GREY PVC

Guest L.RonHubbard

not sure if this was a wide spread thing, but as far as biting styles... alot of kids were biting mike carols stance... how he held his arms out, and bent, like bats wings or something. i cant describe it, but everyone here was doing it for a while.

cutting the back pantleg (pumping foot) shorter than the front, so it wouldnt get caught in your wheels. cutting down the tops of your cabs, to make half cabs... getting the same sheos as your boy, different colors, then trading one (this was stictly late 80's, early 90's)...

i cant believe no one has touched on this shit yet.... probably the biggest trend ever to roll on 4 wheels.... "skater bangs"... comeone, dont front, i know i wasnt the only one... i was still rocking that style into 93....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by seeking innocence

...getting the same sheos as your boy, different colors, then trading one (this was stictly late 80's, early 90's)...

i cant believe no one has touched on this shit yet.... probably the biggest trend ever to roll on 4 wheels.... "skater bangs"... comeone, dont front, i know i wasnt the only one... i was still rocking that style into 93....

Damn, you had to go and bring those up. That's terrible. I'm going to have nightmares now.

We did the thing with the shoes. We all rocked the same shoes for like 3 years, first the original Air Jordans and then Adidas Decades. Both discontinued styles, so they were like 15-25 bucks a piece. The Decades came in like 19 different color combos so we switched those up. The gold and reds were mighty nasty.

damn i missed out on the whole shoe thing and i lost the "halk" bangs early too in like 90...i hear you on the carrol stance but still hensley was the most bit...and come on people i know what the fuck ribs are im not talking about the thick screw on ones that hella companies made...these fuckers were stick on shits...come on 16v help a nigga out...i think vision made em or block head...BUT OH SHIT THE CUTTING OF THE CAB...fuck i cant belive i did not call it...i did the ole cut the tounge out of the old sneaker and stuff it in the new one for added comfort and to kick your new tounge out the box...

did you ever turn your bolts udside down..the front two, in hopes of helping you get higher ollies..instead you got torn shoes and bloody feet.

The first air jordans..at copelands..2 pair for 35$. Now, what about drawing on grip tape with paint pens. And luckiily I was never a victim of the One Eye hair syndrome....bad, bad,,,bad.

Originally posted by cleansheets

did you ever turn your bolts udside down..the front two, in hopes of helping you get higher ollies..instead you got torn shoes and bloody feet.

The first air jordans..at copelands..2 pair for 35$. Now, what about drawing on grip tape with paint pens. And luckiily I was never a victim of the One Eye hair syndrome....bad, bad,,,bad.

Yep, that trick tore shoes to shreds and didn't help at all. Didn't last long with that one. Drawing on grip? I still have a deck I pieced on with paint markers in like 1988. The second natas deck I owned. The first natas I had about a 1.5 inch nose. I look at boards now and think about that thing. Kids would cry looking at that board now.

for real, i dont even know how we could skate back then... not only did they have no nose, but they were thick as shit and had very little concave.... remember when they started having crazy big tails? like, super concave just at the tail, so it goes from flat, to like 45 degree angle in 2 inches....

i never had one, but i know every one of you found yourself at toys r us smashing them into shit, wondering how the fuck you could ever ride on one: nash dozers! these things just screamed 'break my ankle.'

while were on the subject, does anyone remember the name of ron allens band, and the two songs that were in the life video (i think it was soldiers story)? ive been trying to find them for ever...

yo ihateu, those were called Z-SKINZ they came in little rails and whole sheets.

i remember Giant had a cut-your-own deck stained blue, and a picture of lennon (the communist, not the beatle) painted on the bottom, then a Z-skins sheet over that. the Z-skins bubbles up instantly.

another good one was rip grip. this shit had no function other than looking cool (it was foam with sticky backing supposed to provide grip). i had a dogtown eric dressen and i left 3 inches un gripped on the nose with a square of rip grip where the grip tape was missing. this was after seeing eric dressen do it in a video.

indy copers did shatter instantly yes. tracker trucks with lock in copers were the shit though. i remember how dope it looked with the litle round tracker with a star sticker stuck on the coper.

thank god some one knew that zrail shit!...and that rip grip was haggard..my ass had it though...boy oh boy did it help me(to look like a fucking queer) what the hell did one need that for, its not like you pulled a grap for more than a few seconds, so i guess it helped you hold your board like a poser and walk that shit down the street...and fuck copers..real niggaz just knew how to grind with out the help of some slick plastic...

ron allens band wasnt SWAT, they were a rap group... allen had a band.. they had a strange name, something girlish, buy not girly... similar to 'janes addiction' but not... someone must have that video lying around.

dude, you needed the rip grip at the nose of your board so you wouldnt tear your fingers up doing 'no complys' over curbs.

how about putting stickers on the top of your deck, then covering them wtih clear grip tape? dont lie, you know you did it. that shit was fucking brutal. sooo coarse.

when fly paper came out with the little di-cut flys, so youd strategicly remove just one of the flys so you knew which was the nose and which was the tail...

Guest Agt. Adopus
Originally posted by remote

founder of the cult.. uh uh, i mean "religion" scientology. also wrote the book dianetics. john travolta is one of many hollywood type followers/supporters of scientology.

Yeah I there is some guy in my neiborhood whos into that shit allegedly... He's a fucking creep, I don't know to much about scientology though.

ok..I now remember the Zrails thing..another gimmick..more like a precurser to the everslick...those were fun..except that first railslide on a 2 inch thick waxed red curb...had a few bails like that.

Clear grip tape was super chunky..yeah, the slimballs stickers underneath. I still have rip grip..unused..useful for nothing.

...and I am gonna go watch video days...

Guest KING OF HELL

talk about kids ripping off hensley. i never saw so many retards who all of a sudden needed chan wallets and HAD to skate in low Docs.

matter of fact that whole H street shit got bit to shreds. "shackle me not" was like a hot video for kids back then.

i think the only thing that got bit as much as that was the whole EMB thing.

Originally posted by seeking innocence

ron allens band wasnt SWAT, they were a rap group...

how about putting stickers on the top of your deck, then covering them wtih clear grip tape? dont lie, you know you did it. that shit was fucking brutal. sooo coarse.

when fly paper came out with the little di-cut flys, so youd strategicly remove just one of the flys so you knew which was the nose and which was the tail...

yeah swat was rap..fuck...yeah the clear grip was hot...but fly papes was secondary to the H-street grip with the squares.....

best video ever..PLAN B questionable....fuck making a new topic, it goes here

i just watched questionable the other night. one of the few videos i still have. original copy too.

i also have world industries 'love child', which i never hear anyone talk about, but its one of my favorite videos ever. it was right before everything went switchstance and down 14 stairs, so it was still doable for your average guy... dope soundtrack too.

im saying, im in charge here and i say we keep talking about skating in the grey thread. its kind of like when they tear down a crack house and put up a garden....

Originally posted by slimeball

That was the peak of huge pants and little wheels. Everybody in that video was doing the most rediculous shit, like pressure flip bluntslides on little red curbs!

DUDE SERIOUSLY WEIRD...i watched love child tonight..all those little ill as chinese kids are good....dawon, forget about it! so ill....word on my man Castillo too..shiloh was so damn smooth in that shit too...fuck..and it was one of the last videos shot in the Powell warehouse...i bet none of you went there...siiiiiiiiiiick shit back in the day..parks that ill are rare even to this day...

I got to sk8 powell...a few times..super sick spot..I got skate it with Kit Ercison RIP, and Russ Pope was there from Small Room..remember that company?,,Anyhow..that place was so fun..the huge vert wall thing..

ther pyramid was perfect...the roll in...ahh...the good old days..

Tim and Henry was a video that still kills today. If any of you get a chance, get the In Memory of Phil Shao video..it is a chronicle of 8 or so years of footage...and it is rad...it reminds me of why I skate...it gave me back the fire..of just pushin fast..doing ollies..and having a damn good time.good soundtrack too.....you can get it thru thrasher.

Umm...what about judo airs, airwalks on flat, and the one foot craze? One of my favorite trick was the nosebonk...one foot, 180 out, tailgrab...bring em back.

I don't think world industries would be too stoked on my copy of love child. It's a blank tape with like five different videos on it. Did anybody see that random footage of a guy doing an airwalk down the love park gap? Fucking incredible. As far as Christ Airs go, I was at the park the other day and one of the local rippers was trying one over our pyramid. It was funny as hell but equally crazy.

ill give some one "mad props yo" for naming the first skater to do the Love park set...it was in thrasher and dude got paid for it. he was pro but no longer is now...and i dont get why world is looking for love child. what kind of company dont keep at least a copy or the roughs..thats gotta be bullshit...

Archived