Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Going off topic...

Crazy shit man... Wondering if we should start a new thread (yes, yet another) that specifically addresses dichotomy / division and in which we can dump most of these current events?

Not going to lie... All this stuff happening is really weighing on me. Despite my own advice to others to focus on your individual sphere of control, or at least sphere of influence, I'm really having a tough time with all this. That said, I know I'm mentally and physically exhausted... Been carrying the most stress of my life starting with trying to get my foot in the door to the place I have up here in NW Montana, as well as dealing with the realities of not being nearly secure enough financially to be doing all I've done. I've lived most my life putting all my chips on the table and betting all or nothing, but this time it's truly playing for keeps in a higher stakes game than I'm used to. Last 18 months have been the brutal, but the last 6 - 9 have been truly savage, both with personal stress as well as juggling so many moving parts. I have zero doubt that my ability to process stress and deflect stupidity is compromised, but yeah... Being honest with you guys, all the news, social and even some of these memes are starting to weigh pretty heavy on me.

Anyone else feeling the same?

• Like 1

I gotta admit Ive had the opposite reaction. Its just more of the same to me and I stopped taking it seriously a long time ago. Its all so absurd might as well have a laugh.

As for the business part of it I have so much respect and admiration for the things youre working on, will def be worth it in the end.

I focus that feeling of impending collapse on preparing myself for it in a way that will allow me to live the way I want to now, but will prepare me for a future where this country fails. Once you've truly accepted you have no control over it, and know it's sliding downhill, that's pretty much all one can do.

Meme unrelated (For all you Texans):

image.png.8a42bee67b594d4108460d6127fe7fde.png

15 minutes ago, Kults said:

I gotta admit Ive had the opposite reaction. Its just more of the same to me and I stopped taking it seriously a long time ago. Its all so absurd might as well have a laugh.

As for the business part of it I have so much respect and admiration for the things youre working on, will def be worth it in the end.

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I focus that feeling of impending collapse on preparing myself for it in a way that will allow me to live the way I want to now, but will prepare me for a future where this country fails. Once you've truly accepted you have no control over it, and know it's sliding downhill, that's pretty much all one can do.

Yeah, logically I know what you guys are saying. Guess my heads fucked up and letting shit get to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I'm actually looking at Wyoming myself RN for more than one reason.

Not worth it. I vetted it out thoroughly. You're far better off in Utah, unless you're willing to spend a little more on Montana. Jackson Hole is all silicone valley and bar area elite and the politics of the state is barely holding on. In another couple years it'll fall just like Colorado did. They were already throwing ballot initiatives to limit mag sizes and dumb shit like that, despite being fucking Wyoming. Also a lot of weird tax and conservation shit they're starting to play games with.

Starting to show its age, but worth picking up a copy of this, then using your short list and some of the info to look up more current tables / data.

https://www.amazon.com/Strategic-Relocation-North-American-Places/dp/1568612621/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1TZSWUZFATI96&keywords=strategic+relocation&qid=1565036917&s=books&sprefix=strategic+re%2Caps%2C325&sr=1-1

1 minute ago, misteraven said:

Not worth it. I vetted it out thoroughly. You're far better off in Utah, unless you're willing to spend a little more on Montana. Jackson Hole is all silicone valley and bar area elite and the politics of the state is barely holding on. In another couple years it'll fall just like Colorado did. They were already throwing ballot initiatives to limit mag sizes and dumb shit like that, despite being fucking Wyoming. Also a lot of weird tax and conservation shit they're starting to play games with.

Starting to show its age, but worth picking up a copy of this, then using your short list and some of the info to look up more current tables / data.

https://www.amazon.com/Strategic-Relocation-North-American-Places/dp/1568612621/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1TZSWUZFATI96&keywords=strategic+relocation&qid=1565036917&s=books&sprefix=strategic+re%2Caps%2C325&sr=1-1

Lot of the military / tactical guys I know relocated during the last election cycle. Don't know first hand, but was also told they've shut down most of the secret military training facilities littered throughout the NW corner of Wyoming to NW MT / E-NE ID.

1 minute ago, misteraven said:

Yeah, logically I know what you guys are saying. Guess my heads fucked up and letting shit get to me.

I don't think there's anything wrong with reacting to massive amounts of uncertainty, combined with responsibility.  Seems like it's never helpful to hear this but the only question always is what to do with that energy, and how to stay positive. What works best for me is reassurance knowing I'm doing everything there is within my realm of possibilities that I can. I reflect, try to find holes in my game, or missed opportunities and correct, just that action alone may not have any impact because none of us are truly in control,  outside of it's effect on the outcome that approach is helpful for other reasons.

• Props 1

4 hours ago, misteraven said:

Going off topic...

Crazy shit man... Wondering if we should start a new thread (yes, yet another) that specifically addresses dichotomy / division and in which we can dump most of these current events?

Not going to lie... All this stuff happening is really weighing on me. Despite my own advice to others to focus on your individual sphere of control, or at least sphere of influence, I'm really having a tough time with all this. That said, I know I'm mentally and physically exhausted... Been carrying the most stress of my life starting with trying to get my foot in the door to the place I have up here in NW Montana, as well as dealing with the realities of not being nearly secure enough financially to be doing all I've done. I've lived most my life putting all my chips on the table and betting all or nothing, but this time it's truly playing for keeps in a higher stakes game than I'm used to. Last 18 months have been the brutal, but the last 6 - 9 have been truly savage, both with personal stress as well as juggling so many moving parts. I have zero doubt that my ability to process stress and deflect stupidity is compromised, but yeah... Being honest with you guys, all the news, social and even some of these memes are starting to weigh pretty heavy on me.

Anyone else feeling the same?

I would pause, take a breath, and recalibrate.  You have this outside your door:

image.png.05436bad8031161b7a707801007a337e.png

I would also suggest that in light of a lot of the conversations we are having in different threads that we consider the fact that it may not be the news (content) stressing us so much as it's the news (MSM) stressing us.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1