Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nsmbfan

HOW TO KEEP THE LANDLORD OUT

Ok, so maybe you can help me with my problem. I don't need the landlord from my apartments coming in when I'm not there - or the maintenence man for that matter.

I smoked a bowl and came up with this... see if you can improve upon it, or tell me if there's a better way without changing the locks.

doorproblem1.jpg

doorproblem2.jpg

doorproblem3.jpg

I'm trying this when I get home from work. Be sure to debunk it before then.

If someone can't come up with a better idea, I'll just use my patio door instead. But I think it'd be suspect if people started seeing me come and go by hopping my patio gate.

• Like 1

How do you unlock it once you get back?

with the same string, opposite the way you did to lock it? i'm no scientist.

Yea, no shit, if you have another way in or out lock that motherfucker and climb out the window.

That string will fail and you'll be locked out, just put the bong away when you go out or find a better place to grow.

God damn, after closer inspection of those really nice blueprints:lol:

You really think tape will hold that string on, you must be really fucking high.

• Like 1

nobody else has this problem?

If I thought my landlord was entering my house without my permission I'd be on the phone flipping the fuck out and threatening physical violence, not devising stupid lock systems

God damn, after closer inspection of those really nice blueprints:lol:

You really think tape will hold that string on, you must be really fucking high.

you've obviously never worked with gorilla glue and 100lb test fishing line.

i do not know if i would trust tape, actually i deff wouldn't. but if this is the route you're going to go then at least drill small holes through the opposite end where the arrow is on the inside part of the lock so you can tie the string through the hole and make sure it had a 60lb test or something stronger.

need

1 bit for drilling metal maybe like 1/16 inch?

2 also a drill lol

you've obviously never worked with gorilla glue and 100lb test fishing line.

No, I haven't, I'm a tradesman, I tend to do these kinds of things the right way.

If I thought my landlord was entering my house without my permission I'd be on the phone flipping the fuck out and threatening physical violence, not devising stupid lock systems

the maintence guy accidentally went to the wrong apartment to fix a "plumbing problem". he knocked once and walked right in... i didn't have the top lock locked. i got suspect and called the front office, to see if he wasnt just casing my shit while i was gone.

turns out to be a simple mistake, but i know better. the new maintenence guy looks like a crack addict.

Set up a webcam outside your front door and stream it live to your iphone, so you can see if he is snooping around your shit. And for the times you're at home you can set up some sort of live cam strip site for housewives and make a fortune.

The possibilities are endless and can only lead to good things.

yea, tell THAT to the judge.

Who said anything about a judge, snitchy? I figured that if you're going to go through some sort of mentally challenged Macgyver string & tape lock your own ass out plan that maybe you don't understand that dude can't just stop in as he pleases without you there.

Husk was convinced his new landlord stole $100 off his kitchen counter, so we came up with alot of ridiculous scenarios of how he could surveil him

The best one, in my opinion, was wearing a teddy bear costume and pretending to be a really big stuffed animal

Who said anything about a judge, snitchy? I figured that if you're going to go through some sort of mentally challenged Macgyver string & tape lock your own ass out plan that maybe you don't understand that dude can't just stop in as he pleases without you there.

:lol::lol:

i understand rights and all. but probable cause is probable cause. which is why i don't wanna make waves, just find a simple solution to it all.

thanks for your concern about my renters rights.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now