GREY PVC

Guest L.RonHubbard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by L.RonHubbard

seeking watch yourself now, your about to become a member of the ten thousand post club

shit and im trying to break 1000...

yeah bullets were fast..hence the clever name...it was like i was shot out of a gun dippin 85mph down Baldie after a sick session at the pipeline back in like 88...t bones came later but i wont like i had those big ass shits in red..man that rim comment had me "loling" if you will

lets switch it up now to the basicly wraping candle wax or a sink washer around the bearing...the smallest shits i have ever seen is the Dunkin Minies or the Gizmos by World(sma back then)..man that shit was haggard...

im about to become the ONLY member of the ten thousand club.... this is what happens when corporate america pays you to sit on the internet for 8 hours a day.

yo, i had a set of those dunkin minis. absolutely retarded. the wheels i have now are pretty damn small cause i've had them since 96.... shows how much i still skate...

when did they come out with all these truck companies? back in the day there was like indy, tracker and then venture came along... now there's like fucking 8 companies.... thats too many to chose from. call me old school but im rockin indys till im not rocking anymore...

YEAH I STILL ROCK INDY BUT WHEN I WAS ON (said company) THEY WOULD GIVE ME ONLY VENTURE...SO FOR A WHILE I WAS ON THOSE SHITS BUT THE AXIL SLIPPED ALOT SO FUCK THAT... tracker made those dumb plastic ones too..those were worth a shit if you were a "hardcore shreader"... and mr. fr8aholic...im as clean as they come so fuck a dirt..im down as fuck with soap

im sayin fr8o... you cant skate all day and all night in 100 degree weather, not shower and still expect to get girls... ive always had my priorities in order...

tracker 'ultra lights' yeah, those things were a fucking joke. either you broke the base or you ripped the king pin right out of it.

bump for wheels so big you had to rock 1inch risers just so you could roll...

what about those new shits with the bigfoot tires...ive been gasin fools on those gay things for a while now...i was expecting they would be entered in some espn "extreme" event but they faded now(hopefully) my stick gots a flat man i cant ride today...

i remember seeing an ad for those things in thrasher or something probably ten years ago or so... had a picture of some guy riding down a grassy hill in a park... i agree, gay as shit. but

i see them on espn recently. some dude was just fucking himself up trying to ride one out in the mohave desert, or wherever it is all the mountain bike people go.... dude kept slamming on the fucking rocks. it was pretty funny...

i wish it would be spring already so i could do my 'yo im gonna start skating again this year' session, then put the board back in the closet for another 12...

Originally posted by seeking innocence

i wish it would be spring already so i could do my 'yo im gonna start skating again this year' session, then put the board back in the closet for another 12...

hahah my old ass does that. i do a few 360 flips and a rail, bust my ass a few and then put it away...i just dont have the patience anymore...but doing a rail still gets you chicks!!!

im glad people have realized the depth and complexity of our conversation and have not tried to intervene with that silly "graff yo"...although skateboarding was almost a element at one time....

see, as far as skating is concerned, i fucking blow. i always have... but i always had fun, so thats what i cared about. for me it was about skating in some bank parkinglot at 4 in the morning on summer nights... i didnt care that i spent all night long doing rail slides and kick flips, cause it was fun. when i try and go out again, its still fun, i just have so much other shit that winds up taking precident over skating. i need to live in a big city again so i can just skate to the store and back... even that would make me happy.

even a bad discussion about skating is far more productive than just about discussion about graffiti.

remember when people were BITING skate styles?

like matt hensley with his mid-trick inflated cheeks. actually matt hensley was the most bitten skater. Shaved head, chain wallet, black socks, ghetto wear shorts, and a white t-shirt. 1990 clones.

Jason lee with his arm-in-a-sling style (not actualy wearing a sling, but in sling position) which was because he broke his arm so many times but kids bit that shit for no reason and skated around with thier arm held up to thier chest. jason lee is my favorite skater. plus he is dope cause he is a famous actor now.

then there was the famous world industries invention of breaking boards on purpose, after jeremy klein focused rodney mullens board on camera there was session without someone jumping on thier board and breaking it, man what a lucrative trend for steve rocco!

i must confess, most of my interests stemmed from skating. i started thinking graffiti was cool after Neal Blender stopped his run and spray painted his board logo on the wallride wall in the Streetstyle in Tempe contest (1987).

jeremy klein using super mario brothers music for his part in rubbish heap formed alot of my music making ideas and got me addicted to the arcade sound.

i still skate when i have that type of energy, which i have to admit isn't very often. it goes in clusters with me. like one month out of every 6 i will skate like every day, then pretty much stop for another 6.

Guest GoBiloe

are there any nyc skateboarders up in this piece? with all the filthy slush on the ground i was wondering if there's an indoor park around, maybe in williamsburg or something. i don't know the skate scene here yet. anyone?

I am looking for a set of the copers you bolted on the trucks and could grind for days.That shit was fun. And how is it that skating got to where it is now? I am tripped out by it..I guess age comes into play, but there are randoms telling me to do a kickflip as I skate to the bar...What is that?

Everyone bit off Hensley...the chain wallet...everyone had one. Military shorts...But his part in Hokus Pokus still is an amazing part.

I remember Streetstyle in Tempe...that was a good contest. Wallride handplants galore.

And there is still a great feeling in just rolling.

Gonz in video days sums it all up perfectly...

and not all dirts get no love...shit, I got plenty....ha ha.

im pretty out of the 'loop' now a days, but im told there is a growing trend called 'old school' where people just do bonelesses and acid drops and and all the old school tricks alot of us gew up on. thats dope to me, cause i'll be perfectly honest, theres no chance in hell i can do a switchstance 360 flip to nose blunt slide, late shove it. its just not happening. but you give me a long curb lubed up with some 'mr. zogs sex wax(!!)' and i'll slide it all damn day long....

WOW the thought that mr 16vees put into his responce was impeccable...i mean seeking and i did not enter that relm but god damn it was on point. you left out a few

1. the NEW DEAL jeans. size fucking huge! these were a trend for a while and came in some nasty ass colors..red, green etc. this was the PINICLE of big ass shit. i guess you could group mabye the blind jeans and planb's too. this again was lucrative for rocco cuz all he did was get a heap load of used jeans, ripped the bottoms and stitched a logo on there and bamb..millions

2.air walk enigmas. the olive and kaki ones. rick howard made those shits huge!!!

3. random ones get groupd here for the fuck of it...the odd numbers(band). shoe goo, red skate shoes, double tails, cut jeans at the bottom, when world shirts made em in those BOB sizes on the tag..to me that was the peak of there t shirt sales and graffic infringment days....the best. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT>>now there was a trend...

and oh shit the dr zogs sex wax..i would rack that all day from ron jons!

Originally posted by chester copperpot

i was thinking about it and do have to give credit to amaze for some of those piece/throwup combinations, he was one of the first i saw doing that - and thinking back, chase uca was probably the first guy i remember seeing pulling out some full-out 70's looking stuff in sf, mid 97 sometime. cycle too maybe. but uh, what do i know, ive seen everything everyones done ever and know. just like you guys.

GHOST RIS WAS DOING THE "PIECE/THROWUP COMBINATIONS" AS FAR BACK AS 85(HE WAS HITTING TRAINS EARLIER THAN THAT.PROBABLY SINCE 81)

I think my mentor, AGREE (who also kicked down Grey a lot of knowledge) has a lot to do with the evolution of that style. He showed us a lot of flics by Reas, Sent, Web, and others. Mostly COD and AOK stuff. To me, that stuff is still the best. The main point I'd make is that Agree set down some standards and pushed us to develop our styles from there. He also emphasized the importance of bombing, as well as piecing. A piece done at night illegally is always better than some bullshit rocked over a 3-day period with sandwiches, beers, and an audience of toys. The bombing mentality will push your style to evolve. I'm still trying to learn some of the things Agree was trying to get across, and I'll bet Grey is doing the same thing.

On a side note, if a person's style is getting ripped off by everybody, it can become one of the basic schools of style (like 3-D, NY old school, LA gangster stuff, etc.). I think if a writer's style has that much influence, they have achieved "legendary" status. Examples: Dondi, Erni, Sento, Reas, Seen, T-Kid. Some folks I think are on their way: Joker, Daim, Bates, Twist, Revok, Can2.

Now go write on some shit...

GIANT - BA, Skullz

Guest blood as ink
Originally posted by IHATEU

bombin to the store on my board is hella fun but it gets tedious when one purchases 2lieters and gallons of beverage and eggs...

i fell doing that once...broke open a gallon of milk and crunched a can in my jacket pocket...messy and not fun...damn those random objects laying around the street that you don't see until it's too late.

yeah, i wasnt really talking about doing the weekly shopping, i was more thinking 'hey, im out of cigarettes/beer/nachos/fried chicken etc'

nothing sucks harder than hitting a tiny pebble and flying ten feet through the air, then landing on your head and shoulder... that shit is 'gay' for sure...

i used to have a bunch of the new deal pants (big deals)... green, orange, blue, tan, burgundy, black.... somehow, it didnt seem so ridiculous in 1992. almost like a 'good idea' even...

yeah. new deal jeans. i had a green pair that i think i wore for 3 months every single day. that shit was odd. the fucked up thing is that i actually got away with mad racking wearing huge pants, a crooked hat, and multi colored hair, and some stupid baggy tshirt.

remember the trend to see how small you could possibly get you wheels!? like people would literally wear them to the bearing.

z rollers son. you can't fuck with the coper/lapper combo on some nice pvc coping. wouldn't want to mess up those trucks now. what. don't make me bust out my rip grip cause this nosebone just ain't cutting it and i got a rip in my fingerless 2tone smith gloves.

um if you are all going to try and fit in to our convo can you please try to keep up...SMALL WHEELS was so page 5...yeah i had some "big deals" and i too racked..decks to be honest. i think it wsa easy back then cuz the trend was yet to be associated with holigans and what not so store owners i think just said"ah dumb kid" and not punk ass shop lifter...and then here comes Mr. skull totaly missing the topic at hand and going into that dumb grey talk...gheez

uh ok trend........huuuuuum...double tails. like the vallely and the vision that both droped...oh and hahahah how about those idiotic stick on "ribs" you do one slide and the either get all ripped off or you slide a grove right into em cuz they were as thick as a peice of gum, no joke

Originally posted by IHATEU

how about those idiotic stick on "ribs" you do one slide and the either get all ripped off or you slide a grove right into em cuz they were as thick as a peice of gum, no joke

ribs? u mean the plastic rails? they were big in the 80's and made a small comeback in 95/96(well, cab was using em, but i can't remember many others using em). is that what ur talking about?

those schmitt stick ribs...they were round like, right? yeah those things sucked.The indy copers were crap too, you would do a 50/50 stall and they would jusat shatter.What about Boneite...construction paper in place of wood to make boards lighter..or to make powell more money..hmm...

I was all about Useless Wodden Toys when that flick came out...Chris Hall with Super Tech, Armando Barajas with nollies and switch.

Damn..I am going skating today.

Archived