cold cathodes (pc nerds)

seeking

ok, i dont know shit about electronic stuff. these cold cathode lights that new school game nerds are putting in their pc's... they're all 12v, correct? so you should be able to 'plug and play' a cold cathode designed for a pc, into a cars electrical system, right?

i eagerly await your answer so i can get my fast & furious on

seeks/no im not

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah I'm pretty sure most of them are 12V so with a little splicing of wires they can work for your whip/ride/hooptie.

They also sell cold cathodes already made for cars, the cost is a bout $15 plus s&h. They run off 12V DC power but I mean it's easily spliced.

yeah, and they only come in gayed out colors and they have the 'fast and the furious' on the package. no thanks.

id rather go to the little computer nerd store and get em for cheaper, or just get em online. i was finding sites last night, two 12" tubes and power thing for $15.

the problem with this shit, is you start adding too many lights and all of a sudden your shit is all riced out looking dumb. i just want to add more light for the trunk.

oh, i want to spell out 'S.W.A.S.S.' in the back window too.

I would think that it will work. Many people may not know this, but a blue light is one of the most difficult wavelengths for your eye to distinguish contrast in..... which means, with blue lighting it makes it alot more difficult to tell what's going on inside the car from far away.

p.s. vanilla phillies

I always laugh when I see a computer with those in it. For how much people spend on making their case look fancy they could have a computer that was actually worth bragging about.

To answer your question though, they should plug into your car's 12V DC just fine. Some might even have the same type of connector if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by GnomeToys

You're getting an extra processor if you drop the overly expensive aluminum case and fancy shit and buy a dual MB instead.

umm... alot of the people that go through the trouble to put windows and cathode tubes in their cases actually have water blocks in there too which means over clocking braggability.... so I'd say you're a little more than partially wrong.

It's like the kids that put stickers and coffee cans on their civics, sure they're around but they're weak clones.

Most of them actually run on less than 12V so you will get a small inverter to change the Voltage. Very simple to hook up and also very low draw. I was considering using those as my breaklights, but then decided that 3 14" LED strips would do the trick much better. The cold cathodes also burn out eventually which sucks in comparison to LEDs..