1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how long will the USA last?

Discussion in 'News' started by willy.wonka, Apr 16, 2005.

1. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

how long will the USA last?

Discussion started by willy.wonka - Apr 16, 2005

i've just gotten into this talk..
    most major empires live for a time period of 500 years.
    i hear on how the US troops are fighting the war and coming back and breeding, then going back to war.. sounds like all those gay roman/greek movies i've been watching. history repeats.. kinda like bush's crusade..fighting the un-holy

so from what my younger brother tells me, there are five factors that all the great empires of our past fell. BUT that those empires fell by only 1 or 2 of those factors.
    economy
    war
    and some others we cant name at the moment

and that america has 4 of those five factors on her hands.

i just think thats interesting.
    the united states of america is at its peek right now. that or we are on our way to peaking and we have 4 of 5 of danger points

if and IF the united states were to fall, what would happen? how would it start and who would we turn to if the shit hits the fan?

i've always visioned getting a bunch of my friends to get start a tribe and grow marijuana.. building a fence around an area and keep people safe while the world riots. farmlands, homes, women and sex

i say the world cause you know if the USA falls, we're taking the rest of you with us.

hawaii will get some ninja samurai thing going on. since we're cool with japan, we'll own the oceans. soon the world will fear the ocean's wind. the philippines will have our back too

i dont know.. ima hit this stankay dankay

what are you gonna do? wanna allie with the ocean's wrath?

2. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

Neskoner - Replied Apr 16, 2005

[​IMG]

Neskoner - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  3. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Poop Man Bob - Replied Apr 16, 2005

Moving to Crossfire.

Poop Man Bob - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. GeradoRivera

GeradoRivera New Jack

GeradoRivera - Replied Apr 16, 2005

"i've always visioned getting a bunch of my friends to get start a tribe and grow marijuana.. building a fence around an area and keep people safe while the world riots. farmlands, homes, women and sex"

We already have those, there called "hippy communes."

GeradoRivera - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  5. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Apr 16, 2005

Argh matey...

If you seriously want to know, you should read "After the Empire" by Emmanuel Todd. This dude was one of the few in the world who predicted the fall of the soviet union, and he did it back in the 70s no less.
    I don't think the fall of the US is going to entail the fall of the world though... As we speak the major industrialized nations are looking for ways to lessen their connections to us.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. imported_Tesseract - Replied Apr 16, 2005

You're dead wrong on the peak...the US is decaying at the moment.

7. Theodore Huxtable

Theodore Huxtable Banned

Theodore Huxtable - Replied Apr 16, 2005

^Reality TV will cause the fall.

I knew Mark Burnett was a British spy. Same with Simon.

Theodore Huxtable - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  8. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Apr 16, 2005

We're fucked.

SF1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Apr 16, 2005

Wouldn't it be sick if the millitary leaders formed a coup and said "Fuck Bush" and withdrew out of the middle east and just brought everyone home. Not necesarilly a takeover of the government but just a "fuck you we aint fighting your bullshit war anymore". What would the government do? they couldn't do shit.

I know, I know... it'll never happen.

10. sect one

sect one 12oz Elite Member

sect one - Replied Apr 16, 2005

the united states WILL fall we are doomed economically, socially, and politically it's all a matter of time...like the other empires we have grown to be very arrogant

sect one - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. KaBar2

KaBar2 12oz Senior Member

KaBar2 - Replied Apr 16, 2005

SF1--

In a Constitutional republic, the military authority is subordinate to the elected civilian authority. The Joint Chiefs of Staff take their orders from the President. We teach this to our children when they are in grade school. A military coup is all but impossible, although I think a good case could be made that John F.Kennedy's assassination comes pretty close.

When I was in the Marines, President Reagan got shot by a nut job named John Hinckley (Hinckley's father was actually on the Republican National Committee.) I don't know if you are familiar with the scene (sometimes they show it on TV) but Hinckley opened fire with a cheap .22 RG revolver, just as Reagan was getting into his armored limosine. (Good thing it wasn't a .38 or Reagan would have been dead for sure.) One of the ricochets bounced off a door and hit Reagan in the chest. Jim Brady, his press secretary, was hit in the head. (Remember The Brady Bill? Maybe not.)

As soon as they announced it on the news, we ran into the squad bay and turned on a TV one kid had in his locker. It was clear that the people in Washington had no idea what the fuck they were doing, everybody was running around in confusion, rushing Reagan to the hospital (they just barely saved his ass) and issuing conflicting reports and stories. It scared the shit out of the Russians, they immediately called Washington D.C. and said "WE DIDN'T DO IT."

Anyway, one of the crazy things that happened was that the Secretary of State at that time, (retired) General Alexander Haig, Jr., went on TV and announced "Everything's all right, I'M IN CHARGE."

Well, clearly this is not true, and every school kid knows it. The order of succession goes, President, VICE-President, Speaker of the House, etc., etc.

There was this moment of stunned silence, and then a young Marine private standing in the back piped up and said, "Bullshit, he's in charge. He's not even in the chain of command. Sergeant KaBar, you better go tell the Gunny." They actually got kind of upset, like "What the fuck? Are they trying to take over the government or what?" and "Well, I'm not taking any orders from anybody except the Commandant of the Marine Corps! FUCK Alexander Haig!"

Anyway, I told them to knock it off, and then I actually did go to the Company office, and told the Gunny, and he looked at me like I was nuts and said "Go back to fucking work. Alexander Haig's opinion doesn't mean shit, I don't care if he is on TV."

Later on Haig said he was sorry, that he was just trying to reassure the American people in a moment of crisis. It sure freaked out the Russians, though. And 17-year old Marines were ready to go whip some ass, if necessary, to make sure that the Vice-President was #2 in the order of succession. Democratic ideals are instilled in kindergarten in the U.S. We vote on everything. ("Who wants milk? Raise your hand. Okay, who wants juice?")

A military coup is impossible. Well, pretty near impossible, anyway.

KaBar2 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. votone

votone New Jack

votone - Replied Apr 16, 2005

damn..u got knowledge

votone - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  13. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe 12oz Veteran Member

mackfatsoe - Replied Apr 16, 2005

The american empire seems to be coming to a close.

the 21st century will be age of the Chinese.

mackfatsoe - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Apr 16, 2005

Nah.... China is still developing. Europe first.
    I'm wondering if I should leave the country now while the money is still worth something so I can at least afford a plane ticket...

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Apr 17, 2005

It's all aboot Canada.