If QR code menus stick around…

KILZ FILLZ

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Print 3 different business cards with with 3 different QR codes, each one points to a different website with different pricing. Wouldn't work for a restaurant but good for a contractor. When handing them out to future clients, just discern between the poor, med, rich, and give them the appropriate QR code.

If you're ever somehow called out, the separate URL's create a layer 2 solution, with a built in plausible deniability: "I apologize for the confusion, but that's my old web site. Couldn't get the old web guy to update, or take it down. That's why he's the old web guy. I'm really sorry but I can't offer that pricing anymore. That's why I sent you to my new site."

Also kinda felt this:

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Ive noticed that the  more well to do clientele I have served have a much higher expectation of quality and cleanliness and thinking their opinion on a technical subject matters because they skimmed a few articles on the subject at hand. These people generally get taxed a PITA charge by everyone in the industry.

From my own experience as a technician, the bigger the client, the more bullshit, and risk you'll need to price into a job. Kinda cute when they jerk themselves off into thinking they're a more desirable client somehow because of their name, especially after you've already dealt with them before, it sucked, and they don't ever refer any clients. Nobody gives a fuck about names, dick sizes, or who I've done work for. They only care about quality, price, and if I'm headache to deal with. Half these motherfuckers have trouble remembering my name.

• Truth 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:23 AM, Dirty_habiT said:

My brother said that there are likely laws against doing difference in prices via QR code (or any other similar method). 

Basically you could make something but you'd have to be extremely good with the programming of it so that people wouldn't catch on to what is happening. A hacker type mindset would pinpoint this rather quickly I think. 

like anything you just shouldn't have it documented or easily proveable. it's totally doable. hell, grocery stores and gas stations do this. there's a principle in pricing that's held up in court — you're allowed to make "bad business decisions," up to and including higher than market prices. it would be easy to take requests for quotes, segregate them by zip code, and charge accordingly. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add to the conversation without adding anything of importance. 

Went to one of those bikini vietnamese coffee shops in San Jose yesterday. Signs everywhere that say no cell phone/no photography etc.

In the past they enforced that pretty hardcore... but now with the pandemic, QR codes on all the tables. The irony was not lost on me. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1