The Rebirth of 12ozProphet

misteraven

I can't find my post from last month, but I shared with everyone that we had his a major milestone, which was just shy of 1.2 million views on the forum. Pretty amazing in my opinion considering I've hardly started on all the plans to promote and market the brand and forum. Anyhow, I'm very happy to report that we are about to break 1.6 million for this month, which is really impressive evidence of how things are moving in the right direction.

Thank you to everyone here, everyone that has steady been here, as well as all the people reaching out to old members in person on Instagram and in the Roll Call Thread.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 9.36.12 AM.png

• Props 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 months later...

So obviously, I'm way late from what was communicated in the first post (as usual). Anyhow, just an followup since it's been a minute.

The developers are still finalizing the release, so I'm at a stand still until it reaches stability. I was originally told, April, then May. Now they aren't providing a projection, but its out of alpha stage and well into beta and being privately tested, which usually means that we're likely no more than a few weeks away from it being released. Once released, it'll probably be a couple weeks to build back in all the tweaks and customizations and test ourselves, but you guys will get first view of all that here on the forum, accessing via browser. Once it's been verified, I then need to package it into a  mobile app and submit to Apple and Google for approval. Again, you guys will know what's happening first, but plan is to really start promoting hard once everything is in place.

As far as the new website, it's actually been complete for a little while now. Only reason it's not launched is because I'm scrambling to wrap up all the new product, so I can also get photos of everything to fill in key assets on the new site index and a couple places. So when it launches, it goes live with all the new 12ozProphet stuff that forms the foundation of the new shop and collection. Anyhow, I'm still doing almost all of this solo, in between all else that I do everyday, but it's all pretty close.

I'd hoped to have this all ready in time for the July 12-12-12 release, but it's just too much to get done. Expect an announcement post about this months 12-12-12 release, but the new website will very likely come in the couple weeks following with the new forum probably a month or so later, followed by the official mobile app a few weeks after that.

Couple links to make it easy...

• Like 1
  • Props 3

Sounds great! Thanks for the update.

I don’t think many of us regulars are stressing too much about the next forum update/rebuild/app. We pretty content with the forums current state and it everything is functioning well. Definitely looking forward to it, but take whatever time is needed to do it right.

But that July 12th shirt deadline is never forgive action if missed.

• LOL! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the developers are now saying Q4 2024 on the stable release. Freakin bummer, though traffic is always higher during the cold months of the year. 

New website is all but done. Just waiting on finalizing new product since a lot of the primary images are supposed to be highlights of new product. Anyhow, still working on all that. 

• Like 4

Going to bump this thread. To be honest, I've been pretty freakin busy, but likewise, few of the recent threads have really captured my attention. Feel bad about that, but suppose it's because all the usual shit that makes up the normal threads is usually stuff I talk to people IRL about. Anyhow, the topic of this thread is something I can discuss endlessly, so here I am.

Also, I was recently hit up by Desa and he mentioned he wanted to start posting photos on here, but couldn't figure it out. I thought at some point we had a tutorial on how to do that, but I couldn't find it, so maybe it's only something that we all talked about. Please link me to it, if one exists. Likewise, if anyone wants to take the initiative and build one out, that would be a great help for new members.

That said, wondering if anyone else has any observations or suggestions. Ideas or whatever on things we can do. I know there's a good many threads that sort of already did it, so not looking for the same ideas already discussed. Happy to answer questions and indeed we kicked around some great ideas in the past that I'm still working to implement, but anyhow, thought I'd direct some focus back into this topic to see if I (we) can engage a little bit more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, misteraven said:

Going to bump this thread. To be honest, I've been pretty freakin busy, but likewise, few of the recent threads have really captured my attention. Feel bad about that, but suppose it's because all the usual shit that makes up the normal threads is usually stuff I talk to people IRL about. Anyhow, the topic of this thread is something I can discuss endlessly, so here I am.

Also, I was recently hit up by Desa and he mentioned he wanted to start posting photos on here, but couldn't figure it out. I thought at some point we had a tutorial on how to do that, but I couldn't find it, so maybe it's only something that we all talked about. Please link me to it, if one exists. Likewise, if anyone wants to take the initiative and build one out, that would be a great help for new members.

That said, wondering if anyone else has any observations or suggestions. Ideas or whatever on things we can do. I know there's a good many threads that sort of already did it, so not looking for the same ideas already discussed. Happy to answer questions and indeed we kicked around some great ideas in the past that I'm still working to implement, but anyhow, thought I'd direct some focus back into this topic to see if I (we) can engage a little bit more.

I thought their was a tutorial too, but I only found one you made for making “Groups”.

That would be great if he started posting here and stuck around. Is he on a desktop or phone? I have never posted on a desktop but the iPhone is super user friendly.

1. Select ”Add Files” button.

2. Select “Photo Library” option.

3. Select pics (a blue check mark will appear on selected pics), click “Add”.

4. Wait for pic to upload and appear at bottom of text field.

5. Hit “Submit Reply”.

I have a bunch of notes, but been saving them to see if they are fixed after the launch.

One of them :

On android, when uploading pictures, if you click on gallery and select pictures,  nothing happens. Pictures have to be on the recent tab in order for them to upload.

image.jpeg.5f1e0c6f5a07316d8ecd902b9a0249ef.jpeg