DRAFT!!!!!

MrSirius

Mandatory Draft?

EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!

Mandatory draft for males and females (ages 18-26)starting June 15, 2005, is something that everyone should know about. This literally effects everyone since we all have or know children that will have to go if this bill passes.

There is pending legislation in the house and senate (companion bills: S89 and HR 163) which will time the program's initiation so the draft can begin as early as spring, 2005, just after the 2004 presidential election. The administration is quietly trying to get these bills passed now, while the public's attention is on the elections, so our action on this is needed immediately. Details and links follow.

This plan, among other things, eliminates higher education as a shelter and includes women in the draft. Also, crossing into Canada has already been made very difficult.

Actions: Please send this on to all the parents and teachers you know, and all the aunts and uncles, grandparents, godparents. . .

And let your children know - - it's their future, and they can be a powerful voice for change!

This legislation is called HR 163 and can be found in detail at this website: Just enter in "HR 163" and click search and will bring up the bill for you to read. It is less than two pages long.

If this bill passes, it will include all men and ALL WOMEN from ages 18 - 26 in a draft for military action. In addition, college will no longer be an option for avoiding the draft and they will be signing an agreement with Canada which will no longer permit anyone attempting to dodge the draft to stay within it's borders. This bill also includes the extension of military service for all those that are currently active.

If you go to the select service web site and read their 2004 FYI Goals you will see that the reasoning for this is to increase the size of the military in case of terrorism. This is a critical piece of legislation, this will effect our undergraduates, our children and our grandchildren.

Please take the time to write your congressman and let them know how you feel about this legislation. http://www.house.gov <http://www.senate.gov <

Please also write to your representatives and ask them why they aren't telling their constituents about these bills and write to newspapers and other media outlets to ask them why they're not covering this important story.

$28 million has been added to the 2004 selective service system budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005. Selective service must report to Bush on March 31, 2005 that the system, which has lain dormant for decades, is ready for activation.

Please see www. sss. gov/perfplan_fy2004. html to view the Selective Service System annual performance plan, fiscal year 2004. The pentagon has quietly begun a public campaign to fill all 10,350 draft board positions and 11,070 appeals board slots nationwide. Though this is an unpopular election year topic, military experts and influential members of congress are suggesting that if Rumsfeld's prediction of a "long, hard slog" in Iraq and Afghanistan (and permanent state of war on terrorism) proves accurate, the U. S. may have no choice but to draft.

the Universal National service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons age

18-26) in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes."

These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services. Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era. College and Canada will not be options. In December, 2001, Canada and the U. S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada 's minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U. S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge , the declaration involves a 30 point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

What to do: Tell your friends, Contact your legislators and ask them to oppose these bills Just type "congress" into the aol search engine and input your zip code. A list of your reps will pop up with a way to email them directly. We can't just sit and pretend that by ignoring it, it will go away. We must voice our concerns and create the world we want to live in for our children and grandchildren.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well, that's what the kids get for only voting 56% for kerry.

very sad indeed.

shoulda betta known betta.

you know, it occured to me recently how hard bush is fucking the national guard.

who ever heard of the national guard fighting a war overseas?

and especially becuase bush USED the fucking GUARD to get OUT of vietnam

what a fuckwd.

someone should send him to iraq in an unarmored vehicle.

it still looks unlikely that a mandatory draft will return.

hahaha never for me!!

i stumbled across that shit last summer, and did a fair amount of research, You should be aware that the legislation was proposed by a democrat from south carolina i believe. The bill hasn't even been looked at since 2003, and its not likely to happen, There are no such things as dates of when it will happen, thats total bullshit, don't believe it. It was a bill proposed by one person, did i add Democrat, and has had no supporters. Yes, it scared the shit out of me for a few weeks, but after researching a lot on it and taking a second look, its nothing but a bunch of liberal bullshit, they play just as dirty as they say we do; and as long as there are gonna be crazy fucking radicals out there, we'll be seeing more shit like this. Educate yourself, and by that comment i'm not belittling anyone. I still voted for bush, and though he is probably lying about how he said it could never happen, i'm not expecting to see any real action on this issue. Now that there is a republican on this board, go ahead set yourselves loose on me, but don't believe that email or that article,

Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont think a draft could harm the states. Its only fair that when you decide to murder the whole world..rich spoiled kids would die along with the poorest/no other option soldiers. Of course innocent kids who didnt want anything to do with the war would die too..but thats democracy. Maybe you'd be more carefull on where you'd place your vote if your own ass was on the line you stoopid bloodhungry christian illiterate cowards.

this what i say....fuck it yup thats what i said ..fuck it..

cause if they say i have to go in they show up at my house u know what i tell them....fuck that shit i voted for kerry ..[boom]the slame of the front door in your face bush.....

Originally posted by stylus1@Nov 5 2004, 05:31 PM

i stumbled, did a fair amount of research, and I still voted for bush, i'm not expecting to see any real action. Now that there is a republican on this board, go ahead set yourselves loose on me,

There's really no need, I think you said it perfectly. I just cleaned it up for you a bit. There are a couple more republicans here.

Originally posted by Tesseract@Nov 5 2004, 05:59 PM

Its only fair that when you decide to murder the whole world..rich spoiled kids would die along with the poorest/no other option soldiers.

This is where you are wrong Tesseract. Rich spoiled kids don't go to war. Their dads buy them safe tickets out of harms way. Bush Sr. did it for W. Of course W. has all the National Guardsmen fighting in Iraq now. Nice of him to fuck there contingency plan. Oh well...there's still the Coast Guard and doctors notes.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I know man, i'm saying that if there was a 'regular' draft people may have been way more responsible with their votes...like you can have anything 'regular' with that fucker Bush...i feel ya.

Originally posted by SteveAustin+Nov 6 2004, 12:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveAustin - Nov 6 2004, 12:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Tesseract@Nov 5 2004, 05:59 PM

Its only fair that when you decide to murder the whole world..rich spoiled kids would die along with the poorest/no other option soldiers.

This is where you are wrong Tesseract. Rich spoiled kids don't go to war. Their dads buy them safe tickets out of harms way. Bush Sr. did it for W. Of course W. has all the National Guardsmen fighting in Iraq now. Nice of him to fuck there contingency plan. Oh well...there's still the Coast Guard and doctors notes.

[/b]

FUCK U BITCH....SO U SAYING MIDDELCLASS PEOPLE GOT TO GO 2 WAR FUCK THAT SHIT IT SHOULD BE THE RICH FUCKIN ASS EATERS....

I WOULD TAKE A SHIT ON YOUR CAR MAN WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH U BUSH IS GOING TO HAVE A DRAFT.........

Originally posted by booo@Nov 5 2004, 06:34 PM

FUCK U BITCH....SO U SAYING MIDDELCLASS PEOPLE GOT TO GO 2 WAR FUCK THAT SHIT IT SHOULD BE THE RICH FUCKIN ASS EATERS....

I WOULD TAKE A SHIT ON YOUR CAR MAN WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH U BUSH IS GOING TO HAVE A DRAFT.........

Its called reality Bitch. Are you new to politics and how it works with rich people? They buy there way out of shit...kinda like with cops and everything else.

If you can track me down and find my car you're more than welcome to try and shit on it.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by booo+Nov 5 2004, 07:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (booo - Nov 5 2004, 07:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SteveAustin@Nov 6 2004, 12:26 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Tesseract@Nov 5 2004, 05:59 PM

[/b]

I advice you to do 3 things:

1st: Learn how to read

2nd: Lose the caps lock

3rd: mind your manners

all three of them are bannable offences

Originally posted by stylus1@Nov 5 2004, 11:31 PM

You should be aware that the legislation was proposed by a democrat from south carolina i believe. The bill hasn't even been looked at since 2003, and has had no supporters.

I was heated when I first heard about that shit too...

What Mr. Sirius neglects to mention is that the Democrats supposedly started that piece of legislation and did so in hopes that it would get passed and in turn the draft will encourage young people to show greater opposition of the war...

Mind you the Republicans are in charge so there was no way it was getting brought up or passed right before the election...Colin Powell says a draft isn't neccessary but again this was all right before the election...

Bringing me to my next point EVEN IF the bill supposedly has no supporters and EVEN IF it hasn't been looked at since 2003 that's all the more reason for us to be active NOW while the bill is "supposedly inactive" I encourage you all to hit up your statesmen and let them you know you aren't down for that shit.

I mean look at all the shit Dubya has already pulled that we never thought was possible...you never know what might be up his sleeve next. Whether it's a bill that's supported or not it's STILL out there and I'd rather fight it now and find out later that Powell was being true to his word than find out later that *surprise* he was lying and end up getting drafted. I mean if I get drafted I'm going to jail because I will not fight but I'd rather go to jail knowing I at least tried to save my future.

And another important point: hello we're fucking Graffiti Writers/Artists start taking some initiative and wheat paste/stencil or just out and out paint:

Vote No HR163 / S89: No Draft!!!

People will take notice when they see a fat sign that says

VOTE NO DRAFT. They will realize the war is closer to home than they thought.

Considering our graf backgrounds we're in the perfect position to anonymously bring that shit to peoples attention.

We bitch because Bush won but how many of us pre-election took any initiative to educate people. I mean hello we have our own personal media system -graffiti get's peoples attention....I never see political graffiti and if I do it's not by a writer. We have an enormous resource at our fingertips literally and yet remain solely focused on "ups" or "fr8s".

and "Booo" sorry to burst that bubble but it's the middle to impoverished class of folks that will be drafted..

Daddy Dubya sure ain't sending his little DUI duo to fight the good fight

And I know I know attempted activism around here is like being a Bush voter...so lay the counter-productiveness on me

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by Nekro@Nov 5 2004, 07:02 PM

The protest draft bill was introduced by Chuck Hagel and some senator. Read it here: http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?...3:@@@L&summ2=m&

That bill wasn't about actually reinstating the draft, it was about making people think about the human cost of the war.

Yeah and the second point of the draft bill was in fact to point out the uneven number of poor and minority soldiers currently enlisted in the service.

It's true the bills were proposed with no intention of them getting passed. It was merely to call attention to the issue.

In fact the Republicans sought to prove a point a week ago before the elections you know and proposed a draft bill AND it was voted on and it got shot down something like 402 to 2.

That doesn't mean we won't have a draft though. That was likely some preelection propaganda. Just like Bush saying now he'll be middle of the road is some more propaganda to mask what he's actually going to do.

I believe Time magazine put out an article on the draft (It actually is garnering attention now) and it puts alot of the issues into light. I'm in the Army so I already know whats going on with the military.

The military is near breaking point. I'm almost assured there will be a draft. Even polls have said that people believe GW Bush would be more likely to install conscription once again.

Welcome to Armageddon.

personally, im all for the draft. fuck it. its too easy to support some bullshit when you know your only exposure to it can be ended with a flip of the on/off button.

i like that college is not an excuse too, and that women are just as eligable. knowing your daughter might be raped out on the battle field is even more troubling to most people i would think. sure, the uber rich will still be exempt, but the upper middle class wont, and theres a lot more of them.

plus, im too old and certifiably nutts, so im chilling.

Originally posted by villain@Nov 6 2004, 02:33 AM

In fact the Republicans sought to prove a point a week ago before the elections you know and proposed a draft bill AND it was voted on and it got shot down something like 402 to 2.

...finally...someone else who follows the news...this was voted on awhile ago...on the same day they voted on another fake bill to prove a point, but i can't remember what that one was...

...i'm kinda with seeks on this...it might be the only way to get the people of this country to realize that war is real...people are so disconnected from reality here it sickens me...i probably wouldn't get drafted, i'd fail the psychological exam so bad...there is no way that our government is going to give me a gun...

I too agree with seeking. A draft would make the war much more subjective and personal. I think it would also motivate the resistance much more as well. It is hard to say how effective it would be with our national institutions and establishments so complicit with this administration. At any rate it will further tax an already stressed security apparatus. Speculation aside I'm almost certain there will be a draft.

Also on another note it may be harder to get out of the draft than people think. I was institutionalized and in jail a few times BEFORE I joined the military. And there are plenty more like me. There are even convicted felons in the military on court orders. There are known homosexuals in the military.

They see what they want to see. They hear what they want to hear. They know what they want to know.

Originally posted by Tesseract+Nov 5 2004, 04:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tesseract - Nov 5 2004, 04:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by booo@Nov 5 2004, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by SteveAustin@Nov 6 2004, 12:26 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Tesseract@Nov 5 2004, 05:59 PM

I advice you to do 3 things:

1st: Learn how to read

2nd: Lose the caps lock

3rd: mind your manners

all three of them are bannable offences

[/b]

and he's from greece

i agree with seek but on the other hand, i don't wanna go fight for something that i don't believe it. i think most of those people who voted for bush wouldn't want to go either, these fucks really screwed my life in america :(

Archived