GREY PVC

Guest L.RonHubbard

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I know is Brian Wenning does a switch backside 180 down it in the new Slap..it is insane...gnar dog.

Nanda Zipper was a ripper. A few favorites from days gone by..

Scott Oster, FFej, Dressen, Cards, Stranger, Lotti...remember how innovative he was?...Anyhow...talking about skating is a bit refreshing versus who is style king of graff with kids who try and say ghost is weak....I retire now...Back to golf and tennis.Where is Drake Jones?

yeah drake disappeared. he was cool i remember back in the day when i used to sleep at embarcadero and there would be about 6 other kids sleeping there. jamie thomas slept there every night and couldnt get amature sponsored, REAL was giving him the run around flowing him like ONE DECK a month- man he couldnt get on a team.. he would do the gonz every morning barefoot.

i bet the team manager of REAL feels pretty dumb now.

16v. <3 SF!!!

Originally posted by IHATEU

ill give some one "mad props yo" for naming the first skater to do the Love park set...it was in thrasher and dude got paid for it. he was pro but no longer is now...and i dont get why world is looking for love child. what kind of company dont keep at least a copy or the roughs..thats gotta be bullshit...

Vinnie Ponte

How about Frankie Hill -- the original Jamie Thomas. Last I heard he was on Consolidated and actually still alive.

Or does anyone remember the episode of Skate TV on Nickelodeon (that show hosted by the guy from Scream who looks like Rick Howard) with Guy Mariano on it? Someone knocks on Guy's door and he opens it, looking about 11 years old. They hit the sidewalks and tore it up. Guy is dope.

Hokus Pokus is just untouchable. The Plan B videos are classic too, but Hokus is simply that real shit.

Originally posted by Unregistered

Vinnie Ponte

OH SHIT.........i wish there was a way to hook a nigga up with out giviging away my location...i was there, that shit was siiiiiiiiick...took him three tries and alot of pushing....that kid is a down ass mother fucker...and word on hokus...

Originally posted by IHATEU

OH SHIT.........i wish there was a way to hook a nigga up with out giviging away my location...i was there, that shit was siiiiiiiiick...took him three tries and alot of pushing....that kid is a down ass mother fucker...and word on hokus...

I met Ponte at the Brooklyn Banks once. He was looking hagard as fuck but still ripping. Definitely a raw cat -- a street skater to the core.

Guest professor poopatronic

i just watched Questionable today. it reallt bugs me that i was too young to be in on that era of skating, seems like it was a lot of fun back then.

DOes it mean

that the style you tryed yall to describe was like a preacher flip ?

i think i miss the gap between it..after thiz is also crazy how you can get a positive echo from the mass when you str8 bite a style then you are burned out so meet the originator and probably pay him for his flight and hotel.. By the way it seems that they did it not only for style originator but magazine co-ordinator (really Mr The law??)..First you will arguiing about im no properly writing shit but ill be glad you check the new XG magazine (yeah once again as a matter of fact a french edition again!!) then everything will be even brighter...

I finally understand why it end about skateboarding,its just cos of the company,, whats the name again nine yards? like the one they never hitted in Paris...

No im not a jealous head but how do you feel print in book w/ a throwie nor a style (revok-Alike one) that is not yours...

Damn crazy toyz thinking they're hardcore.

Re: To be honest

Originally posted by Nic Thamaire

Is there any pro skater that have a decent handstyle or simple?

(Bam Maguera????? for Shortys hahaha !!!)

Or any Well known writer who turned to be a pro skater?

to get back to the topic at hand... I imagine there are at least a few examples of well-known writers/ pros. I mean, at one point in the 90s it seemed like every new writer in boston was some kid that got introduced to graf through skating. Out of that crowd I can think of at least one that was up, had some skills and was also a pro skater. That's boston. NYC must have a million of 'em.

On this, I first heard about VULCAN in a freestyle bike magazine. Something along the lines of "We've been hearing stories of a NYC graffiti legend named VULCAN doing 10 foot airs, blah, blah, blah." This was like 1985 or something when any coverage of anything "back east" was wrapped up in the veil of rumor.

Archived