1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Car Help!!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Dirty_habiT, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Dirty Dozen Crew

Car Help!!

Discussion started by Dirty_habiT - Mar 4, 2005

I know there's some of you on here who are gear heads... well my girlfriend's car had an exhaust leak which was robbing precious HP from her 6cyl 2001 Mustang. I got that fixed. And the car drives better, the thing is it still has a hesitation and a small shudder if you step on the gas. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it fuel injectors being clogged, the fuel filter? I replaced the air filter as well so I don't think that's it. Any help is appreciated... also bear in mind that I don't consider "Ford sucks" as a helpful reply.

If you have any car problems and need help from those on this forum I encourage you to post here. Thank you.

--Dhabz

Dirty_habiT - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  2. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Mar 4, 2005

I'm not sure, but it could be the TPS or the MAP. Shit, I wish I could help more, but I'm drawing a blank. Maybe some food will help. This is a common occurence, and I hope you won't have to spend big bucks. What have you checked so far? O2 sensor? Fuel pressure? If a sensor is amiss, the computer will be getting the wrong information, and there is your problem.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  3. Zack Morris

Zack Morris 12oz Veteran Member

Zack Morris - Replied Mar 4, 2005

^^^hence the problems with these newer cars. Everything is computer controled and as soon as one of these little sensors or computer chips goes wrong a whole slew of other problems will arize. I am sure that from the car getting the wrong info and not operating in the manner it was manufactured to operate does also cause some harm.

if I were you I would try running some fuel injector cleaner through it and if hta does work manually clean them yourself...i am just saying this because you mentioned the fuel system. There are alot of different things that can cause it to do this.

Zack Morris - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

Kr430n5_666 - Replied Mar 4, 2005

If you want Luis' autobiography... just ask... Luis

Kr430n5_666 - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  5. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT - Replied Mar 4, 2005

Weapon... please explain what a TPS and MAP are because as I do know a little bit about cars, I don't know enough to go into acronyms and such. I have recently used fuel injector cleaner in the car and I always put 93 octane in it as well. Anyhow, any other tips are helpful, I'll see about getting the computer checked for problems. Thanks.

6. <KEY3>

<KEY3> 12oz Veteran Member

<KEY3> - Replied Mar 4, 2005

What kind of a rate can I get with a DHabz mortgage?

<KEY3> - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  7. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT - Replied Mar 5, 2005

We offer the finest in low rates... plus we even repo cars for YOU, the customer, that weren't previously yours.

8. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Mar 5, 2005

I know what's wrong.
    Your mechanic fixed one thing and broke another... haha...
    no I'm not sure.
    Hard to say. Hesitation and shudder... hmm... could be any one of those things mentioned. Maybe you could describe the problem in more detail? Fuel pump? I dunno... transmission problem? Piston out? Timing? I have absolutely no clue.
    Wow. This is tough.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. GEEB

GEEB 12oz Senior Member

GEEB - Replied Mar 5, 2005

No offense but i dont trust mechanics, one time i had to get an oil filter removed and replaced and the ass hole ended up taking a screw driver and poked holes in the anti-freeze tank, fucking grease monkey..

GEEB - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser 12oz Junior Member

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser - Replied Mar 5, 2005

What kind of mileage does it have?

It might just need a tune up. New plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter and distributer cap.

Check the plugs for oil.

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  11. The Leader

The Leader 12oz Senior Member

The Leader - Replied Mar 5, 2005

Automatic or manual?

If it's automatic and it hesitates to get into gear, it's a transmission problem. Hesitating and hesitating to get into gear is a completely different thing though.

It's really hard to diagnose shit like this, especially on new cars, unless it's sitting in front of you.

The Leader - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

fermentor666 - Replied Mar 5, 2005

Here's my problem, I have a Mazda Protege, fairly new, and when I stop at redlights the car begins to smell like rotten egg/sulfer. The guys at the service place don't know what's going on, my ex-roommate said it was a busted catilac converter or whatever that is. I know nothing about cars but I don't like the smell of rotten Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwiches.

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

yup, its the catalytic converter.

how old is the car? if its new enough, go talk to the dealer about it. they've had to replace parts in the past because of this.

14. fermentor666

fermentor666 12oz Veteran Member

fermentor666 - Replied Mar 5, 2005

It's still under warrenty, but I've said that to them and they said "no we don't see a problem". So how am I going to convince them to fix this shit?

fermentor666 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

sounds like it might take some phone calls or letters to get something done about it. if you bitch loud enough they'll fix it to make you go away.

I'll try and see if I can find some info that'll help.