GAS PRICES WHERE U LIVE?

JOEMACKSPAINTHXA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

I dunno. $55 to get a full tank in my van. Some times its $70. Not helpful.

I hear ya, gone are the days fill ups cost anything under 50.  My vovlo costs me 30-35 now.  That's 88 octane 

• Truth 1

On 7/22/2024 at 8:14 AM, T4M* said:

If anyone can go to E-85, or mixed, do it. Still better than 93.

Here is an example:

In depth:

One cool thing about Koenigsegg, you can be cruising at 100+ and jersey the wheel left and right and the cars tech keep it as stable as possible.   I guess it's something you want at 260+ mph.

5 minutes ago, T4M* said:

Can you afford 4 car payments at once? Exotic parts are no joke. Just the rubber already dropping bricks.

It's 50k to change the tires on a Bugatti.

But you're right.  Most people do not ask themselves this question, they just see they have the money to buy, and they are right.  But they do not have the extra income to own.   This is why the market is saturated with so many lambos and rarris on dupont.

• Like 1

Correct.

Even in general,  people buying normal cars don't know what they are getting themselves into.  I am a victim of this and I fixed it by going to college to get a masters degree. 

Newer modern cars have problems and from my point of view, less is better. Labor work very expensive nowadays. Not everyone can get their hands dirty,  but people need to know that when buying a car, you need a mechanic along with it.

• Truth 2

31 minutes ago, T4M* said:

Correct.

Even in general,  people buying normal cars don't know what they are getting themselves into.  I am a victim of this and I fixed it by going to college to get a masters degree. 

Newer modern cars have problems and from my point of view, less is better. Labor work very expensive nowadays. Not everyone can get their hands dirty,  but people need to know that when buying a car, you need a mechanic along with it.

I hear you.  My volvo, I didn't know half the things I know now about the car so I paid a third generation volvo mechanic to get everything up amd running properly.  Unfortunately, I paid today's market value on parts and labor, but would have never known some.part on the car were completely incorrect for the model year.  Would've just kept throwing money chasing ghosts learning the hard way.  Now I know, so I am beginning to work on it myself.  

The mdx, is a different story,  I take it to the dealer with an open pocketbook.  Get everything under the sun done on it they recommend.  The only upside to this is a piece of mind I know it will be reliable, as well as it runs like a top as it should considering since ownership all its seen was a dealer, I am very strict with the vehicle.  I even get it inspected at the dealer just for added proof how strict I am with this one.   If I ever sell it, and you see the listing FIRM, you know why.  But one car accident can total it out and it was all for nothing for the most part. 

• Truth 1

Here is between $1.57 to $2.05 a litre over the past month.

How they can justify 25% overnight price hikes not being a criminal act is beyond Me.

I shall not complain otherwise given what we pay is nothing compared to Europe from My understanding.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

16 hours ago, T4M* said:

Yall that have mechanic questions, me and the squad at the project car thread,  we got you.

I haven't been filling up lately lol. Don't know what the prices are over here.

@Mauler5150 you got it cheap atm. Your ride a gas hog ?

no man like the van is as economical as it get you'll never attempt to speed and I don't know why anyone would ever buy a car when they could have a van. Giving you know what sort of cars I have experience with saying this obviously means a lot more than coming for someone who is yet to experience the pinnacle of automotive engineering.

• Like 1