and into the bystanders behind me.
    The Customs guy calmed down a little when the Army arrived to back him up. Smoothing his uniform over his ample bay window, he said in English, "You have one hour to get out of Mexico, cabron." The little Mayan behind me poked me in the back with his bayonet and ordered "Movale'. Autobuses." They marched me to the bus parking lane and up the steps onto a bus marked "La Frontera." Once I got on the bus, they lowered the rifles and bayonets, and one of them broke out a cigarette. "Adios, guerito (blondie)."

That was the last time I ever entered Mexico. A three-dollar mordida would have solved the whole problem. I was very grateful that I didn't get shot. An American with long hair and a beard, carrying an Army surplus backpack could easily be construed as a Communist infiltrator. (I was, in fact, an anarchist infiltrator.) The Customs guy hated beards, I think.

KaBar - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. Matthew13

Matthew13 12oz Member

Matthew13 - Replied Aug 25, 2002

Mexico's crazy like that. I was in Mexicali once (right by El Centro) and after a long night of drinking I was toungin' a fine senorita and about to be jumped by a couple of street thugs, and didn't even realize it...thank god for my friend danny. IT's the best and worst place at the same time.

matthewmemoriesthirteen.

Matthew13 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. SPLINTER

SPLINTER Guest

SPLINTER - Replied Aug 26, 2002

it helps to be mexican.

watch out now tho, some of these new customs officers dont take mordidas no more, they will throw your ass in jail.

11. bl4ckh4m

bl4ckh4m 12oz Member

bl4ckh4m - Replied Aug 26, 2002

HAHAHAHAHA

captain murphy....fucking love sealab

bl4ckh4m - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. socrates

socrates Guest

socrates - Replied Aug 26, 2002

I look like captain morgan with my mustache

13. Grandola

Grandola 12oz Senior Member

Grandola - Replied Aug 26, 2002

i went to boystown (can i get a what, what!) for the first time when i was sixteen and had a motherfucking good time in mexico. first brain i ever recieved... i remeber i almost got arrested there cause i started a fight with some older fucker who thought he was a big shot. i swung at him, then i see the green police men start running in my direction. i run as far as i can. i got lost and then i met up with my friends later...

mexico is fun.

Grandola - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. Swizel

Swizel Guest

Swizel - Replied Aug 26, 2002

it seem he has a littel captain in him.:p :p

15. Ronnie Dobbs

Ronnie Dobbs 12oz Senior Member

Ronnie Dobbs - Replied Aug 26, 2002

[​IMG]

Ronnie Dobbs - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: