HOW TO KEEP THE LANDLORD OUT

nsmbfan

Ok, so maybe you can help me with my problem. I don't need the landlord from my apartments coming in when I'm not there - or the maintenence man for that matter.

I smoked a bowl and came up with this... see if you can improve upon it, or tell me if there's a better way without changing the locks.

doorproblem1.jpg

doorproblem2.jpg

doorproblem3.jpg

I'm trying this when I get home from work. Be sure to debunk it before then.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do not know if i would trust tape, actually i deff wouldn't. but if this is the route you're going to go then at least drill small holes through the opposite end where the arrow is on the inside part of the lock so you can tie the string through the hole and make sure it had a 60lb test or something stronger.

need

1 bit for drilling metal maybe like 1/16 inch?

2 also a drill lol

If I thought my landlord was entering my house without my permission I'd be on the phone flipping the fuck out and threatening physical violence, not devising stupid lock systems

the maintence guy accidentally went to the wrong apartment to fix a "plumbing problem". he knocked once and walked right in... i didn't have the top lock locked. i got suspect and called the front office, to see if he wasnt just casing my shit while i was gone.

turns out to be a simple mistake, but i know better. the new maintenence guy looks like a crack addict.

Set up a webcam outside your front door and stream it live to your iphone, so you can see if he is snooping around your shit. And for the times you're at home you can set up some sort of live cam strip site for housewives and make a fortune.

The possibilities are endless and can only lead to good things.

yea, tell THAT to the judge.

Who said anything about a judge, snitchy? I figured that if you're going to go through some sort of mentally challenged Macgyver string & tape lock your own ass out plan that maybe you don't understand that dude can't just stop in as he pleases without you there.

Who said anything about a judge, snitchy? I figured that if you're going to go through some sort of mentally challenged Macgyver string & tape lock your own ass out plan that maybe you don't understand that dude can't just stop in as he pleases without you there.

:lol::lol:

i understand rights and all. but probable cause is probable cause. which is why i don't wanna make waves, just find a simple solution to it all.

thanks for your concern about my renters rights.

i suspect my landlord/maintenence guy letting themselves into my apt while i'm not home, so i jus stash discriminating evidence befor leaving for work every morning...

like merc said, bong stashed, blackbook on bookshelf looking like a book, graff supplies an shit either hidden or in my "art studio" which has no graff on the walls and non-graff look'n paintings on the walls...

good luck with the different locking ideas tho....

:lol::lol:

i understand rights and all. but probable cause is probable cause. which is why i don't wanna make waves, just find a simple solution to it all.

thanks for your concern about my renters rights.

Probabale cause? What the fuck are you talking about? Your landlord doesn't have the same rights as a cop, he can't come in cuz he "thinks something is up"

ok but you're saying if he walks in and happens to notice something on his own, while he's illegally in my place of residence, he can't go to the cops with it?

dude i hope that's the case. but i don't got the time for a courtroom of my peers to decide that for me.