Surf/Garage/Psych Awesome Thread Full of Great

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was fun.

6173872840_194a77541a_b.jpg

Gonerfest 8 by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

That is all.........

Does this happen every year? I wish I would have known about it in advance, I would have gone for sure. I fucking love Memphis, was there this past May and had a blast. I'm thinking about going back in two weeks, anything good happening the 23rd through the 29th?

Oh, and nice pictures!

• Like 1

Every year.

We got "Man or Astro Man" on the 13th. Pretty excited about that. Im a sucker for sci-fi influenced garage-punk. Im sure your familiar but..............

Theramins. Motherfucking Theramins.

Speaking of sci-fi influenced shit everyone should listen to DEVO. A lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCpxSzacbyc&feature=related

I came into this world in 1983 because i heard Devo and The Ramones where playing.

This is the first concert I ever went to......

5793720267_76da501094_b.jpg

Flyer for the first concert i ever went to. by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

but I digress..........

Stay till the 30th. Jacuzzi Boys are playing.

Anyway theres always somebody playin at Murphys or The Buccaneer usually garage/punk shit. Hit me up if you make it to Memphis, Ill buy you a beer and we'll go see some goddamn rock' n roll'.

And heres some flyers from shows from last year. The imagine bullshit is my girls doin'...

5318615810_081a3c9859_b.jpg

Show Posters and Flyers From 2010 (AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE RECORD) by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

Listen to Hans Condor. Solid RockNRoll outfit from Nashville.

5814247064_ca304e6964_b.jpg

Hans Condor by

_:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

Oh yeah! I havent had anywhere to post these where people will appreciate them.....

6165339354_10010f6835_b.jpg

MOJO NIXON FOR PRESIDENT. by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

6165338944_faae955d72_b.jpg

MOJO MOTHERFUCKIN' NIXON! by _:MemphisOrDie:_, on Flickr

Fuck The Eagles.

That is all.

and shai - i didn't go to mod lang. i'll check it out this weekend. if they dont have it i'll just buy that shit online.

stupid f'n record stores.

1234go did have a used goatsnake record. so i got that along with a couple oblivians and jon spencer blues explosion 45's.

also, i learned over the weekend that a friend of mine has original pressings of several of the beatles lp's. she got them through hand me down.

bitch.

Shannon And the Clams where Rad as fuck. I missed Nobunny they must've played a day show. I've heard good things though. Super glad they where psyched to come through....

If any of you dirtbags ever wanna visit the " Birthplace of Rock N Roll and the home of the Blues" hit me up. You can crash on my couch. But if you steal my shit ill shoot you. This is Memphis, we all got guns.

In fact I just got me another $1000 single wide mobile home to add to my summer home/ apocalypse compound in North Mississippi. We can catch catfish and blow shit up with shotguns and whatnot.

That Mojo shit cleared the Shell out that night :lol: families were jetting out of that place the minute he dropped the "pussy bomb."

MemphisOrDie, why are you at every show in Memphis that I'm at and i never catch you?

& Freighty .... Memphis is a great spot for things to do, they're just not in the mainstream. People dog Memphis for crime -which is has a very fair share of- but this city is rich in culture and music. It'll never get the recognition it deserves.

Nobunny and The Clams have played a few house shows here. It wouldn't fly now.

ILB, there's a show at Sugar Mountain (West Oakland) this Friday you might want to check out. PM me for details, or look it up on the list.

Oh yeah...I've been meaning to mention this-

A couple friends of mine run an info line (510-BAD-SMUT) for shows and events in the East Bay and SF. It's a good resource to know about.

Anyone into Wild Flag?

This shit rocks!

From Merge Records :

"Wild Flag is a Portland, Oregon- and Washington, DC-based quartet consisting of Carrie Brownstein, Rebecca Cole, Mary Timony, and Janet Weiss. The members of Wild Flag have played in numerous and notable bands including Sleater-Kinney, Helium, Quasi, The Minders, Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks, and others."

Been on steady rotation all day, definitely going to at least one east coast date this month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLK-gO0z1iY

Nobunny and The Clams have played a few house shows here. It wouldn't fly now.

ILB, there's a show at Sugar Mountain (West Oakland) this Friday you might want to check out. PM me for details, or look it up on the list.

Oh yeah...I've been meaning to mention this-

A couple friends of mine run an info line (510-BAD-SMUT) for shows and events in the East Bay and SF. It's a good resource to know about.

i wish i could, but i have to do some crap with the lady for birthdays and all that.

let me know when you go to shows though, i'll do what i can to meet you at a couple.

Something came up so I'm not going to make it to that but I'll keep you posted. With the weather changing, things are heating up/headed indoors so there will be plenty of fun stuff coming up over the next couple months.

Keep an eye on the Uptown, they've been booking good bands lately.