Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

BIG SHOCKER

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by EyeforAnEYE, Jun 22, 2004.

1. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

Mary-Kate Olsen being treated for eating disorder

Tuesday, June 22, 2004 Posted: 1857 GMT (0257 HKT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Teen actress Mary-Kate Olsen, who with her twin sister Ashley has grown into an American pop icon and fashion brand, has entered a program for treatment of an eating disorder reported to be anorexia.

The 18-year-old co-star of last month's film "New York Minute" recently "entered a treatment facility to seek professional help for a health-related issue," publicist Michael Pagnotta said Tuesday.

"She is thankful for the encouragement and support of her friends and family, who are with her every step of the way," he added.

A person familiar with the situation told Reuters that Olsen was suffering from an eating disorder. Olsen entered a facility during the past week or 10 days and was expected to remain in treatment for about a month, the person said.

Us Weekly magazine, in the cover story of its upcoming issue, identified the disorder as anorexia.

Speculation about Olsen's rail-thin figure has been the subject of tabloids, gossip columns and the Internet for weeks. The actress herself poked fun at the issue during the twins' recent appearance on "Saturday Night Live," shouting to an extra playing herself, "You're too skinny! Eat a sandwich!"

Pagnotta said both sisters, who turned 18 on June 13, were going ahead with plans to attend New York University together in the fall.

But Ashley Olsen will be making a planned trip later this month to Australia and New Zealand without Mary-Kate to launch overseas promotion of "New York Minute" -- the sisters' first theatrical feature, he said.

The twins have been in the public eye since they were 9 months old, starring in the television sitcom "Full House." Since then, they have sold millions of videos, DVDs and books and have launched their own fashion line.

But director-producer Michael Kruzan, who has worked with the twins for years, was quoted in Us Weekly as describing Mary-Kate as the "more competitive" of the two girls.

link

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

poor girls....

It seems like the media had the decency to
    give them a bit of space untill they turned 18,
    now it's a tabloid free-for-all. shiiittt....

as long as they arent getting treatment for Paris or Brittney's drug of choice.

3. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

sex?

4. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

maybe that drug of choice (not sex) is whats causing her not to eat.....

5. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

the media was all nicey nice w/ em before they turned 18. now the fangs of the media will suck suck suck em dryyy

6. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

At risk of sounding out of the "celebrity loop".. what drug of choice?

7. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

8. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

coke.

and britney being all about yay is old news. a friend of mine is good friends with her tour manager, and watched her blowing lines. this was a couple years ago too. she's been down.

9. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

Britney Spears and coke? I had no idea...

I'm not surprised that Mary-Kate is anorexic. Oh well, hope the treatment goes well for her. Ugh... This story reminds me of a friend. :(

10. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

i never knew that britney was down with the boog sug. but then again money.......$$

i feel bad for her (mary kate). i've been through it and its a hard thing to overcome. but i've never been hospitalized for it or anything.

good luck to her i guess.

11. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

http://www.kappasigmawcu.com/pictures/events/tailgating/shocker.jpg'>

I thought this was gonna be about the ol "Two in the gut, one in the butt.."

Boy was I wrong...

12. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

"boog sug" hahaha

13. MartySchemeR

MartySchemeR Member

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: dam they can get as fat as they want the got 300 million between the two of them... OH yea im give them both ADIS on their birthday:lick:

14. imported_dowmagik

imported_dowmagik Senior Member

15. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

Eating Disorder wtf they mad rich n don't eat
    :confused: