Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Don't drink and drive, please read.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_dowmagik, Sep 29, 2004.

1. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

I've never taken drunk driving seriously, have drove drunk and have been with plenty of people who were driving tossed up. A few days ago I read in the newspaper that a good friend had been driving drunk and was in a car wreck. He was two blocks from his house and ran a stop sign while speeding. His passenger and the driver of the car he hit were released from the hospital with minor injuries, but my boy is currently up in ICU in a coma with severe brain injuries. This is a kid I've known damn near my whole life, had my first communion with and all. The doc said when he comes out of his coma he is going to have to completely relearn everything, how to walk and all. Life aint a joke kids, be safe. I hope someone will take this thread seriously and make some more safe decisions in the future.

2. getNice

getNice Banned

shitty deal dug Me and all my good old boys got pinched for booze cruises over time. I learned my lesson that the angels dont give a motherfuck about that business so I pulled the habit after I wrecked the old Lincoln and told a couple staties they were going to get holes in them after I went to court. ah well..good luck to ya man cause my two old boys got cut up last week after they hit a tree.

3. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

a drunk driver took one of graffiti's most talented.
    don't be the next asshole to do that shit.

4. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

damn dow. I hope your boys recovery goes better than the doctors have outlined it. the worst thing about losing those functions and having to relearn is the simple fact that he'll probably remember that he knew how to do all that shit already...making it really, really frustrating.

I know its a completely different situation...but when my cousin got shot...she had to relearn all that stuff. unfortunately she remembered exactly what her life was like before that happened.

and yeah...lastly...drunk drivings no joke. I've been in a couple accidents that involved alcohol. I got lucky that I..or anyone else didn't get hurt...but the last one changed my perception of it forever. serious shit.

5. getNice

getNice Banned

"REST IN PEACE NACEONE YA NAME LIVES ON YA STYLE ONLY GOT FRESHER"

6. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

most people don't realize this is serious
    til it hits close to home.

i'd rather spend $50 on a cab than go with
    someone who's under the influence.

7. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

yeah...unfortunately most everyone that drives drunk doesn't think they'll 1) get pulled over or 2) get in an accident...so that would be spending $50 on something they could just do for free. if your town has subways or Ls...ridem.

8. getNice

getNice Banned

yeah well it is a roll of the dice. I recall flying through the roads at 120 fuckin 15 deep smokin blunts and shit.. those old country day

9. rebsBK

rebsBK Member

hope your friend pulls thru...healing process will be tough :(

10. sarcasm

sarcasm Elite Member

you're a compete ass, who has no consideration
    for anybody else on the road. fuck you, and i
    do hope you get into a car wreck under
    the influence. bitch ass mother fucker.

edit: country or not, driving drunk/high is
    fucking stupid.

11. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

be careful, this thread could easily contract the usual 12oz ADD and turn into stories of how "fuckin smashed i was" type shit.

sorry bout your boy. that sucks bad.

12. dudebra1

dudebra1 Junior Member

i feel for ya man. i had a friend go through the same shit. he was in a coma for almost a month and when he finally came out of it he had to learn everything again. now his face is all fucked up and hes kinda slow. he still cant write either and its been about a year. i hope your boy recovers well, all you can really do is be there for him.

13. Drunk Sober

Drunk Sober Member

two of my homies jacked a car one night (more than one night!) and were drunk, got in a highspeed through neighborhoods. They slammed into a house. The driver died on the spot. My homie in the passenger seat had both his legs amputated that night. Then he died a few days later in the hospital. That flipped the whole hood upside down and shit was never the same there.

that is very unfortunate about your friend and I hope he pulls through it ok.

14. getNice

getNice Banned

eat a dick up kiddie.

15. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

thats why i dont drink, always there if someone needs a ride....getNice, you a dick, it aint a roll of the dice, its a shitty decision one way or the other....