and again, pictures of cars..

watson

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ive never been into VWs.

Another thing I'd like to discuss is the LS.

What do you guys think about cheap power and torque in the LS?

meaning instead of building up an engine that comes with the car, or being brand loyal( SR20 in 240SX, 1JZ in Soarer, etc) swapping in a LS motor and calling it a day?

VW's are actually pretty nice cars, it's just personal preference I guess.

As for LS swaps, they actually make so much sense that I don't get why people would even bother bashing it. If you build a car for the sole purpose of power, you tend to lose the whole reliability aspect of the car, for example, you can build an rx7 with a bridgeport, ceramic seals and a single instead of the twin turbos and boost the fuck out of it ( My buddy runs 21 psi on his FD, ~600 horses I would say ) but you're going to need to rebuild it sooner than you'd probably like to.

As for other engines like SRs, RBs, JZs, most people don't do things the right way when they build cars and end up cheaping out on one specific area of the engine and that ends up coming back and screwing them over and blowing the whole thing. With the LS swap, you'd have ~300 horses bone stock and can reach 500 easy without totally throwing out reliability. Some cars, funnily enough, retain 50/50 weight distribution when you swap and LS into it, for example, the FC rx7, which is a plus.

It all comes down to whether or not you're a purist or not really. To me, power is power, whether it comes from a 2JZ, 20B, LS1, RB26 or a a freaking lawnmower. So yeah, if I had the money and time to do an LS swap, I would.

Pictures to keep it moving :)

tumblr_lmmtrrxyll1qk9aubo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lhojipRjyf1qc9t1no1_500.jpg

tumblr_lhqa3jPFii1qeqth3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lf7gt5UoBW1qbkb8io1_500.jpg

tumblr_lia2e9jY9v1qbvpa3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lit2rhWT8H1qagafio1_500.jpg

tumblr_lj0jdq4FIn1qg4j6yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lilcngWan01qiq8bjo1_500.jpg

The stretch is pretty stupid on a chassis that can corner that well. Hopefully that's just for show and he's got some real rubber in the shed for the track.

Indeed

12" wheel with a 4" contact patch.:lol:

While Im not a huge fan of the hellaflushstancenationbullshit...its fun to look at.

Whats up with the mags on the that soarer?

Kit says drift slut, wheels say park me next to the nearest strip club, i belong on a iroc..