Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

cold cathodes (pc nerds)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Feb 20, 2004.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ok, i dont know shit about electronic stuff. these cold cathode lights that new school game nerds are putting in their pc's... they're all 12v, correct? so you should be able to 'plug and play' a cold cathode designed for a pc, into a cars electrical system, right?

i eagerly await your answer so i can get my fast & furious on

seeks/no im not

2. Telo

Telo Elite Member

this is interesting... lets get the responses rolling. im interested to see what goes on here.

3. j

j Guest

interesting..

4. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

Yeah I'm pretty sure most of them are 12V so with a little splicing of wires they can work for your whip/ride/hooptie.

They also sell cold cathodes already made for cars, the cost is a bout $15 plus s&h. They run off 12V DC power but I mean it's easily spliced.

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

yeah, and they only come in gayed out colors and they have the 'fast and the furious' on the package. no thanks.
    id rather go to the little computer nerd store and get em for cheaper, or just get em online. i was finding sites last night, two 12" tubes and power thing for $15.
    the problem with this shit, is you start adding too many lights and all of a sudden your shit is all riced out looking dumb. i just want to add more light for the trunk.

oh, i want to spell out 'S.W.A.S.S.' in the back window too.

6. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

are we allowed to know what this stands for?

7. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

I would think that it will work. Many people may not know this, but a blue light is one of the most difficult wavelengths for your eye to distinguish contrast in..... which means, with blue lighting it makes it alot more difficult to tell what's going on inside the car from far away.

p.s. vanilla phillies

8. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

post a flick, im picturing like a hid light. lol im prolly way off.

9. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

10. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

11. Grandola

Grandola Senior Member

the cathode on the pnp or npn transistoer with a .7v drop across the emitter. nah... nah. who knows. not i. goodbye.

12. parcheesey

parcheesey New Jack

i guess i was some what close, right?

13. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

no, cold cathode is like neon, but shorter and a hell of alot cheaper. i dont know what its made of.

14. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

I always laugh when I see a computer with those in it. For how much people spend on making their case look fancy they could have a computer that was actually worth bragging about.

To answer your question though, they should plug into your car's 12V DC just fine. Some might even have the same type of connector if I remember correctly.

15. GLIK$

GLIK$ Dirty Dozen Crew

cathode light = $15
    Window kit = $30

$45.... craaazaaaay window computer wooo.

What kind of bragging computer are you getting for $45?