blurring numbers ?

ghostvandal

For those who take digital pictures of their work and print them to put them in an album.. do you blur the numbers before printing them?You are loosing the possibility to keep tracking the numbers of the car, but at the same time you are getting yourself out of trouble in case the cops come in and find your albums.

I also thought about blurring the numbers on the pictures but keeping the numbers info on a list somewhere. but then again you forget what car it was and what it looked like. why do you guys think or do?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by hobo knife@Jan 6 2005, 05:49 PM

eh, I personally don't like the look of blurred numbers, so I wouldn't want an album full of flicks with blurred numbers...It's a good idea for the internet though.

If you're gettin raided or whatever, thats probably the least of your concerns...

just my 2 cents

im with this guy.

Originally posted by ghostvandal@Jan 6 2005, 11:25 AM

For those who take digital pictures of their work and print them to put them in an album.. do you blur the numbers before printing them?You are loosing the possibility to keep tracking the numbers of the car, but at the same time you are getting yourself out of trouble in case the cops come in and find your albums.

they couldnt charge you with anything more than they could your average railfan.

an average railfan doesnt have 500 pieces of the same guy with bombing by that guy and wall pieces, sketch etc etc..

i am just wondering if the blurred numbers would help not getting charged with those mischief.. if they cant retrace em can they still prove them..? anybody had previous experience of being raided and could pm me if they dont want to say it out loud?

...i don't edit numbers except when i post them...

...one thing to is to make sure your flicks are mixed in with flicks of other people's pieces...they obviously can't charge you with every piece that you have a picture of...my albums are all mixed up of my work, my friends work and random catches all together with railfan shots...other advice that you probably already know...stay out of the shots...avoid night flicks...keep bags out of the way...

...and i would think that unless you have a bunch of flicks of cleans from your area they're not going to worry as much about the train action...especially if they've already got you for a large street charge...if you get caught painting freights it might be different though...so don't get caught...

hehe thanks porque..best answer i got so far..i decided to print them.. i only got about 20 off 150 that you can see the numbers on em. the mixing photos are something i hadnt think about..i usually have my benching albums and then my personnal flicks albums that i keep out of my house. but i guess i wont be able to do that forever.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Hermdog@Jan 6 2005, 02:53 PM

Not me...the blurring distracts the eyes from the goods.

As far as books go, if you take close shots of a piece then you wouldn't have to worry about the numbers...but that depends on the situation.

same with me, if the number is there near the piece and its in the shot, i dont care, i dont mpost my own stuff either, so i have no problems with numbers, but i do write all my numbers down and shit so that i can find out where my shit is,,,,but i dont usually worry bout it...

Originally posted by BROKENTRAIN@Jan 12 2005, 03:09 PM

SAFE-D-POSIT-BOX...So if you have video of 911, Would that make you a terrorist. Hardley. Just stick to your guns and hire a damn fine lawyer

dude, you must be way richer than me. hit your parents up for some money and then give it to me so i can afford a safebox and the public pretender.

• 2 weeks later...

tracking, lol. thats corney. "wow my piece is in dumfries VA".

If you had only like 10 trains rolling around cause your a toy who dont paint but loves the train trend and you need to track, Then it might be cool cause you know you aint getting spotted for them works for atleast a year or 2 as it circulates. But once you hit that 1000+ .. 12oz.search works much better... So blurring the numbers, is only good for stop toys from tracing the fools they sweat. My bad if I sound harsh.

^^I agree (not that I have a whole lot of trains running)

but tracing was cool back when I first discovered it...like 10 years ago, but with increased security i havent traced a car since 97 or 98. im too paranoid. and besides i just like to see where they wind up....put some mystery in ya life.

do people really go through the trouble of tracing to trace someone elses trains....wow, I am getting old.

i think its a good idea to blur numbers when posting online though. you know the man is watching. better safe than sorry.

I agree that if you get raided the car numbers in flicks are the least of your worries.

They would have to want you bad to involve all of the personnel in this scenario: they find a flick with car number. They call the car owner. (Say UP) "Do you want to press charges." This number train was defaced. (You say it's photoshopped, you invent fake train graffiti. Prove it's real.) OK, where is that number train? (Trace performed by cops or UP.) Dumfries, VA. Do we have an actual person in Dumfries, VA who will go find and flick this train? It's not on UP territory, can we call CSX? Or is it the NS yard? Can we call the Dumfries PD and get them to take a photo of a boxcar somewhere in the yard off Bumhole St.? Will that officer testify in court in Buttsfield, CA (where the case is pending) that that was indeed the train graffiti he saw and photographed in Dumfries? Should we wait till the car is unloaded and returned to a UP yard to verify this? (Damn, it got buffed, did the buffers document this before buffing? Etc.)

How, exactly, does law enforcement benefit from having a car number? That's the real question. But we probably won't ever find out the precise protocol, so better safe than sorry. Blurring is good for online flick posts.

I used to trace a lot before 9/11. Early on I got a kick out of the more distant results (Halifax, Anchorage AK by barge, Oaxaca and other Mexican spots almost in Guatemala, Coatzacoalcos to Mobile, AL by barge, Kamloops, Miami, etc.). Later on I had 49 states, most of the Canadian provinces, and most of the Mexican states laced up, so it did lose some of its novelty.

I can't believe anyone would trace someone else's cars, that's some psycho jocking. Unless it was a famous car they wanted to rag, but that's some psycho beefing.