MDKFI.jpg

became my watering hole

3dVU8.jpg

soap box derby

3SGuH.jpg

first time ive watched the nba playoffs in entirety

5j0Kt.jpg

hotel parking lot :(

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

abandoned places---

btP2W.jpg

6trqm.jpg

not so much haha

d0Tiz.jpg

NobiQ.jpg

NAME THAT MOVIE ---

DejrU.jpg

kn8LT.jpg

zhoZf.jpg

LOLWUT

BKhLf.jpg

J5ro7.jpg

l2YoF.jpg

3bM8A.jpg

cbxh3.jpg

V5Dpb.jpg

Bjtm4.jpg

faces the rails

lOhQR.jpg

i dont even

NrW9O.jpg

BVSs0.jpg

• Like 1

Virginia City is one of the oldest established communities in Nevada. Folklore indicates that the town got its name from a man named James Finney who was nicknamed "Old Virginy". Finney was credited with discovering the Comstock Lode. His real name was James Fennimore, and he had fled his home state of Virginia after killing a man.

Like many cities and towns in the state, Virginia City was a mining boomtown; it appeared virtually overnight as a result of the Comstock Lode silver strike of 1859.

During its peak, Virginia City had a population of over 15,000 residents and was called the richest city in America.[2] During the 20 years following the Comstock success "about $400 million was taken out of the ground."[3] Most of the miners who came to the city were Cornish or Irish.[4] In 1870, Asians were 7.6% of the population.[5] When the Comstock Lode ended in 1898, the city's population declined sharply.

Mining operations were hindered due to extreme temperatures in the mines caused by natural hot springs. The miners would snowshoe to work and then descend into the high temperatures. This contributed to a low life expectancy. Adolph Sutro built the Sutro Tunnel in support of the mining operations. The tunnel drained the water to the valley below (Carson City). Conceived in 1860, it was not completed until many years later, after much of the silver had been mined. From its creation in 1859 to 1875, there were five widespread fires. The 1875 fire, dubbed the Great Fire of 1875, caused $12 million in damages.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_City,_Nevada

VIRGINIA CITY: tourist trap but rad

tZSAF.jpg

VRwjp.jpg

x1s7x.jpg

CQsLR.jpg

handpainted awesomness

LEHsG.jpg

jJhrY.jpg

Dze4b.jpg

X5Pyj.jpg

CDnMt.jpg

Vut91.jpg

rare species

7Zwxd.jpg

S43p2.jpg

wMXwK.jpg

VbEVY.jpg

CSIG7.jpg

zu4se.jpg

warzi.jpg

there are tweakers everywhere. even old mining towns? this guy went into a pawn shop with some power tool in his hand. he was looking rugged.

dnulW.jpg

cant escape asian tourists

pPO8n.jpg

cmHjh.jpg

x4Yrg.jpg

walked out of this place and about a block up i found some unmarked stairs going down. thought it might me a rap letter tag spot so i checked it out.

i managed to find the only dive in virginia city, "the silver dollar". they saw the bail bond shirt, asked me who am i/what i do ... and i made some friends with some old-grimey-biker-dudes. good times and good people.

^ i thought it was cool as fuck. i would like to retire in a town like that but with no tourism

im headed back to fallon/reno at 6am tmrw for an unknown amt of time

milky/88/suki - lets get drunk

• 4 weeks later...

gEVHv.jpg

KaKkg.jpg

HemVF.jpg

VlSMO.jpg

the amount of desert trash here is crazy. dat knife

e5EQf.jpg

meth epidemic

zt62o.jpg

fuck your slots

1Clcl.jpg

Qm3yE.jpg

thats the end of the pics. gotta bunch more but not really worth lookin at. still gonna post car pics in car thread later. ive since been sent back here and so far its been about a month... looking at about 2 more weeks. ready to get out of here.....

if i can still login tmrw ill try to bang out the boston and new york trips ive been talking about posting. maybe

thanks for looking :D

found this bad ass cave and explored it. ceiling was a black with soot from fires.

buncha guano

LbUYE.jpg

QLzJk.jpg

pSPn6.jpg

wanted to hike this buyt it was triple digits outside and a long way from a hospital