Which is worse? (Dysfunctional dad question.)

Bojangles

Bo - I agree with you just saying. Although it is hard to have someone 'around' you're life when they're not really 'in' it.

My dad does indeed play D&D and calls me by my moms name. I don't have a terrible father, he just never disciplined me and my mom was enough parent for the both. I don't have any issues with my dad per se. I do however have some weird kind of interest in younger girl/older guy sexual situations. My friends say it's daddy issues, but I honestly don't think it has anything to do with my dad.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

is this a competition?

anyway clearly in terms of what people think of when they think of growing up, you had a much more difficult set of circumstances to deal with.. and also, what does she care who her dad wants? why don't people just say 'regardless of how I may see this person, that guy i love wants her, so i will live and let live'

maybe that's what happens when you grow up used to having shit go your way

(and in that sense, the sense of how your dad abandoning you might have left you much better prepared to deal with the regular shit of life, maybe you had it ok in some ways.. i've always said hardship builds character)

they both suck in totally different ways that are almost apples to oranges.

your situation sucked, but it wouldn't have necessarily been any better if he was around. he might have been abusive to the both of you, which would have been much worse than if he was just gone. you had hardships but it taught you things you wouldn't have learned otherwise.

she grew up in a normal environment and now has to learn to live with a parent who no longer wants her or her kid. you went through the grieving process long ago, she's just going through it now. she might be more equipped to deal with it as an adult, but theres really no 'silver lining' to her situation. this won't teach her a lesson or make her a better person, it'll just suck. maybe not as bad as your situation, but theres also not a single good thing to come from it.

Sometimes it's good to know where you stand with people...having said that, I still think her dad is an ass clown.

And 50 is one of the more well-adjusted friends I have. She doesn't let whatever issues she may have affect the people around her.

Kill her dad's wife.

Problem solved.

THIS.

but seriously what the fuck

dude, i'd divorce her for even whining about her dad after knowing what you went through

females are fucking ridiculous

her sob story ain't shit. nothing to sob about.

Haven't read thread, only original post. Your situation = worse when circumstances are compared. Plus, your relationship with your dad can no longer change now. Hers still could.

Forgot to add, on the most simplistic level, one could say that they both suck regardless of individual circumstances. Both are painful in different ways, and on that level, you are both equal.

Your childhood sucks harder in general but her dad situation is worse.

At least you can blame shit on your dad and just think he's a shitty person.

She has to question why, after years of love and affection her father has chosen a stranger over her.

You just have to live with the fact that your mother fucked a douchebag and you were born.

by the time kids are 7 its said they have already developed most of their characteristics for life.

if she had a nice, simple childhood she's much better off than a kid who struggled through his early years.

you definitely had it rougher than your missus at least for her she was old enough to process what was happening.

Archived