Google Voice Invite Thread

lord_casek

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason mine aren't appearing yet but I am sure I will them shortly, I will make it known and then they are up for grabs.

If you have an android phone then your set because all of your phone numbers are already on google voice.

you can easily export your phone numbers into a csv file on most major email handles and then just upload them like a photo to your google voice contacts.

If google crashes now, I will be really really fucked.

They basically control my email, phone service, and phone platform.

once chrome os comes out they will just run everything.

scary anyone?

Don't stop doing backups. All my online data (email addresses, bookmarks, etc.) is updated and saved as HTML or text files. I don't trust Google implicitly but I like the features and they haven't given me a reason to not trust them. And I doubt that Chrome OS is going to take over in any big way any more than Android has.

nsmb, I use my account for voicemail and SMS and when I get a cell someday it will be a secondary number for that too thanks to Grandcentral. You can have it ring your cell or house phone when you get a call on GV. Overall, it's pretty cool and has a lot of perks for a free service, so if you have an account it's definitely worth spending a hour or two messing around with it. Also, MG posted a way to make free calls with GV, but it's a lot of work and I don't feel like hassling with that.

The main perk is you can pick out a good number, or at least you used to be able to.

The next main perk is the shit is free, rings any phone you tell it to so you'll never have to change your number again.

Also you can have it ring you only if one of your contacts call, any other unknown number goes straight to voicemail.

Set up multiple outgoing voicemail messages for different numbers, set it up to just text you a transcript of the voicemails you get instantly to.

All kinds of flexibility and it's free.

The googlevoice mobile app is nice.

the voicemail to text is pretty accurate and its nice because I dont answer my cell 70% of the time and this way if theres a real emergency I will know without having to listen to the vm.

it also acts just like visual voicemail for the iphone.

it also saves every sing voicemail in both text and audio files just like email.

i didnt choose to change my phone number to a google number, because soon you will be able to get the same features, but if you did opt to do that, then you have free sms as well.

does anyone get the making calls thing?

I call the google voice number assigned to my phone, and from there I can opt to make a call, but I dont know if google voice is replacing my voice mail in the sense that I can call it for free, because if my calls to google voice are free and I can make calls from there than I should cut down my minutes on my plan to save money.

I had trouble finding this out.

does anyone use google chrome (the internet browser)

I've been using it for a month or so. i recon its better then mozilla, just a simpler layout and you can google search straight from the "type in web site bar thing" as well as suggesting what web site you might be looking for i.e typeing in 12oz automatically comes up with http://www.12ozprophet.com even if youve never been on 12 oz before

i know this doesn't have anything to do with google voice invites but didnt really want to start a thread just about google chrome

the picture program they've maid is pretty neet if your looking for a free alternative to paint/Ms photoviewer(what ever its called) and don't have photoshop

if your interested just google it

does anyone use google chrome (the internet browser)

I've been using it for a month or so. i recon its better then mozilla, just a simpler layout and you can google search straight from the "type in web site bar thing" as well as suggesting what web site you might be looking for i.e typeing in 12oz automatically comes up with http://www.12ozprophet.com even if youve never been on 12 oz before

The newest firefox does that too, and you can type in a word and it brings up all of the sites youve visited recently with the same word under the address bar. I have used chrome but firefox has way more extensions and neat little add ons and lots of safety measures chrome doesent.

They are launching a full fledged os soon, which will be integrated with the browser and all of the google features.

chrome has a new "artist theme" plug in for the browser, the jenny holzer one is aight.

the mark ecko theme looks like a bunch of collegiate designers looked at this very website with their butt loving penis eyes.

kind of like everything he has ever produced.

Reality bit me in the ass. This is the new and improved Casek 2.0

Complacent nigga.

theres just no preventative measures anymore, at this point technology has taken the stance "either your with us or against us" there is no middle ground, im right there with you.