Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Good Underground Hip Hop

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ZENYTH.ASP, Apr 5, 2001.

1. ZENYTH.ASP

ZENYTH.ASP Senior Member

Ever since middle school I have listened to alot metal,punk rock and hardcore. I have always been into some hip hop, but I would like some recommendations on some good underground mc's,groups etc.

Gracias

2. Pizointer138

Pizointer138 Senior Member

acrobatik
    jedi mind tricks
    Mr.lif
    cage
    esotaric

somewhere inbetween undgerground and main. .
    afu-ra
    bumpy knuckels aka freddy fox
    diolated peoples

[This message has been edited by Pizointer138 (edited 04-05-2001).]

3. pervertedmunk

pervertedmunk Senior Member

esoteric sucks, fuck him, so does cage. actually fuck underground hiphop, the good stuff is really good, but that's about it, just a bunch of white boys with no skills tryin to be a part of something.the rest of your picks are on point though,(bumpy nuckles is a mediocre emcee he's not great but at least he isn't horrible)

my picks.. Organized Konfusion(pharoahe monche is sick dun)
    common sense. Lootpack. the Arsonists. Jeru the damaja. gotta hype my boy Sage francis, and the non prophets.

just forget about this genre separation of hiphop crap, being underground means not being good enough in most cases.

listen to what's good. nas, krs one, slick rick, wutang, biggie smalls was the illest on his 1st album, etc..

whatever's clever. i used to hate, but in the past couple years i realized that underground emcees don't have much to say, and they lack skills. phew, don't get me started on this rap shit, i'm the mad critic. i'll argue till your ears bleed.

[This message has been edited by pervertedmunk (edited 04-05-2001).]

4. SCOTCH WHISKEO

SCOTCH WHISKEO Dirty Dozen Crew

MF. DOOM...came to destroy rap/its an intricate plot of a B-boy, strapped.
    femstat cats get kidnapped/demolition statement to the press/ let the rest know who did that./Metal Fist terrorist/claim responsibility/ broken household-name usually said in hostility. Oh what?...it's MF you silly...

5. sugoione

sugoione Senior Member

check out grouch.. i love punk rock and i love the Grouch.

------------------
    283 pig bunisher
    sugoi desu ne
    das facha

6. brown twinkie

brown twinkie Veteran Member

WORD.
    this topic has been beaten to death.

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, but mf doom is dope.

8. fame

fame Junior Member

people under the stairs
    visionaries
    swollen members
    la symphony
    freestyle fellowship
    labklik
    goldenchild
    2mex
    writers block

9. Pizointer138

the arsonist have sick beats but their rapping is mediocre
    common is the man(i've owned every album). . but mainstream and not what mr zenyth asked for
    nas sucks and is a fucking sell out but he first album is good and the 2nd is pretty good aswell
    KrSone . my fav mc. . go get every album NOW!
    i'm a jeru fan but i wasn't feeling his newist. .

biggie sucked other then his first album. . .
    and even then he was ok. . his own words say
    "your nobody till somebody kills you"

ps.being white has zero to do with skillz. . .

PointEatsHipHopDoYou?

10. tEkRoCkS

tEkRoCkS Veteran Member

tribecalledquest krs1 mosdef blackstarr talibkwali pharoemonch blackeyedpeas hieroglyphics soulsofmischief companyflow....many others.....

11. pervertedmunk

pervertedmunk Senior Member

i'd say "above average"

i'm talking about the first 2 albums especially, which i hate to say aren't very mainstream
    first of all.. let me say"live at the barbecue" and "back to the grill again"..
    that there explains my mans crudentials.
    nas always comes through with lyrics, with meaning, "Nas is like" is his dopest song and off of his 3rd album. that album and nastradamus, i have to say aren't of the same calliber as the first 2 but they both have some very good songs on them, since then qb's finest, the new dj clue, wutang, nature, he's delivered dope verses on all of these albums, plus his new shit coning out, He was gonna call it stillmatic, then Death of escobar, so you know he's back on some illmatic raw type shit, he said he's gonna be doing alot of work with primo on this album, which means it's certified classic already. don't sleep, it's the cousin of death. nas is ill, and about selling out, psttt.. if i could be driving anything i want, drinking chrystal and moet, surrounded by bitches and smoking dank weed all day, in my armani, in my mansion. etc etc... cause i have the money to now, shit i'd make a few songs for the radio, hell why not, i got mad skill. i should be on the radio. i'd do it and i hope you'd do it too, if not you're a fool.
    agreed hands down
    going form havin Dj Premire doing you beats the man himself, to doing your own beats and your shit is gonna be lacking, he still has lyrics though, they're pretty good too, the beats were off, the packaging sucked, i can't stand ms. marvel, and what's up with no "can't stop the prophet"?

i've heard freestyles he had skills, i used to say the same thing, he had some sick flows and word play for a fat, jiggy,thug, mothafucker, that album was classic, and some of his second was too, also, his third, and the shit he did with jay-z, all dope. he was unbelieveable.

never said it did, it contributes to the corn ball factor though, i'd hate to go out and say this but Eminem is the best emcee out right now(at this moment in time, but not by anymeans .."ever"), i know his subject matter is repetative, but every emcee has their own shit, and can't do everything.but he does have that corniness to him, he looked shook at the source awards. Apathy from boston is ill to, way better than esoteric

3 times a day 7days a week.

[This message has been edited by pervertedmunk (edited 04-06-2001).]

12. feeltheagony

feeltheagony Junior Member

sage francis, co flow, arsonists, atmosphere, scram jones, mr. lif, diabolic, smut peddlers, black attack...thiz iz sum rizneal gangsta shit sonz!!!

------------------
    my mom says im cute

13. Pizointer138

14. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

cant we just start ONE hip hop thread?

15. MeroSeis

MeroSeis Banned

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/cnn/images/king.larry.jpg'>

[b]ONE-TWO, ONE-TWO...[/b]