Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
9 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

5212B7E1-12A5-4C2A-82F7-C12B496BBE32.jpeg

4C606B23-3509-4CCE-A3CD-74F9A3704561.png

Boot licking refers to people who kiss police/military or any uniformed government agents ass.

That's the opposite of what she's doing (probably trying to save her business). 

Edited by Mercer
I forgot the word ass

Just now, KILZ FILLZ said:

Degrading yourself to gain favor of the ruling class 

The government makes, interprets, and also happens to wear the boots when enforcing these rules. There is no ruling class outside of the government. One day a man can be poor, the next day he's rich, or vis versa. Being born into a "ruling class" doesn't happen any more, we hav elections now.

I deleted that to come back an elaborate later. I get what you’re saying but you’re also wrong. You can lick the boots of your boss you can lick the boots of your landlord.

you could be right, she could be a business owner. But I don’t think that’s what’s going on. I think this is like the people holding blue lives matter signs who aren’t cops. @Mercer

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

There is no ruling class outside of the government. One day a man can be poor, the next day he's rich, or vis versa. Being born into a "ruling class" doesn't happen any more, we hav elections now.

Sarcasm, right?

Just want to be sure before I diatribe and carry on.

6 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Sarcasm, right?

Just want to be sure before I diatribe and carry on.

No, I’m not being sarcastic,  most of the larger fortunes earned are depleted within 3 generations and the vast majority of today’s wealthy are self made.

Your family’s social status a as a “ruling class” today is 100% on someone somewhere in your family earning enough money for your to purchase your privilege, it’s not a birthright, or some sort of caste system.

Anyone who believes they can’t possible become wealthy because you need to be “born into it” is guaranteed to be poor because they hold a regarded belief. It’s not 1850 any more, upward/downward mobility is the highest it’s ever been. “Ruling class” is bullshit. The people making the “rules” are the politicians and government,  unless you think constitutional democracy is somehow the same system as monarchy, caste system, or feudalism.

So yea, I’m dead serious, there isn’t a ruling class. You might hold more financial sway than others but when it comes to actual power, it’s between agents representing the government like a judge, elected official, or cop and the people they oppress. I wish I could just flash a platinum Amex and Schwab account and cops would let me off the hook. That shit means almost nothing, now if I flash a badge, or say I’m with the state’s attorney’s office, that’s something these boots can respect.

You can deny this all you want, or show examples of how rich people have something’s better than poor. My point is we’re not in 1850 anymore and most of what Marx & Engles we’re writing about we’re the remnants of the European aristocratic system when it meant so much more to have a “title” to your name that came as a a birthright. 

• Props 1

58 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No, I’m not being sarcastic,  most of the larger fortunes earned are depleted within 3 generations and the vast majority of today’s wealthy are self made.

Your family’s social status a as a “ruling class” today is 100% on someone somewhere in your family earning enough money for your to purchase your privilege, it’s not a birthright, or some sort of caste system.

Anyone who believes they can’t possible become wealthy because you need to be “born into it” is guaranteed to be poor because they hold a regarded belief. It’s not 1850 any more, upward/downward mobility is the highest it’s ever been. “Ruling class” is bullshit. The people making the “rules” are the politicians and government,  unless you think constitutional democracy is somehow the same system as monarchy, caste system, or feudalism.

So yea, I’m dead serious, there isn’t a ruling class. You might hold more financial sway than others but when it comes to actual power, it’s between agents representing the government like a judge, elected official, or cop and the people they oppress. I wish I could just flash a platinum Amex and Schwab account and cops would let me off the hook. That shit means almost nothing, now if I flash a badge, or say I’m with the state’s attorney’s office, that’s something these boots can respect.

You can deny this all you want, or show examples of how rich people have something’s better than poor. My point is we’re not in 1850 anymore and most of what Marx & Engles we’re writing about we’re the remnants of the European aristocratic system when it meant so much more to have a “title” to your name that came as a a birthright. 

Are you talking the world over or Just the younger nations like the US, Canada, Australia, etc?

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Ass kissing, brown nosing, etc. in a workplace is not the same thing as licking a cops, or soldiers boots. Both are gross, but there is a difference.

That just, like, your opinion, man?

boot lick and suck up are synonymous. You getting all semantical in a meme thread, Merce. 

agree to disagree?