GREY PVC

Guest L.RonHubbard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: GREY and the use of his style by other writers

Dude, skating and graff are like brothers seperated at birth. They are both about the same thing, freedom. They both take an incredible amount of practice and dedication, both are incredibly fun and both are prone to being very repetitive. Lots of skaters looks the same out there, and so do lots of writers. Lots of skaters are really sloppy, so are lots of writers. Lots of skaters can bust out big stuff, and lots of writers can bust out big pieces. But lots of skaters can't push, and a lot of writers can't tag.

Both have a great history to them, and if you like old school videos you should check out some of the H-Street STuff, or Plan B. Second hand smoke is still one of my favorites. The old Thrasher Skate and Destroy videos, pure style. Brian Lotti, Tommy Guerro, Lance Mountain, Mike Carrol, Rick Howard.

If you go youtube you can find a lot of old footage.

• 2 weeks later...

muska writes dun he. he did that skull char on that cadillac on 411 the muska issue. and he painted the shortys park didnt he. a few of them shortys guys used to write i think..

Wow...

I just read through all 8 pages of this thread. Although an old topic, shit was interesting at first and then it slowly progressed into Seeking's skateboarding thread which I know nothing about. Well, aside from <- + X = hardflip. Anyway, to refrain myself from repeating what the other folks have said in the past, that last Grey piece is fresh. Even the Kema piece still looks fresh with 3/4 of the piece missing. And I didn't even know it snows (snowed?) in that part of the U.S.

The 5th element of hip-hops probably made it possible,

-J.

We should look at the graffiti revolution as a large movement rather than as individual writers. Everyone, as been said before, is influenced by others. People will bite, then they'll add their own flare to that style and it'll evolve some more, then people will bite that and add a tiny element, then people will take that......etc etc, the evolution continues. Its like anything....the evolution of the human species as a whole, culture, and even biology, and the fact we walk upright. Influence aka biting is how anything evolves. It's natural and even good for the overall progression of anything. Look at skateboarding, music, modern art, architecture.

Just because taking heavy influence or biting is accepted in other persuits does not neccisarily mean its appropriate for graffiti.

Graffiti is a completley new approach to art and therfore can, if the contributors that make up the artform choose so, take a completley new direction interms of what is appropriate and what deserves merit.

If something works in one context this does not mean it can be modified or improved for another context. 'THIS is natural and even good for the progression of anything.'

i love those bubbly throwies...

there's some new style that cats are doin and i fuckin hate it...it's a sloppy mix of bubble letters with square looking serifs...

that shit looks mad fucked....

• 1 month later...

:ATTENTION: This message is intended for all style biters. If you don't have the skill to draw and or paint your own ideas, then you have no business in the graffiti art scene. People who are good enough to actually draw and paint their own ideas and words ar the one's who belong. I mean no disrespect, I'm just speaking what I feel. Please, if you are currently biting style, or plan on biting style, don't be a part of the graffiti art scene. :No Disrespect Is Meant By This Message:

• 8 months later...

geso dosnt do that shit anymore hes got new shit that is way dope and he dropped that style cause of the bites from sigh and people like that...look in the ibd thread..and his shit is totaly original and kinda space out and looks dope..hes got his own thing going on for shure.

:ATTENTION: This message is intended for all style biters. If you don't have the skill to draw and or paint your own ideas, then you have no business in the graffiti art scene. People who are good enough to actually draw and paint their own ideas and words ar the one's who belong. I mean no disrespect, I'm just speaking what I feel. Please, if you are currently biting style, or plan on biting style, don't be a part of the graffiti art scene. :No Disrespect Is Meant By This Message:

"GRAFFITI ART SCENE"

puke_029.jpg

You got to give it to geso. pushing the limits w/ those cars.

geso dosnt do that shit anymore hes got new shit that is way dope and he dropped that style cause of the bites from sigh and people like that...look in the ibd thread..and his shit is totaly original and kinda space out and looks dope..hes got his own thing going on for shure.

Why the fuck would you bump this back?

Archived