DRAFT!!!!!

MrSirius

i knew about the origins of the bill and the results when the house voted on it. (glad to see some others have too)

however, with over a thousand dead, thousands more maimed and wounded, and NO END IN SIGHT, it is time we might have to start to think about this.

there is A VERY REAL POSSIBILITY OF WAR either in another foreign, distant land, or possibly, although unlikely, the fight could be brought to america.

with the military now stretched to it's limit, and a "backdoor draft" already in place via the involuntary extension of active duty, people need to be more realistic about where we are going to get our soldiers from.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by booo+Nov 5 2004, 04:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (booo - Nov 5 2004, 04:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>this what i say....fuck it yup thats what i said ..fuck it..

cause if they say i have to go in they show up at my house u know what i tell them....fuck that shit i voted for kerry ..[boom]the slame of the front door in your face bush.....

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-ClueTwo@Nov 9 2004, 08:41 PM

I fight the man....

^^^

^^^^

I don't think that a re-instituted Draft is a very likely possibility. Draftees make lousy soldiers, generally. About the only thing they're really good for is infantry troops. Being a rifleman is something that can be taught in about six weeks.

The modern Army and Marine Corps require intelligent, well-educated, computer-savvy troops. These troops need extensive education in the weapons systems, tactics and equipment that exists in the modern Army.

They make controls on modern weapons systems resemble video games for the same reason that the M67 fragmentation grenade is the same size, shape and weight as a baseball. Because every summer, the U.S. trains hundreds of thousands of grenade-throwers on the baseball diamonds of the U.S. Ditto with tank gunners and video games.

The modern military is staffed by what amounts to professional mercenary soldiers. That suits the Joint Chiefs of Staff just fine.

and he's from greece

i agree with seek but on the other hand, i don't wanna go fight for something that i don't believe it. i think most of those people who voted for bush wouldn't want to go either, these fucks really screwed my life in america :(

Actualy, I think a lot of people that voted for bush would be happy to fight in the "war on terror"...or at least be proud to send their kids to fight...keep in mind these people have been brainwashed with fear tactics and blind patriotism.

Archived