WORLD CUP

Dark_Knight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 12/13/2022 at 8:35 PM, LUGR said:

Everybody at Twin Peaks today watching the game had massive Messi boners for Argentina.

Normally I'd hate on team sports, but my wife is Argentinian and way into Soccer. We woke up early AF (6:00am) to get to these two spots in Denver hosting Argentineans (Maria's Empanadas). It was a flop. There wasn't even standing room in either spot and I hadn't charged my car in a few days so there wasn't any battery left. We made it to a charger in Colorado Mills, and the only open sports bar nearby was Twin Peaks. Normally slightly cringe in there but at 8:00 am holy shit. I've never seen a place so full of losers in my life. For those that don't know, twin peaks is like a fake Hooter's hence the name. Instead of orange shorts and tank tops, they make the waitresses dress like literal street walkers so that more dudes that are vaginally challenged will show up. Not going to lie though, I'd been there before for two work lunch meetings that were a total wastes of time, but  it was sort of normal as the food/drinks are priced well and not too bad.

Anyway, we were the only non-whites in the house. Felt even sketchier because most of them were already on their 3rd or 4th beer by 8:30 am and intentionally avoiding eye contact or acknowledgement. Might have just been typical incel shit. Many of them looked like rednecks, and a couple had the Hitler flop over hair style with shaved sides. So I assumed these freedom fries eating losers are def not on France's side, especially since France's team was mostly black. So most of the game was a big nothing burger until France scored it's first couple of goals nearing the end of the 2nd half.  Every one of these people started cheering for France. Racism wasn't there for me when I needed it the most, and my disappointment was immeasurable. Wife reached her cringe limit though. We hopped in the whip and bounced. Luckily a homie kinda nearby in Golden who's into soccer had it at his house so we ended up there after hitting triple digits in a 45mph zone as to not miss anything. Watched the last 15 minutes, and then the OT or whatever they call it, and couldn't be happier with the results.

• LOL! 1

The real celebration was Abuela LA LA LA LA LA, but I can't find any good footage showing the beginning to the end. Basically a few dudes went out onto the sidewalk to celebrate an ealy WC victory and a lady in her 70's went out to celebrate with them. They start chanting "Abuela La la la la la" (grandma, la la la la la). Started with just those few people, and each win brought out more people, that all chanted for this lady. Eventually she was on the news, she said I'm not even a grandmother because she never had kids. It was too late though, Everyone kept showing up to the spot in that neighborhood every win to celebrate with her as it went viral.

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Normally I'd hate on team sports, but my wife is Argentinian and way into Soccer. We woke up early AF (6:00am) to get to these two spots in Denver hosting Argentineans (Maria's Empanadas). It was a flop. There wasn't even standing room in either spot and I hadn't charged my car in a few days so there wasn't any battery left. We made it to a charger in Colorado Mills, and the only open sports bar nearby was Twin Peaks. Normally slightly cringe in there but at 8:00 am holy shit. I've never seen a place so full of losers in my life. For those that don't know, twin peaks is like a fake Hooter's hence the name. Instead of orange shorts and tank tops, they make the waitresses dress like literal street walkers so that more dudes that are vaginally challenged will show up. Not going to lie though, I'd been there before for two work lunch meetings that were a total wastes of time, but  it was sort of normal as the food/drinks are priced well and not too bad.

Anyway, we were the only non-whites in the house. Felt even sketchier because most of them were already on their 3rd or 4th beer by 8:30 am and intentionally avoiding eye contact or acknowledgement. Might have just been typical incel shit. Many of them looked like rednecks, and a couple had the Hitler flop over hair style with shaved sides. So I assumed these freedom fries eating losers are def not on France's side, especially since France's team was mostly black. So most of the game was a big nothing burger until France scored it's first couple of goals nearing the end of the 2nd half.  Every one of these people started cheering for France. Racism wasn't there for me when I needed it the most, and my disappointment was immeasurable. Wife reached her cringe limit though. We hopped in the whip and bounced. Luckily a homie kinda nearby in Golden who's into soccer had it at his house so we ended up there after hitting triple digits in a 45mph zone as to not miss anything. Watched the last 15 minutes, and then the OT or whatever they call it, and couldn't be happier with the results.