Cooking with 12oz

Guest Are2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont really make my own but steady putting in "mix ins" like lean meats, peas, carrots, potatos, apples... you get the idea.. .never cheese or sweets and junky foods... and never put their food down wit out warm water mixed in too... if i choose to feed them with out any of the above i get looks...

i make a mix of rice, broccoli and chicken breast and liver. i have to puree it because they just wolf that shit down like they'll never be fed again.

i just made banana peanut butter biscuits for em and yep

they are spoilt rotten

but the snow is fuckin em up

creme brulee is easy 4 parts cream to 1 part egg to 1 part sugar so

8oz heavy cream

2egg yolks

2oz sugar

.5 tsp pure vanilla extract

scald the cream, whisk together eggs sugar and vanilla until light yellow. temper the yolk mixture with the cream whisking in a little at a time. once all is combined pour into ramekins place in a high sided baking pan move to a 325 degree oven fill the pan with water half way up the ramekins cover with plastic wrap then foil. bake for approx. 25 minutes once they get jiggy with it when you jiggle they are done. pull them out and let them set in the fridge for up to 24 hours. shelf life is about 3 days. to brulee before service coat with sugar evenly and torch you don't want to much sugar or it will burn and not be good. so i'd say 1.5 tsp of sugar should be enough maybe less. garnish with some fresh fruit and some fresh vanilla whipped cream. this recipe will make about 2 so if you need four just double it.

i'm searching for an Osso Bucco recipe, i've found that none of the recipes i have found are very consistant besides the veal shank and the vegetables. Here was what i was thinking.

Ingredients:

8 Veal Shanks

Flour

Salt

Pepper

Butter

Olive Oil

Rosemary

Thyme

Sage

Bay Leaves

Cheesecloth

Cooking Twine

2 Tomatoes, seeded n cubed

16oz can peeled tomatoes

3 Carrots, chopped

3 Celery, chopped

4 Onions, chopped

Garlic Paste

Tomatoe Paste

2 cups Red Wine

Beef Stock (enough to cover majority of Meat)

Parsley

Lemon Zest

Garlic Cloves

Preheat oven to 325.

Wash and dry veal shanks massage Garlic Paste into the dry shanks. Mix flour, salt, n pepper and apply to the shanks. Heat large pot on high and add olive oil and butter. Brown the shanks on either side. Remove shanks from pot and wrap the cooking twine around them so the meat doesn't fall off the bone while cooking.

In same pot, reduce heat to medium and add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic paste. Cook til onions are clear then add red wine, beef stock to deglaze the pot. then add the veal shanks, tomatoes, canned tomatoes, and bouquet garni (rosemary, thyme, sage, and bay leaves wrapped in cheesecloth). Transfer to oven for 2 hours. remember to rotate the shanks every 1/2 hour.

Combine chopped parsley, lemon zest, and minced garlic to make you gemolata.

After 2 hours of cooking in the oven remove the pot and remove the veal shanks. Reduce sauce by 1/3 - 1/2. Serve veal shank with the reduction and vegetables poured over the top and add some gremolata on top of that.

I plan on serving some sort of cheesy fennel and onion risotto on the side along with a grilled asparagus on the side.

can i get some feedback from people on how this sounds. It's my first time making it so if anyone else has made Osso Bucco please remark on my post.

sounds straight. except i would use real garlic in both stages. you know how to make garlic paste with fresh cloves and salt? it might just be me, but i dont trust store bought processed garlic anything.

cheese and fennel is kind of off sounding to me... but then again i dont know yer recipe for it or what cheese.

i could see goat cheese/fennel/carmelized onion risotto working well though.

we made home made cinnamon rolls during the snow... what a pain in the ass.

yes. i don't have the patience for yeast.

but they're good.

osso bucco sounds good for the carnivores.

veal was never my thing though.

and wow. shameless outta nowhere.

i'll have to try that with choco soy milk

made these raspberry sandwich cookies today for xmas.

menu will be cheese&crackers (port salut), steamed shrimp, crabcakes, asparagus, salad w vinagarette and bread

i feel like it needs something else.

2 sticks butter, softened

1 cup confectioners' sugar

2 egg yolks

2 1/3 cups flour

1 cup seedless raspberry preserves

1. Beat butter and sugar on low. Increase to medium; beat until light and fluffy. Add yolks one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Reduce speed, add flour 1/2 cup at a time, beating after each addition to combine. .. Transfer dough onto a large sheet of plastic wrap and press it into a large rectangle ..and let chill for 1 hour.

2. Divide chilled dough into 4 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, work 1 dough piece, chill the rest..roll into a 9" square. Using a 3" round cookie cutter, cut out 9 circles of dough and transfer them to a parchment paper–lined baking sheet about 1" apart;..Using a 1 1/4" round cookie cutter, cut a hole in the center of half of the circles—these are the tops. Bake all cookies in batches, rotating pans halfway through, until just pale golden, about 15 minutes.

3. boil preserves, stirring, over medium heat. Reduce to medium-low, simmer & stir, until thickened and reduced by about one-quarter, about 5 minutes. Transfer preserves to a bowl; let cool. spoon about 1/2 tsp. of preserves onto each bottom...spread preserves to within 1/8" of the edges. Cover each with a cookie top. Transfer remaining preserves into a plastic bag and snip the end. Using it like a piping bag, pipe a small amount of preserves into each hole.

i only made a 2/3 recipe.and used star cookie cutters.

creme brulee is easy 4 parts cream to 1 part egg to 1 part sugar so

9oz heavy cream

6oz whole milk

5ozegg yolks

1.2oz sugar

.5 tsp pure vanilla extract

scald the cream, whisk together eggs sugar and vanilla until light yellow. temper the yolk mixture with the cream whisking in a little at a time. once all is combined pour into ramekins place in a high sided baking pan move to a 325 degree oven fill the pan with water half way up the ramekins cover with plastic wrap then foil. bake for approx. 25 minutes once they get jiggy with it when you jiggle they are done. pull them out and let them set in the fridge for up to 24 hours. shelf life is about 3 days. to brulee before service coat with sugar evenly and torch you don't want to much sugar or it will burn and not be good. so i'd say 1.5 tsp of sugar should be enough maybe less. garnish with some fresh fruit and some fresh vanilla whipped cream. this recipe will make about 2 so if you need four just double it.

i fucked up i i found my actual recipe for it. and that will make about 3 7oz servings

I made homemade noodles the other day with my straight from naples greenhorn grandma. Easy recipe..

6-8 eggs, 4 cups flour, pinch of salt, two tablespoons olive oil.

mix altogether until it has a clay-like consistency. shape into the form of a bread loaf.

cut into slices like loaf of bread. sprinkle some flour on them and flatten out with hands.

whip out the rusty trusty pasta machine with the hand crank.

run through machine until you achieve the thickness of the noodles you like (I like my noodles thick.)

move hand crank to the cut part of the little machine and run through to cut them into noodles.

Spread them out on your kitchen table and let dry for 5 minutes. Sprinkle some flour on all of them so they don't stick in the pot of water.

Put water on, after water boils put pasta in for 5-7 minutes, add a little salt to water.

Add yo' sauce, enjoy!

Archived