Armed Forces Photo Appreciation Thread

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"...This is useful in such situations such as shooting an opposing diver through a reinforced dry suit." ...

Now that's a gnarly combat situation. Like a 007 movie scene.

Thanks for linking the link.

I was wondering how the darts were propelled. I assumed it was like a speargun, rubber band(s) or pneumatic. It's actually a 5.66 cartridge and optional tracer cartridges!

• Like 3

image.png.d16bafc953512c87d5f0e2a28e10496b.png

OK Boomer tech from 1964. Imagine commuting NY to LA in about an hour averaging 2,092.294 mph in this all titanium bad boy. You could gain a couple of hours on the earths rotation. Imagine busting a mach 69 in the back seat with an Air Force slut before blasting through the mile high club 85,069 feet up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

image.png.d16bafc953512c87d5f0e2a28e10496b.png

OK Boomer tech from 1964. Imagine commuting NY to LA in about an hour averaging 2,092.294 mph in this all titanium bad boy. You could gain a couple of hours on the earths rotation. Imagine busting a mach 69 in the back seat with an Air Force slut before blasting through the mile high club 85,069 feet up.

I had the GI Joe model... lol

Sick plane

^^Yep my thoughts on it as well.  I was getting goose bumps just listening to this.  The video itself isn't that exciting because the low resolution and just basically seeing some explosion flashes in the smoke, it's the audio between the pilot and the ground troops that really makes it.

I just realized the ring that appears on the screen around 1:30 seems to be a target that the ground troops set up so the pilot can easily identify what needs to be shot at.  As the plane turns the ring eventually stays near the center of the view.