NHL 10-11 SEASON

freighthunter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

word i agree with yinz, we played espn last year and that was so much better then yahoo, we played yahoo for 2 years and when we switched to espn last year it was so much better.

tried to prop everyone in here, got a good chunk of people, will get the rest of you guys tomorrow.

been steady playin NHL10 all day today, about to go into the playoffs on my pro, playin for the blackhawks, almost got traded because i got lazy late last year and simm'd a bunch of games, but now im back on top of the scorers list, points list and team is number 1 in the divison.

i have yet to talk shit about any other team at all. the only other canadian team i dont like is calgary, and thats only because i lived there the last 4 years for work and went to all the canuucks road games in the saddledome. calgary fans are the absolute worst.

@tt did you ever go see tex?

no, i found a wicked shop in edmonton ive been going to. none of the dudes have the attitude the calgary guys seem to have. but ill get something from him someday. i have a lot to get finished first.

haha calgary fans at the saddle dome do suck, theyre all corpoprate seats, and fairweather fans. now that the city is broke its a lot better. less bandwagon fans. but calgary wont do shit this year.

i went to one canucks homegame and it seemed exactly the same, yaletown yuppies eating sushi, and a bunch of corporate types who could care less, but i know most of the real fans cant afford the 200 tickets and 9.50 beers.

canada could easily get another team, there arent many us cities who would want one, or could support one, maybe portland or seattle. but its only a matter of time before places like nashville, atlanta, tampa and carolina get bored with the whole hockey thing and these teams fold. look at phoenix. 2 more seasons tops. bettman wont give it to basillie because it wasnt his idea. thats the only reason.

chicago dumped like their who team! no way they can repeat!

yeah T.T.

i give it like 3-5 more years before all southern states / cities loose their interest in hockey especially if none of them make the playoffs, or even make it close, and the teams all start moving north, i think MAINE, VERMONT, NEW HAMPSHIRE and CONNECTICUT would all support teams, bring back the hartford whailers in CT :lol:, RHODE ISLAND would even support a NHL team maybe, since the bruins AHL team is in providence.

i think the only team that will maybe survive in the southern states would be florida panthers,

oh and the predators seeing as how they had an awesome run last year and they made it into the playoffs i'm sure lots more people will be hopping on the predator bandwagon in nashville this year, and many years to come if they keep it up and make it to the playoffs atleast every other year.

if no one has made it by tomorrow afternoon i shall make it.

but dont take this as an invite to not make it if you were gonna originally before you saw this post.

and if you do make it, make sure the draft is a live one so we can get the majority of people pickin their shit live and everyone talking shit and gettin UMAD like we did last year, that was fun and funny.

I started one on espn. Heres the league info. I havent done one through espn, so if you want to change anything go ahead and do it. How do we do the draft??? Getting everyone on for 2 hours (?) at the same time might be difficult

BASIC SETTINGS

League Name

12 OZ

Number of Teams 12

Scoring Type Rotisserie

Format League Manager

Make League Viewable to Public

Yes

oh shit kobeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

whats good dude, been a while, what happened to the old name?

and mo, did you play last year?

we selected a date and time ALMOST everyone could make it.

the people who couldn't make it had their people they wanted to draft already pre-selected so that when it was their turn in the draft it would auto pick for them, and they were advised to pick a ton of people, and everyone who is there gets to sit in a chat room and talk shit/cry about how they wanted to get a certain person and someone stole em right before their turn.

and the selection for who picks in what spot is random, or i think everyone rolls or some weird shit, but i believe it is random.

also i believe last year we were done with the draft in under 30-45 minutes.

but like 4 of us hung out for a bit after it was over and chatted about our picks, and trades people might be willing to make, and other random hockey shit.

all in all it was a good time, as every f.hockey season is.

if the league creator of last time logs into espn you can reactivate the old league... might be easier

true, but he already said he didn't wanna be the runner of the league this year.

and yeah, snowbirds will keep the panthers alive, but what about the lightning? enough snowbirds to keep them alive as well?

i agree with you about moving phoenix and atlanta.

it'd give canada back two teams, and then they might have a shot of brining a stanely cup back to canada. :lol:

so only 4 more hours left, for the NHL to decide if they want to approve that ilya kovalchuk 15 year 100m deal.

chelios finally calls it quits (lets hope he's not the hockey farve and comes back) sad to see him go.

but dude had a outrageous career and will always be remembered.

oh, and if the bruins let savard go, i'm gonna disown the bruins.