ARCHITECTURE

b.hussein

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently loving the Google Earth, especially the 3D buildings, they are mostly low tech and load quickly on my computer. There are lots of pics and great history of some of the lesser known/older architectural work. I'm pretty much fascinated by the Chicago guys, that was a very synergistic time for all of civil engineering and architecture.

I like architecture. Mostly since time my dad and I cleaned out this old vacant house when I was 12. It was either a F. L. Wright original, or someone really wanted someone to think that it was, however it was left to rot for many years, full of mold. I remember some moldy elephant skin wall hangings that we trashed. Someone bought it and kind of kept it in stasis for a while, but they passed away and their relatives have come in and refurbed it somewhat, a touch of the character has definitely been lost. It's way too small and has zero yard space, but I would totally still buy it. That's a piece of history, it's way more important than things like my stuff or my comfort.

• 2 weeks later...

LOUIS KAHN's SALK INSTITUTE!! YESSSSSS oh concrete goodness. I tells you this thread needs more of that and fewer gay skyscrapers. The one above it I'm not familiar with and looks like neoplasticism's retarded cousin.

1260973148-maxxi-rome-zha-8893.jpg

1260973151-maxxi-rome-zha-9077.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

4155985094_67a248b6b3.jpg

P1000784JPG.jpg

P1000787JPG.jpg

P1000797JPG.jpg

P1000800JPG.jpg

P1000817JPG.jpg

P1000821JPG.jpg

P1000824JPG.jpg

The value of this photo is lost on architects: Harley evo with radiator. See it? Eh, Ehhh?

P1000877JPG.jpg

P1000925JPG.jpg

b305fa5e3dbbb5f4af2d5bd092ea4236f9b.jpg

bfb2108c0c3383314c5b3de5720dbdda662.jpg

bldg20space20blog20childs20space.jpg

tumblr_ksixwdNV191qz7lxdo1_500.jpg

underground-home-designs-swiss-m-1.jpg

underground-home-designs-swiss-moun.jpg

Oops, some of those arent buildings. Fuck it im too lazy to go through the code and figure out which ones are which.

But seriously slow up with the gay skyscrapers. Many of them were designed by people with no architectural background who just crudely copied other buildings, and sometimes not even that. Take almost every building in San Francisco, for example...