1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Changing Your Name....

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by dr. frink one, Oct 10, 2001.

1. dr. frink one

dr. frink one 12oz Elite Member

Changing Your Name....

Discussion started by dr. frink one - Oct 10, 2001

Just wondering, i remember when I had to change my name a while back because of some shitty circumstances, but I really really didn't want to, and my original name is me....not the newer one...
    just wondering how many have changed names,
    how long into it,
    and how many times.

I'm bored as fuck so entertain me

dr. frink one - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. ogrBDC

ogrBDC 12oz Junior Member

ogrBDC - Replied Oct 10, 2001

i changed my name once.
    sometimes i want to change it either back or to something new but i feel like its too late, im too invested in my current one...

ogrBDC - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  3. SOZER

SOZER 12oz Member

SOZER - Replied Oct 11, 2001

professor frink professor frink he makes ya laugh he makes ya think....

changed it um...2 times, the 1st was because i hated the name i started writing and didnt feel like i wanted to do much with it. and the second time was because A)got bagged, and although they didnt ask names, didnt want to have it around anymore to fuck me over B)rumors were going around that someone in TATS was writing it or something, i dont know and didnt care much to find out.

i like my new name though, stick with that for awhile.

frink, assuming that your sXe...do you live on LI? (not asking too much so dont give me cop bullshit) i just thought i was the only non-thug type writer on this mike-forsaken island.

nsk

SOZER - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  4. dr. frink one

dr. frink one - Replied Oct 11, 2001

sorry sozer....wish i could help you. While i am a "hardcore kid" who cares for neither baggy pants, nor baseball caps....i live in san francisco. Back on topic though...
    My situation had to do with the police, some asshole kids....and a whole lot of bullshit. Regardless, it was the name I had from the FIRST day I picked up a pencil and got a book...the first fugly piece i did.....and when I changed it I realized how many memories and time I had invested it in... i REFUSED to change it....but eventually did. Does anyone else, maybe if you haven't changed you name understand how hard it would be to change it at the drop of a hat (not a baseball one)?
    just thoughts over some pizza...

5. cmeup

cmeup 12oz Veteran Member

cmeup - Replied Oct 11, 2001

its all about your name, dont care what anyone says.

to me, your name is eevrything. im not sure in all cases it describes you, but it has to hold meaning or have an idea along with it. mine doest really relate to me i guess, but its got a great concept. dope fucking letters, and just everything fits into place. it took me years to get a dope name. i've been through tons of names, and it sucks. but its all worth it when you ifnd that perfect name.

IBTEASEROKALOT<~
    :idea:

cmeup - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. Remy Martin

Remy Martin Guest

Remy Martin - Replied Oct 11, 2001

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    if it means that much to you..you could just go ahead and keep writing it..and if anyone gots problems..fuckem..
    "remember me, benny blanco from the bronx"

7. dr. frink one

thanks for your bit, but i think you misunderstood WHY i had to, which we won't discuss, but it didn't have to do with just anyone having problems...
    enough said

8. avils

avils 12oz Senior Member

avils - Replied Oct 11, 2001

Yo man.. just change it. It seems to be your only option and think how much fun it is (well it was for me at least) when you start putting up a different name and no one is sure who this new dude is etc etc.. it's almost like starting over again man.. kind of fun if you ask me..

out.

avils - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. dr. frink one

i already did a while ago...people are thick....
    i was just talking about how people are really attcahed to names

10. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Intangible - Replied Oct 11, 2001

Name changed once, after I found out I was not the only ****, I was kinda sad to find that out..I cried alot after that...Im over it, and a little bit older, and doing just fine.

Intangible - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  11. avils

avils 12oz Senior Member

As in I'm thick for not knowing exactly what you were crapping on about ?? fuck off.

12. dr. frink one

it wasn't directed at you, its just i was getting frustrated becuase i couldn't outright explain it. I already changed it, this was a WHILE back, and i was just talking about it to ask if people have had similar experiences. Don't take it personally

13. avils

avils 12oz Senior Member

aight.. cool. :)

14. EyEdEa

EyEdEa 12oz Junior Member

EyEdEa - Replied Oct 11, 2001

haven't had to change my name yet and hope i don't have too. a buddy of mine got arrested and came up with a new one just for bombing. if i do have to change my name i got a list going so...

EyEdEa - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  15. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

wakassOATH - Replied Oct 11, 2001

when i first started writing i had a new name every half hour , then i decided on one withit was COLD but someone already had it and i hated the letters
    so i switched once more i like my name now (oath) i like the letters and its sounds fresh, my biggest fear is that some new cat will use the same name as me and be ignoriant and not change or use a number thats one of the reasons i like my name so much is becaus i have never heard or seen anyone with it
    piece