OAKLAND... BEEEEEEEIIITTCHH!

i think oakland looks like a shit hole but to be honest i liked it.

besides of course the vast amount of human feces scattered almost everywhere.

isn't it kind of difficult to find an apartment out there?

i couldn't find any free papers or classifieds.

people told me to check local store bulletin boards.

i walked into a real estate place and she asked me my price range.

i said around $2500 (way more than i would ever spend)

she said I'm sorry the cheapest place I have is $4500 a month

who the fuck would pay that amount? so we joked for 30 minutes on how ridiculous prices are in the bay

then some thizzzled mo fo in nothing but his boxer shorts and flip flops came up to me and said

yo im not gonna lie i have my 3 year old daughter in the car, my baby momma kicked me out

and i need some money. i aint even gonna lie and say im gonna buy food because im not

i needs to get high. can you help a nigga out?

i liked piedmont but admitting that might make me a yuppie i'm not sure.

i just like peets coffee and the tobacco shop on the same block sells bidis

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah this was probably a few years back and i was going to work for union pacific as a train engineer out of oakland

the lifestyle was crazy and i turned it down. this quote still stays with me.

i have a daughter that is 36 years old and i'm lucky if i have seen her 100 day of her life.

i dont even know what she likes. now that im retired i hope to find out.

Craigslist existed a few years back. Everyone advertises there because this is where that is from.

1. Dollar days at the horse track is fun.

2. A's games and Raider games are rowdy because we suck but we have a lot of chutzpah.

3. Don't do what soup did and live east of oakland or anywhere over the hill or through the tunnel. You'll get stuck out there.

4. Find out which taco trucks to go to. Verdugo can help you there. I like the after hours one in jingletown.

5. There is other cool cities around. Breweries and shit. Don't go to pyramid in berkeley it's overpriced and lame.

6. Verdugo is right about where to live.... You can also live around the lake if you got it.

7 Ruby room lights the bar on fire sometimes... It makes me happy.

Yep

lol yeah rereading that it sounds like some pervert shit.

to clarify, dude lived out of hotels for his whole working life while his daughter grew up

you get the point - :spent2:

i admit when i interviewed there i had no clue about craigslist.

i was living out of the country, this was 2006 and there was a thread on channel zero like

post the prostitutes advertising in your city from craigslist

i thought craigslist was some homo hookup website

A couple years ago I was in Boston for St. Patrick's day. After bars closed, I met some drunk student from Cali...he followed me for several blocks monologuing about how I had no idea how great the Cali buds were.

I was waiting for an opportunity to borrow any cash he might have had, but unfortunately he got into a completely random car and was getting beat on by the driver /nh before I could get to that.

oakland is overrated.

If you're a hipster, stay in north oakland. Only come to the east to eat at a taco truck.

Not true and I resent that. (Me, you and Rushawn should hang out someday. That way you two can get funny looks for hanging out with a hippie.)

There's lots to do here, lots to see and enjoy. The food/weed is good, it's not dangerous unless you act like a doofus, and SF is right there. There's cheap places in West Oakland which is kind of fucked up in spots but manageable if you get to know your neighbors. North Oakland is pretty quiet, and East Oakland is the hood (not that that's a bad thing). And there's no such thing as South Oakland.

It's my home, I have a right to be proud of it. Most of the people talking shit would probably like Oakland if they gave it a chance.

Give me a shout when you get here and we'll go do something.

South oakland is san leandro.

It aspires to be but we all know the truth.

Okay, NBB....there's going to be a show in West Oakland tomorrow, so if you want to go I'll send you the details. Now you can't say I didn't invite you out here.