Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Few questions....

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Overtime, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

I been wondering about a few things lately, and havent really thought as a single, they would make a thread, so i figure i will ask them all in the same.

1. Ipod nano

Has anybody gotten one? What do you think? I been thinking about getting one, but its the same size as the mini that i have, but its smaller and has a color screen, that I can hold pictures on, which is nice. The click wheel might be too small. thats the only down fall I see with it.

So, any feedback yet?

2. Gm employee pricing.

Where is the fucking catch, there has to be one! Supposedly, they sold more cars now than they have in the past 20 years or something in sales, or for this quarter or something. Is the financing making the car the exact same price basically? Do the employee's end up gettin even more of the price of a car?

3. The fairtax.

Is there a catch here too? If its such a fucking perfect idea, there has to be a reason it hasent been enacted. Where is the downfall?

4. the corpse bride?

is it worth it?

5. Shorties watchin shorties

This show is dope, when is it coming out on dvd?

and hey, people, you can use this to ask your stupid questions if it dont get closed....

2. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 Member

1. Never wanted an i pod ....... but now when i see the nano commericals i get a stiffy :love2:

3. It hasn't went up before congress yet, the bill( HR 25 ) is going to be on the floor soon though. The reason they waited so long to try to make it a law is to get the people behind it. So if the usual Beltway shit got it shut down, A LOT of people will be pissed. There is a fair tax thread in cross fire on it. Check it and the website out (fairtax.org)

4. The corpse bride makes my skin crawl, that happy creepy shit just annoys the hell out of me...... but my girlfriend wants to see it........

so, I will tell you what it is like.

3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

1. as far as the ipod nano goes apparently they've had alot of complaints about the screens breaking really easily. so if you're prepared to handle the thing with extreme care, i wouldn't.

2. noticed the fuel prices lately? they'll try anything to sell cars in the current climate.

3. huh?

4. it's fucking burton, of course it is

5. huh?

4. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

really/ i mean, i plan on wearing it around my kneck and be careful or get a case, i dont know, but that makes sense

yeah, the fuel prices, but they still have to make a certain amount.

3, nevermind

4. i figured as much

5. its a show on comedy central, they animate stand up comedy in this crazy funny animation,,,,its so fuckin funny, ill buy it and send it to you mr. abicus, when it comes out that is....

5. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

Gm & Ford have been slashing jobs as well as car prices. I have never really liked Fords or GM cars. I like some of their satelite companies. Volvo Lincon and Cadillac. Them new cadillacs give me a stiffy

6. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

1. cool

2. they're doing the same sort of thing here in australia. it's all just a marketing ploy

3. cool

4. rad

5. awesome! do it

7. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

fuck gm!

buy a scion and get free shit (including an ipod)

scionboost.com

i am getting mine this week (the ipod)

8. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

question about ipods..
    i know nothing about them that much

is the ipod shuffle the only one that you can listen to songs randomly?

is the only dif. between a regular ipod and a nano the size?

has any of yinz had good/bad experiences with buying ipods on ebay?

truely yours,
    pffftpod

9. WetPussy

WetPussy Junior Member

questions
    2)what the fuck antonio?
    53)how long is your johnson?
    0) who here can count better than me?
    73-5h6.ii) where do babies come from?

10. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

I checked out the Nanos today at the apple store... pretty dope, and even smaller than I realized... like, [/I]ridiculously small. It's funny, I looked at the regular ipods after that, and they seemed bulky and unwieldy. Two years ago, I was like, "I can't believe how fucking small these are!" and now they seem like a boombox or something. Anyway, the wheel is still easy enough to use, but honestly, the screen seems too small to really see a picture on. I'd say it's smaller than the screen on your average digital camera. Also, they scratch much more easily than the previous ipods, and I heard the same thing ABC was saying about them breaking. I would give 'em a minute and see if they make something a little tougher.

Employee pricing isn't a scam, it's just that they are selling a bunch of cars at less of a profit as opposed to not selling any at a huge profit.

The reason they haven't passed a fair tax is that rich people control the country (yes, they do) and people don't get/stay rich by being fair. Right now, things are unfair in their favor, and they don't want that to change.

I can't really speak on the corpse bride, but Tim Burton rarely disappoints... with the exception of Planet of the Apes, that is.

I haven't seen that other show.

11. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

wetpussy (like your name)

12. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

GM employee pricing. here is how the whole deal works.

They give you a lower sticker price. Awesome.

The banks will only let you go up to 20% of your monthly income for a car payment. If you have good credit the banks dont check how much money you make and the dealer will lie on the aplication to boost up the payment they make you.

The bank will generally only loan up to 125% of what the vehichle is worth.

This is important. Say you are buying a car that is 10,000. That means the bank will lend 12,500 as a max. Say you want to put down 2000 as a down payment. Great. You think this will lower your payment. Wrong. The bank can still loan out 12500 on the vehicle even though you have put 2000 towards it.

The goal is they try to hit that max number every time. The sales man honestly doesnt know what he is talking about for the most part. Everything is bullshit and lines that his boss is feeding him from the managers office.

The real magic happens when you go into the finance office. They get you an APR from what the bank is willing to offer. Then from there they can add points to it how ever high they think they can go on you. This way they make extra money in interest to cover the lower price they give you on the sticker. You leave thinkin you got a good deal and they go home with all your money regaurdless.

When i got my truck my payment went from 377 a month for 7 years to 277 a month for 4 years. They will try to retire on you every time.

13. WetPussy

WetPussy Junior Member

hey man, just cause my name is wetpussy, it doesnt give you any right to call me out on it, ok, mistakes happen, i was thinking of wetpussy when i signed up, is it my fault i have a penis? is it? can i get a witness? can i get an amen?
    i should probably list those questions:
    5) can i get a witness?
    81)can i get an amen?
    2-31.1)are my stupiderness funnerer?

14. WetPussy

WetPussy Junior Member

and there is too much math going on

15. WetPussy

WetPussy Junior Member