BLINK 182.

CoreyHaimIsMyRoleModel

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Obsessed

blink 182 and sum 41 are the "punk" versions of nsync/backstreet boys i cant tell the difference when i hear them or the other 6 or 7 other bands that sound exactly like them... i guess they do what pays the bills and pussy babyface rock seems to be in right now

Guest blood as ink
Dude, they are about as cool as Sum41. MTV punk is gay. Go to your local clubs and experience the real shit.

even though i don't think they're all that good i also don't mind them.it's weird with blink 182 because i can actully say i remember when they were nobody...they couldn't get any shows...they worked there way up through the scene...and well hey i remember seeing there drummer play in the aquabats.he also has a dag nasty tatoo!("can i say" across his upper chest). they've done splits with other bands..etc etc. i thought it was really weird when they started getting bigger and bigger i remember seeing them play shitty shows with 15 people in the room with no one paying attention to them.and now that they're huge people talk shit on them for being trendy or sellouts...it was the same thing with green day a few years ago...but now "they're cool to like again because they arn't as popular as they were"...same goes with nirvana.i mean shit just because a band gets ridicuosly big doesn't mean they don't deserve it...sometimes it's just plain silly how they got so big though.

so to say they're like n sync or the backstreet boys is way off...they actully worked there way up and weren't just put together by some major label to make a new fad and make a huge profit.

look at the sex pistols...the "original punk rock band" ...they were created for making profits and yet no one "sell outs"...i mean they were basically the backstrret boys of the 70's,and well they even sucked like them too.

not trying to sound like a jackass...just stating my opinion.

Guest Obsessed

my nsync/ backstreetboy comparison wasnt mean in the way that they are put together by some coporation, i just meant that i cant tell the difference between blink182, sum 41, and all the other new band songs because they have very similar style just like nsync/backstreetboys/otown or whatever sound the same

no one dares to be musically different today cause it doesnt sell

OK, here's the deal with Blink. It all comes down to mainstream america jumping on the punk rock jock about 10 years after everyone in the "underground" has been trucking along all happy-like.

I can remember the first time I ever heard Blink: some snowboarding video in (seriously) '93. "M&Ms" was the track and I fucking ordered Cheshire Cat that same day. I, in no way, support the corporatization of punk rock but you have to recognize the fact that these fuckers have paid their dues. There's a whole list of bands that were full-fledged punk rockers that suddenly got a major label deal and blew up...

Green Day

Blink-182

Weezer

The Offspring

Nirvana

Jimmy Eat World

The fucking WHO for christssake.

and on a smaller scale:

Dinosaur Jr.

Sunny Day Real Estate

Bad Religion

Earth Crisis

Strife

The Aquabats

Less Than Jake...

A lot more that I don't feel like typing.

The list goes on and on and always will as long as there's a demographic to exploit. And I own every Blink album because that's my thing. I'm 26 and skateboard and write and all that other alternative shit that makes me a TARGET MARKET. you're one too...

As for Blink, they're big money now and that's cool for them. Sure, it pisses me off a bit to let the rest of the world in on the music that I've enjoyed for a long time, but fuck it, there's bigger things to worry about...

Preach on. Fuck.

blink 182 is dope. only aggressive skaters hate on them, and they only do it cause they know they're fucking butt pirates and so they want to feel masculine by dissing a perfectly good band.

'stay together for the kids' is my fucking jam.

i wont front, i wasnt down back in 92, but i dont even give a shit. i make no excuses for the music i like and that which i dont. but to dis them just because they're popular is wack as shit. 'punk rock' is such a fucking joke. once you've been homeless and wearing the same pair of bondage pants for 5 years, then you can talk to me about punk. until then, shut the fuck up and wait for mommy to come home from work in her bmw SUV and cook your stupid ass Mr. Gordons fish sticks...

Originally posted by seeking innocence

... 'punk rock' is such a fucking joke. once you've been homeless and wearing the same pair of bondage pants for 5 years, then you can talk to me about punk. until then, shut the fuck up and wait for mommy to come home from work in her bmw SUV and cook your stupid ass Mr. Gordons fish sticks...

Seeking: on point as usual.

Trust the Gordons fisherman.

how do u know what....

the dude who is sayin that blink 182ANDsum41 sound like the backstreetboys and nsync, dude how do u know what backstreet boysand nsync sound like???ha u loser, u listen to teeny bands u stupid shit. eat shit and die.

~~~~~~~~REMESINYADREAMS~~~~~~~

Originally posted by blood as ink

even though i don't think they're all that good i also don't mind them.it's weird with blink 182 because i can actully say i remember when they were nobody...they couldn't get any shows...they worked there way up through the scene...and well hey i remember seeing there drummer play in the aquabats.he also has a dag nasty tatoo!("can i say" across his upper chest). they've done splits with other bands..etc etc. i thought it was really weird when they started getting bigger and bigger i remember seeing them play shitty shows with 15 people in the room with no one paying attention to them.and now that they're huge people talk shit on them for being trendy or sellouts...it was the same thing with green day a few years ago...but now "they're cool to like again because they arn't as popular as they were"...same goes with nirvana.i mean shit just because a band gets ridicuosly big doesn't mean they don't deserve it...sometimes it's just plain silly how they got so big though.

so to say they're like n sync or the backstreet boys is way off...they actully worked there way up and weren't just put together by some major label to make a new fad and make a huge profit.

look at the sex pistols...the "original punk rock band" ...they were created for making profits and yet no one "sell outs"...i mean they were basically the backstrret boys of the 70's,and well they even sucked like them too.

not trying to sound like a jackass...just stating my opinion.

yeahh i completely agree with you..i mean i must admit that they did change a little bit with their music, and i dont buy their stuff anymore, but it is catchy and i mean heyy theyre making a living with it...and thats cool with me...i still like cheshire cat and dude ranch...and whoever said that they are like n sync is fucked..they worked their way up from a lower spot than almost all bands...some people should get brains and think for themselves and not go repeating what eveyrone else says about sellouts becuase they think it makes them sound smarter

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Same thing happened to me with Rammstein and Lou Bega. I'd heard a few Rammstein tracks on the Lost Highway and Mortal Kombat II soundtracks, and I loved it, so I ordered the import Sensucht CD. A full year after I'd been banging that shit on the stereo, they blow up on MTV, and all of a sudden they're those wacky German fire people, and immediately begin to suck. I listen to the CD every once in a while, and I wonder if the reason I don't like them too much anymore is because of developing musical tastes, or subconscious mass following.

Lou Bega, which you may know as the singer of the obnoxiously irritating "Mambo No. 5", was presented to me by a friend who'd been in Europe for the summer. He was like "listen to this guy, it's awesome party music". Next day, we're on a couple of boats, heading for a small tropical island off the east coast of PR, armed with obnoxious amounts of beer, rum, and cigars, and hot fuckin' bitches in bikinis, blasting the fuck out of Mambo No. 5 on the stereo, getting fucked-up caribbean style. I ordered the import CD, we put it on every time we partied, it was a huge hit. Around 4 months later, dude comes out on MTV, it's a fucking smash hit, and gets so played out the man becomes synonymous with obnoxious. My friends in the US, when they go through my CD's, always point and giggle at Lou Bega, making sure they specify how lame it is. And I'm like, "Man, that guy was cool for some time, you don't understand...". And they don't. No one ever does. I am a horrible monster and I pray for death. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by seeking innocence

blink 182 is dope. only aggressive skaters hate on them, and they only do it cause they know they're fucking butt pirates and so they want to feel masculine by dissing a perfectly good band.

'stay together for the kids' is my fucking jam.

i wont front, i wasnt down back in 92, but i dont even give a shit. i make no excuses for the music i like and that which i dont. but to dis them just because they're popular is wack as shit. 'punk rock' is such a fucking joke. once you've been homeless and wearing the same pair of bondage pants for 5 years, then you can talk to me about punk. until then, shut the fuck up and wait for mommy to come home from work in her bmw SUV and cook your stupid ass Mr. Gordons fish sticks...

i hate to say it....but seeking is right on the money.

Archived