Schnitzel went North (japan travel thread) -it's been a minute

16 hours ago, DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER said:

My man... WTF??? How do you not know that water is radioactive and toxic as fuck after the Fukushima nuclear meltdown?

fukushima is about 1,100 miles from Okinawa.

The ocean is a pretty fucking big thing dude after 13 years of currents etc the toxicity would be so minimal.

The pacific ocean covers 60 million square miles at an average depth of 13,000 ft.

that toxic water is like one kid peeing in an olympic pool.

• Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
9 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

fukushima is about 1,100 miles from Okinawa.

The ocean is a pretty fucking big thing dude after 13 years of currents etc the toxicity would be so minimal.

The pacific ocean covers 60 million square miles at an average depth of 13,000 ft.

that toxic water is like one kid peeing in an olympic pool.

There's no way in hell you're really that dumb.
https://www.npr.org/2023/08/24/1195419846/fukushima-radioactive-water-japan#:~:text=Workers in Japan have started,has been accumulating ever since.

@DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

I'm not that fucking dumb. I actually think that article argues in my favour.

350 million gallons released (over decades) into the ocean that has been filtered to remove most radioactive elements before dilution.

Barring tritium which has a 12 year halflife so therefore you can imagine the radiation levels in the earliest tanks will already be half their original levels. 

Yes the water around the coast of Japan will be more radioactive than normal.
But that doesn't mean it's unsafe because normal is extremely low.

And I walked up to the sarcophagus of the Chernobyl reactor 18 years ago so being 1000 miles from the Sendai area is a manageable risk IMO.

You only go round once.

4 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

@DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

I'm not that fucking dumb. I actually think that article argues in my favour.

350 million gallons released (over decades) into the ocean that has been filtered to remove most radioactive elements before dilution.

Barring tritium which has a 12 year halflife so therefore you can imagine the radiation levels in the earliest tanks will already be half their original levels. 

Yes the water around the coast of Japan will be more radioactive than normal.
But that doesn't mean it's unsafe because normal is extremely low.

And I walked up to the sarcophagus of the Chernobyl reactor 18 years ago so being 1000 miles from the Sendai area is a manageable risk IMO.

You only go round once.

You sure you're not that dumb?  Read between the lines. A nuclear meltdown was literally washed into that ocean contaminating everything in sight. Then, years later, RECENTLY, they started dumping the radioactive contaminated water iinto the ocean as well. You just posted pics of your kids playing in that shit. Remember to tell them YOLO when they get cancer. 🤦‍♂️

On 3/15/2024 at 5:22 AM, Schnitzel said:

which reactor was washed into the sea? @DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER

can't seem to find anything on it.

What Sea? We're talking about the ocean your kids are seen playing in. 

https://wiseinternational.org/campaign/fukushima-disaster?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwhtWvBhD9ARIsAOP0Gojz0aCs9RQCfhnQFDTNnjWLKCoX7ZYVuc5hmimgBYYD6Ck1Yvc8f-saAna9EALw_wcB

Edited by DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER