favorite actors

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Can't think of too many actors I would actively seek out just to see their performance.  I've been surprised at some of the roles Gary Oldman has done, like I didn't know it was him until seeing the credits later but his character helped make the movie:

image.png.06f1f2c1e8aad58870e56a15a366a1f7.png

Mason Verger

image.thumb.png.23804b866b933f97f28abd32ce0b3d1f.png

Drexl Spivey

Awesome scene altogether, but I love when he opens the envelope and he's got nothing.

Of course

image.thumb.png.a52fdb20ca4d9e9e54cc13ca18da6f36.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, glorydays said:

let's see 'em

i dont care who it is and which movie did you first see them.

bonus points for obscure actors. 

They could be theater, TV, or Movie.

Michael Shannon.

I saw Take Shelter and his monologue in the veteran's dinner.

fucking amazing

check this one out if you’re a fan of MS

62C05CDF-290F-41DA-8CCE-821720FFE263.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Can't think of too many actors I would actively seek out just to see their performance.  I've been surprised at some of the roles Gary Oldman has done, like I didn't know it was him until seeing the credits later but his character helped make the movie:

image.png.06f1f2c1e8aad58870e56a15a366a1f7.png

Mason Verger

image.thumb.png.23804b866b933f97f28abd32ce0b3d1f.png

Drexl Spivey

Awesome scene altogether, but I love when he opens the envelope and he's got nothing.

Of course

image.thumb.png.a52fdb20ca4d9e9e54cc13ca18da6f36.png

his theater work is fucking amazing

i try to memorize his monologues

my mannerisms are basically an amalgamation of all the actors i liked and watched over the years

2 hours ago, glorydays said:

Daniel Day Lewis

Method in the Madness: Sir Daniel Day-Lewis | The Rake

the first movie i've seen him in is the crucible

his monologue refusing to sign his name on the confession

john proctor yellow teeth | Meme Generator

came here to post him

image.png.43ba7ee6abb43a554d4ced7d9fe4b521.png

image.thumb.jpeg.38b8be08750f4a8a5445b6d86bc2dd5b.jpeg

his performing in gangs of New York might be my favorite. Overall mediocre movie, but I rewatch it for Bill the Butcher.

• Like 4
  • Truth 2

Was going to post DDL for Gangs, think I enjoy that movie more than some of you.  There Will Be Blood was ok but didn't do much for me.  

Also movies like Gangs of New York and Catch Me If You Can helped me appreciate Leonardo DiCaprio since I wasn't watching him in chick flick emo roles.

Don't know if this is great acting or just great professionalism but I have to give credit that he doesn't flinch or skip a beat as he hurts himself for real but continues to flow through the scene as the blood flows from his hand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Will give a nod to Leslie Nielsen.  All that deadpan humor, sight gags, physical comedy, it's all kind of a lost art now.

image.thumb.png.436def04fedbe44708690aa3a364ae33.png

image.png.32dae66b6da2669ed1a1220cb4733b43.png

i fully believe that monologues can be done in a physical medium

remember that films used to be silent. Action was the only way to convey the story.

On that note, I'm going to put down Jackie chan.

Sympathy for Jackie Chan: in defence of a damaged man | South China Morning  Post

I subjectively believe Operation Condor was his best work, choreographically wise.

The Film Canon: Armour Of God II: Operation Condor (1991) | The Young Folks

Edited by glorydays
  • Truth 1

On 1/9/2021 at 12:04 PM, glorydays said:

let's see 'em

i dont care who it is and which movie did you first see them.

bonus points for obscure actors. 

They could be theater, TV, or Movie.

Michael Shannon.

I saw Take Shelter and his monologue in the veteran's dinner.

fucking amazing

Believe it or not when I worked for the Alinea Group I served him and his wife while working at Roister.. dude is tall as shit but he was super chill came in with a flannel and dirty chucks and messy ass hair like he just rolled out of bed like "alright fuck it let's go".. him and his wife were super sweet and he was surprised we remembered his birthday as I gifted him some dessert and shots on the house.. overall a pretty mellow dude I enjoyed talking and bullshitting with him in between..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tails0nE said:

Believe it or not when I worked for the Alinea Group I served him and his wife while working at Roister.. dude is tall as shit but he was super chill came in with a flannel and dirty chucks and messy ass hair like he just rolled out of bed like "alright fuck it let's go".. him and his wife were super sweet and he was surprised we remembered his birthday as I gifted him some dessert and shots on the house.. overall a pretty mellow dude I enjoyed talking and bullshitting with him in between..

you lucky bastard

the dude is funny also...i remember seeing him on adult swim.

The guy would say yes to cool shit he wanted to do.

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Brad Pitt is an obvious. Arguably the most accomplished actor there is. His catalogue is vast and diverse. With that being said, I still think he’s under appreciated for his impact on cinema.

Thought of him too when I was posting Oldman, related to the same movie True Romance.  Actually that movie is a cast of now known characters who have played some pretty good roles.

image.png.023ad892891b701198caf0213b9e84ba.png

7 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Thought of him too when I was posting Oldman, related to the same movie True Romance.  Actually that movie is a cast of now known characters who have played some pretty good roles.

image.png.023ad892891b701198caf0213b9e84ba.png

do any of you anticipate a movie depending on the actor(s) being in it

tom-hanks.thumb.jpg.70978a769babeb30f1b2aae756efce35.jpg

I won't call Tom Hanks a favorite, but he's done so many movies and there's a bunch I've enjoyed.  He's that actor that you grew up seeing and everyone has probably seen at least 3 of his movies.  

First movie I saw from him as a child was probably Splash, but Batchelor Party seems to stand out.  Not sure how I saw that as a kid, lack of adult supervision.  Dragnet.

Favs are Green Mile and Catch Me If You Can.

• Like 4
  • Truth 1

On 1/13/2021 at 5:51 AM, One Man Banned said:

tom-hanks.thumb.jpg.70978a769babeb30f1b2aae756efce35.jpg

I won't call Tom Hanks a favorite, but he's done so many movies and there's a bunch I've enjoyed.  He's that actor that you grew up seeing and everyone has probably seen at least 3 of his movies.  

First movie I saw from him as a child was probably Splash, but Batchelor Party seems to stand out.  Not sure how I saw that as a kid, lack of adult supervision.  Dragnet.

Favs are Green Mile and Catch Me If You Can.

Bro, his monologues are legendary

I've used 3 of his monologues for speech class in college