Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
6 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

What I was making a point out of is that there is no societal benefit for smoking or drinking.  If you think drinking makes it easier for you to talk to people and socialize then you have some other issue that needs to be solved.

I disagree. 

A drink depresses the nerves and relieves anxiety. Sitting down with a drink and some music is a great way to reflect on a situation (or your whole life depending on how deep you’re going into that bottle, haha.) Sitting down with friends or family for a drink can be a bonding experience. I have had conversations with people because of alcohol that i otherwise would probably never have talked to due to superficial differences. I have made lifelong friends because i met them at a bar and discovered we had a lot of similarities. Of course, alcohol can have negative effects, that we are all very aware of. Just about everything can. 

McDonalds is trash food. A Big Mac, large fries, and large coke is less healthy than a water with some home cooked chicken with asparagus. However, when you’re visiting your in-laws and your kid is screaming in the back seat because they’re hungry and you still have a 2 hour drive home, swinging through McDonalds and getting that little cunt a Happy Meal is beneficial. The kid gets food and gets their toy that they’ll play with for 5 minutes and kick under your seat, and you get some stress relief from your kid not bitching for the next 2 hours that they’re hungry. Too much McDonalds will lead to obesity and god knows what other ailments, but in moderation is fine. 

• Like 1

This is coming from someone who has been on both sides of that fence. I drank heavily for years, WELL past the point of beneficial and WELL into the territory of detrimental to my life. I’m still reaping the consequences of what i sowed while drinking heavily. That’s not the alcohol’s fault, it’s mine. 

Alcohol is no more at fault for my stupid decisions than Trump is at fault for Iran blowing a passenger plane out of their airspace. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

^^I dunno about that last one..... here in TX they've been letting a lot of people off w/ warnings after being caught with reefer below a certain amount because hemp is now "legal"..... and differentiating in the thc level between hemp and weed is something that requires a lab test. 

Most of that other stuff can be tested w/ field test kits reliably...... but I get what the meme is saying.

Also, I'm not holier than thou on the drinking stuff, I've had a huge problem with addictive behavior in the past.  It's why I don't drink or smoke now, because I do things I "like" in excess all the time.  I can now, drink socially without craving to drink the next day, or two days from then.... and I'm fine having only one beer without feeling like I should keep drinking.  I don't think I even like the feeling of being drunk anymore, but it's been a long time and I don't intend to explore it again.  I understand what you mean though @abrasivesaint- I just wish people were better at being open with eachother and communicating without having to meet at a bar or drink alcohol.  It's not like it brought out some different person that was inside you, it just made you less of a chicken shit to say what you should have been ok with saying anyway.  To me, it's a mental problem, and I don't mean like a mental health issue that should be "fixed" per se.  I mean, like a mental block inside peoples' heads that keep them from being more forthcoming and more open/forward with strangers.  There are tons of people out there to meet and talk to if you're willing to let down your guard and try.

• Like 1

Yep, I think it makes more sense looking at it from a libertarian perspective where are against all prosecutions/enforcement of victimless crimes. The drug side of the scales for us have zero weight in urgency to prosecute, in fact, we think it's more harmful to enforce/prosecute due to lost productivity by those incarcerated, and a waste of funds keeping them locked up.

On the other hand, the prosecuting a rapist carries infinitely more weight with us because rape is a violation of consent. Consent means much more to us than than it does to more mainstream ideologies, think "taxation is theft" because we never agreed to the taxes or what the money is used for. Consent is key to everything we stand for so to us raping someone is infinitely more harmful with only a single victim, than selling a million kilos of cocaine could ever be. Boils down to a moral perspective where I can be friends with someone who sells a drug, but I'd never be down with a rapist.

The state spending more on field/lab tests for drugs over rape kits is appalling behavior, and an obvious attempt by various departments to focus on more enforcing "lucrative" crimes where they might be able steal someones house, car, cash, bank accounts etc. Whereas with rape, there's zero profit motives for LE to enforce so to them, those rape kits can wait because there's no return on that investment.

Here's more libertarian propoganda:

image.png.dacd4cd4174e5a136ea5687df635fbb2.png

• Like 3