⋆⋆⋆ C A N N A B I S ⋆⋆⋆

McLovin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...

Ugh. I'm having crazy pH issues right now. It's causing sever phosphorus deficiencies. I don't know what's causing it. I've tested every variable in this system. Either the city has introduced some new poison into the tap water or my pH down is bad.

Okay. After consulting with several pros about the situation I was suggested to add pool shock to my reservoir to kill what ever funky ass shit is going on in there cuz we are officially on like day 9 or 10 of this insano pH bullshit. If this shit works I'm gonna rename this strain to Pool Boy.

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

On 6/2/2024 at 6:26 PM, mr.yuck said:

Ugh. I'm having crazy pH issues right now. It's causing sever phosphorus deficiencies. I don't know what's causing it. I've tested every variable in this system. Either the city has introduced some new poison into the tap water or my pH down is bad.

Have you thought about getting s reverse osmosis water system.  Try an inexpensive one for a couple hundred bucks, grap a plant or two and feed them the RO water and see what happens. 

I mean if the culprit is some additive to city water, then that should help you opposed to have to introduce a chemical like chlorine to the plants.  

Does this makes sense?

• Like 2

This is a good and interesting read so far but believe it or not chlorine is an important micronutrient for cannabis. Something something science chemistry, off gases CO2 as a byproduct which the plants also consume. My water is fine. My real problem is a design flaw in this system as a whole. Each individual light holds about an inch of standing water in the bottoms. If the room gets to hot, it basically cooks that little bit of water along with the roots that are soaking in it. I fucked up and let the room temperature get up to 98° several days in a row. Now I'm fighting root rot. These root balls are harboring some kind of nasty bacteria that is steady throwing off the pH of the whole system.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2024 at 12:32 AM, ndv said:

Have you thought about getting s reverse osmosis water system.  Try an inexpensive one for a couple hundred bucks, grap a plant or two and feed them the RO water and see what happens. 

I mean if the culprit is some additive to city water, then that should help you opposed to have to introduce a chemical like chlorine to the plants.  

Does this makes sense?

I know @mr.yuckknows what he’s dealing with. 

however -we did only use RO water to water plants with.   But you have to add a buffer or the RO water will attach to the plant’s nutrients and rob them. 

only a straight RO flush occasionally on the vegging plant to kinda “reset” it. Nutrients get clogged on the roots and will make nutrient “lock out” and it won’t take up anymore. That’s when you’ll get your high EC. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 6/11/2024 at 1:27 AM, mr.yuck said:

This is a good and interesting read so far but believe it or not chlorine is an important micronutrient for cannabis. Something something science chemistry, off gases CO2 as a byproduct which the plants also consume. My water is fine. My real problem is a design flaw in this system as a whole. Each individual light holds about an inch of standing water in the bottoms. If the room gets to hot, it basically cooks that little bit of water along with the roots that are soaking in it. I fucked up and let the room temperature get up to 98° several days in a row. Now I'm fighting root rot. These root balls are harboring some kind of nasty bacteria that is steady throwing off the pH of the whole system.

is it possible to trim roots? 
possibly get some Zerotol runnin through? 
At a 1:200 (Zerotol:water) rate?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I know @mr.yuckknows what he’s dealing with. 

however -we did only use RO water to water plants with.   But you have to add a buffer or the RO water will attach to the plant’s nutrients and rob them. 

only a straight RO flush occasionally on the vegging plant to kinda “reset” it. Nutrients get clogged on the roots and will make nutrient “lock out” and it won’t take up anymore. That’s when you’ll get your high EC. 

So lock out can happen to all plants yeah?  I know that sounds like a stupid question but why I am asking is because it sounds like plants acclimate to water type and depending on the plant it could be good or bad, yeah?

Edit:  I ask because this sounds interesting.

Edited by ndv
  • Like 1

My biggest 'get' before I start my next run is gonna be a water chiller.

Sorry @SMdoubleXLthe root masses are too far gone to trim them up at this point. I pulled out the rotten shit I could get to last month and prayed the pool shock would handle the rest. The pool shock is at least holding things at bay. I'll be chopping these plants down in 10 more days.

• Truth 1

On 6/30/2024 at 8:39 AM, mr.yuck said:

My biggest 'get' before I start my next run is gonna be a water chiller.

Sorry @SMdoubleXLthe root masses are too far gone to trim them up at this point. I pulled out the rotten shit I could get to last month and prayed the pool shock would handle the rest. The pool shock is at least holding things at bay. I'll be chopping these plants down in 10 more days.

That chiller will be key

we learned that the first week of our first drum when it first went to veg. Ouch. 

even we when take cuts we keep our water in the fridge until right before we get to cuttin 

• Props 1

On 6/29/2024 at 9:11 PM, ndv said:

So lock out can happen to all plants yeah?  I know that sounds like a stupid question but why I am asking is because it sounds like plants acclimate to water type and depending on the plant it could be good or bad, yeah?

Edit:  I ask because this sounds interesting.

Lock out can happen to all plants. But really when you have man dumping too many nutrients in. 
yeah plants will most likely adapt but that doesn’t mean you’re going to get peak performance out of that plant. There’s ’being alive’ and then there’s ’living“ 

• Truth 1

• 3 weeks later...

These dispensary places... why my weed come in a cat food can??  And the names of all this shit is just made up.  This is Willyburg X BussinBussin, this is Bussypop3000.  WTF is that??  Packaging of everything is about as bad as McD's in terms of waste.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

On 7/20/2024 at 7:32 AM, One Man Banned said:

the names of all this shit is just made up.  This is Willyburg X BussinBussin, this is Bussypop3000.  WTF is that??

Screenshot_20240721_101818.jpg.362874bb5f7dbf73526c30f47d18c56a.jpg

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1