Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

BLINK 182.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by CoreyHaimIsMyRoleModel, Dec 18, 2001.

1. CoreyHaimIsMyRoleModel

CoreyHaimIsMyRoleModel New Jack

I fuckin love em. what do you all think about blink182? and what does atticus mean?
    i

2. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

i wont admit that i like them, and i wont admit that i have a shitload of their mp3s and videos...i wont admit anything...

3. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

aggressive skating

4. CoreyHaimIsMyRoleModel

haha yeah!!!!!!!!

http://www.blink182.com <-----------

5. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Dude, they are about as cool as Sum41. MTV punk is gay. Go to your local clubs and experience the real shit.

6. CoreyHaimIsMyRoleModel

hahaha. yeah! local punk wow.haha.... blink182 is rad. im gonna rack an atticus shirt tomorrow. haha

7. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

blink 182 and sum 41 are the "punk" versions of nsync/backstreet boys i cant tell the difference when i hear them or the other 6 or 7 other bands that sound exactly like them... i guess they do what pays the bills and pussy babyface rock seems to be in right now

8. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

even though i don't think they're all that good i also don't mind them.it's weird with blink 182 because i can actully say i remember when they were nobody...they couldn't get any shows...they worked there way up through the scene...and well hey i remember seeing there drummer play in the aquabats.he also has a dag nasty tatoo!("can i say" across his upper chest). they've done splits with other bands..etc etc. i thought it was really weird when they started getting bigger and bigger i remember seeing them play shitty shows with 15 people in the room with no one paying attention to them.and now that they're huge people talk shit on them for being trendy or sellouts...it was the same thing with green day a few years ago...but now "they're cool to like again because they arn't as popular as they were"...same goes with nirvana.i mean shit just because a band gets ridicuosly big doesn't mean they don't deserve it...sometimes it's just plain silly how they got so big though.

so to say they're like n sync or the backstreet boys is way off...they actully worked there way up and weren't just put together by some major label to make a new fad and make a huge profit.

look at the sex pistols...the "original punk rock band" ...they were created for making profits and yet no one "sell outs"...i mean they were basically the backstrret boys of the 70's,and well they even sucked like them too.

not trying to sound like a jackass...just stating my opinion.

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

my nsync/ backstreetboy comparison wasnt mean in the way that they are put together by some coporation, i just meant that i cant tell the difference between blink182, sum 41, and all the other new band songs because they have very similar style just like nsync/backstreetboys/otown or whatever sound the same
    no one dares to be musically different today cause it doesnt sell

10. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

blink 182 and sum 41's songs are for girlies and aggressive skaters

11. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

12. LeopoldBloom

LeopoldBloom New Jack

OK, here's the deal with Blink. It all comes down to mainstream america jumping on the punk rock jock about 10 years after everyone in the "underground" has been trucking along all happy-like.

I can remember the first time I ever heard Blink: some snowboarding video in (seriously) '93. "M&Ms" was the track and I fucking ordered Cheshire Cat that same day. I, in no way, support the corporatization of punk rock but you have to recognize the fact that these fuckers have paid their dues. There's a whole list of bands that were full-fledged punk rockers that suddenly got a major label deal and blew up...

Green Day
    Blink-182
    Weezer
    The Offspring
    Nirvana
    Jimmy Eat World
    The fucking WHO for christssake.

and on a smaller scale:

Dinosaur Jr.
    Sunny Day Real Estate
    Bad Religion
    Earth Crisis
    Strife
    The Aquabats
    Less Than Jake...

A lot more that I don't feel like typing.

The list goes on and on and always will as long as there's a demographic to exploit. And I own every Blink album because that's my thing. I'm 26 and skateboard and write and all that other alternative shit that makes me a TARGET MARKET. you're one too...

As for Blink, they're big money now and that's cool for them. Sure, it pisses me off a bit to let the rest of the world in on the music that I've enjoyed for a long time, but fuck it, there's bigger things to worry about...

Preach on. Fuck.

13. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

blink 182 is dope. only aggressive skaters hate on them, and they only do it cause they know they're fucking butt pirates and so they want to feel masculine by dissing a perfectly good band.

'stay together for the kids' is my fucking jam.

i wont front, i wasnt down back in 92, but i dont even give a shit. i make no excuses for the music i like and that which i dont. but to dis them just because they're popular is wack as shit. 'punk rock' is such a fucking joke. once you've been homeless and wearing the same pair of bondage pants for 5 years, then you can talk to me about punk. until then, shut the fuck up and wait for mommy to come home from work in her bmw SUV and cook your stupid ass Mr. Gordons fish sticks...

14. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

Yum!

15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

they are not good.

my opinion.

smell my arms.

its nice.