Detroit Mayor is Great!!

Seffiks

we have a fairly famous art museum there. in the winter time only half of it would be open at a time, because the city could not afford to heat the entire museum everyday.

we had an aquarium shut down two years ago, the oldest aquarium in the country, because the city did not have an extra $250,000 a year to fund it. meanwhile dude tricked off almost 10mil in order to 'get some pussy'.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

marion barry smoked crack with hookers in a dc hotel room, went to prison, and was reelected as mayor of DC for another term.

black people have the absolute worst sense of political responsibility in the world.

also, you have to consider that the people who like kwame are the same ones who think oj is innocent, still like michael jackson and r kelly.

Nobody should go to prison for fucking... It really isn't about that though. He basically cooked 2 investigators for looking into his affair.... it was an internal affairs issue i suppose...

Kwame denied under oath that he was having an affair.... Detroit Free Press turned up text messages that proved otherwise.... So the city which is mad broke comes out its pockets close to 9 million which was the settlement for the 2 officers

What its about is that he fired the 2 cops for investigating the affair. The lying on the stand is just for his poor judgement and thats the most serious charges... that he was NOT having an affair.... And his wife finds out in the end anyways

I voted for his ass the first time round... This is all old shit thats coming out now that he did years ago... Kwame a crook tho.... they all crooked

He been done shit fucked up from day 1

he more than deserves it.

detroit had a very controversial mayor in the 80's named coleman young. he was a member of the tuskeegee airmen and renouned for not taking shit from anyone. he told ronald reagan to fuck off. he named a white man to (i believe) his chief of staff position, and then told everyone in the city if they had a problem with her, they could fuck themselves. he was allegedly behind the 'devils night' phenomenon that most folks dont even know about, but was where people would set fire to abandoned houses the night before halloween. theory is that he wanted the houses gone, the city wouldnt fund he, so he had people go out and set them on fire knowing they'd then be condemned and have to be razed. its never been proven, but that's the word on the street.

anyway, point was, ever since there has been the prevailing idea that in order to get anything done in detroit, you need to be a little bit dirty. people forgive it. infact, they secretly applaud it.

lol I started to make a tread about this a couple days ago

but i stopped cuz i didn't think anyone would give a fuck

the mayor had a party at his mansion

and had some strippers there and two of them ended up dead

1 of them got shot up in detroit and the other was found dead in atlanta

hes on some gangster shit if you ask me

but his lawyer said there not gonna use detroit tax payers money

to pay for the shit

but who knows

the three cops that got fired were gonna talk about the party

at the mansion, so they were fired

and they sued the city

and the pay out was 8.4 million

and a lot of people want him to step down

but he says he wont

marion barry smoked crack with hookers in a dc hotel room, went to prison, and was reelected as mayor of DC for another term.

black people have the absolute worst sense of political responsibility in the world.

also, you have to consider that the people who like kwame are the same ones who think oj is innocent, still like michael jackson and r kelly.

that is a very large generalization you're making there, coming from DC and meeting marion barry im going to have give you a large fuck you. if you are going to mention corrupt people mention every corrupt bastard that has ever held any political position, dont just call out black people, every race has some people that have fucked it up. also barry is a down to earth mother fucker, one of the most "real" people i have ever talked to.

• Like 1

this is not all about kwame just getting a piece of ass. it is about him lying under oath and ruining the lives of police officers doing their jobs. kwame is definetly a shady motherfucker. as tuff tone said the strippers who were allegedly at the party turned up dead and the casings matched the DPD casings. now they apparently can't prove that, but they can prove that he lied under oath. its very fucked up that the city of detroit has to pay eight million dollars for his law suit settlement. i dont know if you guys know about whats going on in detroit but we are planning on closing 95 detroit public schools by the year 2009. just think about that for a minute. thats a whole shit load of schools. the people living and growing up in detroit are at a huge disadvantage if they cannot even send their kids to school. with 8 million dollars we could do alot to better the school system. we could do alot for the city with 8 million dollars but instead we are using it to pay a police officers because they were fired by the mayor for doing their job. these two police officers reputations were completely ruined.think about how that affects THEIR families. its extremely selfish of the mayor to fuck them over like that to save his own marriage. also kwame has been caught using tax payers money to go on vacation to hawaii and california where him and his family stay at expensive resorts. he has used the money to pay for his wifes long stays at spas not to mention the cars and the partys at the mansion. he is also known to hang out with some shady gangster types. kwame needs to step down and the people of the city of detroit need to elect a mayor that will think of the people of detroit. how can the mayor be out there living it up while the people of detroit live in absolute poverty for the most part. this is what you see when you come to detroit.and anyone who lives here will agree that i am in no way fabricating this. this is really what you see in most neighborhoods in the D...

297373423_e403f1ddfe.jpg

022._detroit_city_poem_1b_by_estimmel.jpg

vfiles19409.jpg

michigan-central-station.jpg

detroit_houses.jpg

473111943_a3bd537c6f.jpg

object_orange_by_j_kyle_keener_courtesy_.jpg

1436808141_174a1e6034.jpg

check out the detroit thread in the brick slayers section and you'll get an idea of what detroit really looks like.

I've always been amazed by detroit's story. I dont think many people really understand just how fucking far the city fell. take a look at this city-funded booster film from 1965

http://www.archive.org/details/DetroitC1965

look at the picture its painting. a 2 million strong metropolis, economic and industrial powerhouse, bastion of arts and culture. World class in every category possible.

granted, by 1965 there were already economic problems and racial tension, but nothing like what would happen over the next 10-20 years. to loose almost half your population in 40-50 years, its staggering.

If it wasn't so cold in Detroit in the winter, I would squat here.

Do they have one of those "Buy a house for a dollar" homesteading progarms in Detroit? I heard that they were doing something like that in St. Louis or Kansas CIty....I forget which, but you could buy a house for a dollar and as long as you worked out a plan to pay down the property tax and either renovate/maintain the place, you were in.

Or you could just move in to a house/building and pay the property tax, then declare adverse possession if the owners were dead or they had abandoned the property.

kwame has been hated in detroit since he took office. its not just his 'enemies'.

there have been countless charges against him for everything from prostitution, to (i believe) wrongfull death. detroit has a long history of scumbag black mayors abusing their power. the last mayor (dennis archer) had a well known coke dealing son who was constantly being busted and magically bailed out. detroit loves its black mayors.

he was supposed to be the great hope of the city wasnt he? Didnt he play a big role in getting the MGM grand? I knew people up there and was rtavelling there a lot around 99-02 and he was really popular... then preceided to fleace the city and become pretty much hated. This was some weak shit for him to get caught on, but he did a lot of other shit from what everyone up there was saying since then

I've always been amazed by detroit's story. I dont think many people really understand just how fucking far the city fell. take a look at this city-funded booster film from 1965

http://www.archive.org/details/DetroitC1965

look at the picture its painting. a 2 million strong metropolis, economic and industrial powerhouse, bastion of arts and culture. World class in every category possible.

granted, by 1965 there were already economic problems and racial tension, but nothing like what would happen over the next 10-20 years. to loose almost half your population in 40-50 years, its staggering.

riots were in 68?

thats all downtown is, riot zone like weaux

If it wasn't so cold in Detroit in the winter, I would squat here.

Do they have one of those "Buy a house for a dollar" homesteading progarms in Detroit? I heard that they were doing something like that in St. Louis or Kansas CIty....I forget which, but you could buy a house for a dollar and as long as you worked out a plan to pay down the property tax and either renovate/maintain the place, you were in.

Or you could just move in to a house/building and pay the property tax, then declare adverse possession if the owners were dead or they had abandoned the property.

i never heard of that program here in the D.