Forum Update - Status, Feedback and bug reports

misteraven

Just a heads up that I've been implementing a bunch of server and forum upgrades. Wasn't really any issues with it, but I was falling behind on some basic suggested upgrades and also was looking to see if I could bump the speed a bit. 

Anyhow, if you spot anything weird, post in this thread or DM me so I can look into it.

Thanks!

cc: @Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
14 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I'll let you know if I see anything funny going on.

Was trying to finally transfer the site to that new(er) Linode and couldn't pull it off with the WHM migrate tools. Could really use a hand with that sometime soon, if you can spare some time? Maybe this evening or somrtime this week?

Lol, was that one from your archive?  Let's talk offline about what you ran into with the migration and we may be able to figure it out.

Today I might have some time later in the evening.  I'm pretty sure tomorrow afternoon is free for me.  I'm sorry we didn't get this done before but I am definitely interested in helping.

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Lol, was that one from your archive?  Let's talk offline about what you ran into with the migration and we may be able to figure it out.

Today I might have some time later in the evening.  I'm pretty sure tomorrow afternoon is free for me.  I'm sorry we didn't get this done before but I am definitely interested in helping.

Thanks man... Yeah the sooner the better. Also think there's a lot we can optimize since there's a shit ton of resource not being used.

Oh, seems I somehow borked the Invision caching with that upgrade. Now seeing a warning about cache not working in the admin dashboard. Likewise, I bumped PHP to version 7.1, which is the minimum on the upgraded version and saw that some of the default PHP directives are throwing security warnings in the dashboard and that all the memory / upload shit is back to the minimums. Feel like we can likely improve the configuration to some of that performance related stuff and squeeze a whole lot more out of these instances, so lets talk about that too.

9 hours ago, morton said:

20190330_173144.jpg

353 kb · Upload Failed

same browser: crome, different computer, same error

fuck man, I'm sorry... I really can't duplicate the error and so far, nobody else has said anything about this issue. Also, lots of images have gone up since.

I k now its a pain in the ass, but is there any chance of doing a screen cast of it? Maybe there's something you're doing differently.

Images aren't always all the same even at their default size. Seems logical that the same pixel count should always be the same size, but reality is that files with a more homogenous tonal value are smaller than ones that are made up of complex patterns. Thats my guess, but I know what you're seeing isnt an error. I configured that setting myself to keep disk space usage somewhat reasonable. Even at 2mb, its way too big, but havent had time to circle back and set something up to dynamically resize attachments.

Hi Raven

small thing might have already been brought up but in the bottom you used to see the names of things under the arrows

the "go to topic listing" and "next unread topic" used to show Channel zero and  the next thread name respectively.

on chrome

on a macbook

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 11.04.23 am.png

1 hour ago, Schnitzel said:

Hi Raven

small thing might have already been brought up but in the bottom you used to see the names of things under the arrows

the "go to topic listing" and "next unread topic" used to show Channel zero and  the next thread name respectively.

on chrome

on a macbook

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 11.04.23 am.png

Sorry, not sure I understand, can you please explain?

I did just temporarily load the old version and was unable to spot a difference in the layout below the area you mentioned in the footer. That said, there shouldn't have been any changes to the design or elements since the upgrade had to do with the actual software itself.

In any case, please clarify and I'll dig into it.

Thanks

Same computer but on internet explorer for a change. or whatever they call it now a days

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0fd617e4d22ab34f468 kb = .468 MB?

I can load smaller pics that are like 

510FiRzTwqL.SR160,240_BG243,243,243.jpg

10 kb · Done

but pictures that have not been resized get kicked although they are below the max file size threshold

Upload Failed

20190314_153817.jpg

468 kb · Upload Failed

510FiRzTwqL.SR160,240_BG243,243,243.jpg

On 5/24/2019 at 1:00 PM, misteraven said:

Sorry, not sure I understand, can you please explain?

I did just temporarily load the old version and was unable to spot a difference in the layout below the area you mentioned in the footer. That said, there shouldn't have been any changes to the design or elements since the upgrade had to do with the actual software itself.

In any case, please clarify and I'll dig into it.

Thanks

sorry I'm crap at explaining.

Underneath where it said "go to topic listing" it used to say channel zero for example.

then on the other side  where it says "go to next unread thread" it would have the thread name underneath.

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 2.08.16 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 2.08.18 pm.png

On 5/25/2019 at 10:48 PM, Schnitzel said:

sorry I'm crap at explaining.

Underneath where it said "go to topic listing" it used to say channel zero for example.

then on the other side  where it says "go to next unread thread" it would have the thread name underneath.

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 2.08.16 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-26 at 2.08.18 pm.png

Damn, wonder if we can find a screen grab but honestly cant figure out why that would have been there but no longer is. I'll keep looking, but unsure what to say. Like I said, we upgraded the core system and not the look and feel of it. Regardless, apologies for the hassle.

Archived