Armed Forces Photo Appreciation Thread

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That article is a bit misleading...

there are active marine squadrons with f35 but that article makes it seem as though this Air Force sqdn is the only one that’s mission capable. They specify they are f35a but f35b are also on the board

author likely a chair force flyboy faggot before becoming a writer ... jk just working off the sheets the air force provided him. Journalism!

@KILZ FILLZYou're spot on with that, and it's to be expected. If you don't follow their narrative (any branch of the Armed Forces you're covering) you'll get zero access to cover cool shit like this. Especially when you're a small time station in a podunk little area of Utah, and there's literally billions of dollars floating around above you like the attached youtube video in the PM article. I grew up on Popular Mechanics as a kid, and a ton of Military propoganda being an Army brat (station abroad for 6 years with my fam) and get at little nostalgic for it. You have to admit, launching 52 of them bad boys at once is a major show of force and fucking awesome to say the least.

Edited by Mercer

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

Perfectly timed photo of a shock tube igniting and exploding which sets off the bigger C4 explosion in the background, somewhere in Afghanistan.

Perfectly timed and composed.

I'm going to research (interwebs) this a bit to determine if the tether is lit up the entire length like that or if it's just slow shutter speed. Seems that it would reveal the technician's position as pictured.

• Like 1