ghostface coming back harder than ever

jakepaints

23544.jpg

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1499234/2...ce_killah.jhtml

Three Ghostface Albums Materializing In Stores This Year

Wu member plans solo LP plus collabos with MF Doom, Raekwon.

Ghostface's next album may as well be titled Ghostface Meets Metal Face, as he's teaming up with iron-mask-loving hip-hop veteran MF Doom.

Ghostface's next album may as well be titled Ghostface Meets Metal Face, as he's teaming up with iron-mask-loving hip-hop veteran MF Doom.

"I'm into old hip-hop, and the music that he makes is right up my alley," Ghostface said. "His

beats are real underground. He's got the sound RZA had back in the day."

The Wu-Tang rapper and the former KMD member have collaborated on six songs thus far, and while the project will probably be released on Doom's indie label, Nature Sounds, his manager claims Def Jam is also interested.

Meanwhile, Ghost is digging up tracks for his next solo album, tentatively titled Rapper's Delight, and Doom may have some tracks on that project as well. "I'm working my album around his beats and whatever I add from other producers," Ghost said. "I would love to do a whole thing with him. He's a cool guy."

And while some Wu fans might've been disappointed that Raekwon wasn't on last year's The Pretty Toney Album, Ghost promised the Chef would be featured on at least four or five songs on the new disc.

"Fans are always asking why you didn't do this or that, but they have to understand that people are working and busy themselves," Ghostface said.

Schedules aside, the two are also in the early stages of piecing together a second duet album, following up Only Built 4 Cuban Linx.

"We sort of Batman'd and Robin'd that first album," Ghost recalled. "I told him to send me some beats that he wants to use so I could catch some lines on it when I could. I'm really trying to focus on my thing, but I like to focus on two things at the same time."

A lot has changed since their 1995 album, Ghostface said — especially the state of hip-hop. Referring to 50 Cent and the Game's highly publicized saga earlier this month (see "50 Cent And The Game Call A Truce"), he declared, "The game is like wrestling right now. ... I don't see any originality in it no more. Everything is a gimmick. It's not based upon good music. It's just based on hype now. You have to shoot somebody in order to sell some records. I put out good albums, but my albums never really sold nothing."

He's hoping Jay-Z can reverse that trend, now that Jay's got a corner office at Def Jam (see "Jay-Z, Dame Dash Sell Roc-A-Fella Records; Jay Named Def Jam Prez").

"Jay knows I'm fresh, and [about] the work I've been putting in on the streets. It's great for somebody to understand me," Ghost said. "I'm glad that Hov is the president because I'd rather talk to him than anyone that's over 50 years old. I just wanna get my talent out to the world within these next two or three years. And maybe two albums after that I might call it a wrap.

"My goal was just to do 10 albums. But if God spares my life and gives me the frame of mind, then I'm gonna keep going until he tells me to stop," Ghost continued. "I'm going to go straight into film. I've been writing movies. I want to produce and direct if I could and just get my movie career up, 'cause I think I could get real busy on the acting tip. If they caught me in Hollywood, it's gonna be some sh--. I want to do a little real estate and help poor people. I want to be that dude on the TV like, 'For five cents a day you could feed this kid right here.' That's what I want to do. It's payback for what God gave me."

MF Doom's manager said he expects Ghostface and MF Doom's album to drop this fall. Ghost said his solo album and his reunion with Raekwon will likely drop later this year as well.

oh man. this is gonna be so sick. cuban linx is one of my favorite cds ever. and as much as i love ghost, hes been slacking in recent years, in comparison to the cuban linx/ironman days. pretty toney was good but nothing like ironman or even supreme clientele. but im hoping these cds will be just as sick as his older shit. mf doom is one of my favorites as well, mm...food is the best cd of 2004. plus i was very bummed there was no rae on pretty toney, so hopefully a new, good, rae album split with ghost will fix that. "all you dye is right here, so its like, blue and cream. but you gotta drip it like its marble cake"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Apr 1 2005, 07:44 PM

mf doom?  ehhhh, i guess.

Homo say what? Like a promo play the cut

On the late night, before you touch the mic, get your weight right

A lot of crews like to act like a violent mob

They really need to just shut the fuck up like Silent Bob

and...........

There is only one beer left

Rappers screaming all in our ears like we're deaf

Tempt me

Do a number on the label

Eat up all their MC's and drink 'em under the table like

It's on me

Put it on my tab kid

However you get there

Foot it, Cab it, Iron horse it

You leaving on your face forfeit

Guest mikro137

i have been jamming out to the mf ghost collabo already , and if its even half as good as the bootleg ass shit i have , its going to blow any album in the next 3 years out of the fucking water.

I can't wait to hear this.....it should be real fresh and new considering that hip-hop has been extremely stagnet for me at least....well, for at least the last 3 or 4 years....